xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34

Author Topic: Don't Run A Hdd Xbe Scan! :o  (Read 764 times)

eh.

• Archived User
Don't Run A Hdd Xbe Scan! :o
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »

Hmmm, seemingly intelligent members have recently been doing inexplicable things with the .xbe exploits, resulting in lots of "problem" posts eh. huh.gif

Consequently, my paranoia now has me thinking that M$ staff are not only watching this forum, they're posting too!  (Probably as they learn how it all works eh. laugh.gif )

total_ass

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »

Can someone please re-assure me.

A future dash can be created that is not UDE compatible? I'm really worried that a new dash is gonna stop my precious UDE. i care about my UDE more than my family sad.gif

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (Chicken Scratch Boy @ Sep 5 2004, 10:58 PM - part)
and, they can have it embeded in the default.xbe so that we cant patch it out.

Surely anything could be patched in the backup (and retail state re-established before using the original) eh. uhh.gif

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2004, 01:36:00 PM »

it'd be hard if it's just another function in the xbe, you cnat remove halo from halo, but leave the intro, can you?

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2004, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (eh. @ Sep 8 2004, 02:04 PM)
Hmmm, seemingly intelligent members have recently been doing inexplicable things with the .xbe exploits, resulting in lots of "problem" posts eh. huh.gif

What exactly does this mean?

And it's Angerwound, as in hurt not wind up wink.gif

Finally, I never did see a point to this thread except for making people worry about things that they shouldn't give two shits about.

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (Angerwound @ Sep 11 2004, 01:32 PM - question)
What exactly does this mean?

It was just a little XBE Expolits light relief amongst the grind... sorry if it bothered you eh. ... it does also say:
Consequently, my paranoia now has me thinking that M$ staff are not only watching this forum, they're posting too!  (Probably as they learn how it all works eh. laugh.gif )

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (Angerwound @ Sep 11 2004, 01:32 PM - opinion)
Finally, I never did see a point to this thread except for making people worry about things that they shouldn't give two shits about.
That's one way to interpret it all but (believe it or not!) there's always been a real significance about it too eh.
SUDDENLY...
QUOTE (a powerful figure @  a distant thread...)
Done it all eh?

I need a bootstrap for a PAL 1.6 (ELSEWHERE HDD signed update.xbe that executes on K:5838 and is exploitable)

Patience boss, it's shrouded by mystery and the scanner's not the solution this time eh! ohmy.gif

Dai_UK

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (total_ass @ Sep 9 2004, 09:21 PM)
Can someone please re-assure me.

A future dash can be created that is not UDE compatible? I'm really worried that a new dash is gonna stop my precious UDE. i care about my UDE more than my family sad.gif

Look I love UDE2 man but calm down - if this happens I put my stock HD in play my originals then consider getting a chip or some type of bigger case and a hd switch.

Of course I may just get another xbox as it'd be cheaper and keep one for new stuff and my one for FUN

either way - don't stress like Angerwound says.

ps.

I've always thought of it as wound as in hurt which twat thought of it as in winding!

Staz

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2004, 07:25:00 PM »

I'm a PAL user. How do I find an .xbe that will work for exploits?

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2004, 01:10:00 AM »

@Staz and anyone else that's interested: by thinking outside the box eh. gift.gif

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (Chicken Scratch Boy @ Sep 11 2004, 01:03 PM)
it'd be hard if it's just another function in the xbe, you cnat remove halo from halo, but leave the intro, can you?

I suspect it'd be relatively straight-forward to do the opposite though (which is more analogous) eh.

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »

would M$ ever make a dash that automatically flashes the bios? cos that'd be a smart move for them, and also make it clear the c: and completely re-install a new dash.

that'd certainly stop a lot of people!

lets hope they don't do that

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2004, 11:13:00 PM »

sure, if your xbox can download a soldering iron, some solder and some wire...

TracerX

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »

Yeah, and when my xbox can download solder, a soldering iron, wire, and can solder the points on the mobo all by itself I'm gonna stop modding completely. Because at that point it could probably beat the crap outta me for modding it too hehe

FINITE

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »

I myself have simply been removing the update.xbe files from my backups. So far no games I have played from the hard drive have complained about this. I dont have an xbox live account anymore canceled early this year so I dont need to worry about that. Hopefully I am correct is thinking that the update.xbe files that come with games are what updates the M$ dash. Soooo I THINK that I am pretty safe unless someone from M$ can hack into my pc and then tunnel into my xbox while I happen to have it turned on and force feed my an update.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34