xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: After 7 Copies Of Xboxhdm I Ask For Help  (Read 116 times)

DaddyJ

• Archived User
After 7 Copies Of Xboxhdm I Ask For Help
« on: August 15, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »

It would be helpful to list the error number sir.

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »

look in the corners, white number

EthanHunt_IMF

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »

I don't think there were error numbers with older kernels.   As you have a 1.0 this is probably the case.  What did you use to extract slayers?  Certain xiso extractors don't reproduce an exact copy of the files in the xiso, this has happened to me before.  Are you trying to upgrade to a bigger drive?  The password is not interchangeable between drives.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 07:06:00 PM »

I believe the correct file in Slayers 2.5 for UDE is the \SYSTEM\ALL\c\xodash\update.xbe

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

rename that update.xbe -> xboxdash.xbe flawlessly

EthanHunt_IMF

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

are you doing a UDE softmod?  If so, from slayers, you need C and E.  From here you can follow the instructions for UDE.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »

yes the E drive is required , this is where your PBL or patcher will be

OliG

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »

last time i tried UDE it didnt work, the instructions somewhat suck with the all the different names they use to trick you. bahh, its too confusing

That's why you need to read more and keep trying. You are only going to learn by reading and trying these things again. I can't say why your getting the error screen on bootup but is does sounds like there are some missing or corrupt/wrong files somewhere.

I think it's a little lame/unfair to say that the tut's suck, the people of XS have done a lot of working at bettering the tut's for people like yourself. If you are finding them confusing in some way then that would be the best place to start. If you don't understand a cerain part of a tut then ask!!!! Don't slate the tut's cus you don't understand em....

rant over!!!

OliG

gl2aves

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »

you think thats lame? how about openeing your xbox to solder it... thats a FANTASTIC tutorial.. let me tell you. no. ive already read everything, i just hope i strike luck cause i got nowhere to go.

h4tr3d

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

my guess is you are trying to do this on the stock hard drive. in that case, make sure your xbox is working properly like it would off the store shelf. then:

1) ftp into the xbox and copy c: and e: (dont add/change/remove files)
2) make the xboxhdm with c: and e: (dont add/change/remove files)

now you have an exact replica of your hard drive, so even if you ruined it, you could restore it to original. you can test this by taking a spare hard drive that supports locking and build it with xboxhdm. then lock it, pop it in your xbox and it should work.

why do it this way? because you dont have to burn 7 cds with different files everytime.

now all you need to do is ftp to your xbox via gamesave, and add/change/rename the files accordingly. if it hangs or gives you an error, try to power up the xbox with the game in the drive and ftp back in, making necessary changes.

if you come to a point where it wont run the game and youve lost ftp access, then remove the drive and restore it with the disk you created. repeat until you get it right.

also make sure you are habibi signing whatever your e:\default.xbe is...otherwise you will get nothing. you will know the bootloader is working if the led turns solid orange....if it does then make sure you have c:\evoxdash.xbe...if that dont work rename c:\evoxdash.xbe to c:\default.xbe.

here is a great thread on what you should have in your c: and e: drives AFTER UDE...its about halfway down the page:

UDE Results

i hope this helps...

gl2aves

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »

Well, somewhat, but my problem is i have no idea whats on my xbox HD right now, its definately corrupted seeing as though it wont get passed the needs service error with no number following the xbox logo screen. its a version 1 xbox so i dont know what to start with... i dont have a live headset and i wont have one. i have my hdd-key atleast, all the original files are gone.. its pretty much an xbox hd with corrupted slayers files and failed softmodding.  :\ not good!

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (gl2aves @ Aug 27 2004, 08:51 PM)
Well, somewhat, but my problem is i have no idea whats on my xbox HD right now, its definately corrupted seeing as though it wont get passed the needs service error with no number following the xbox logo screen. its a version 1 xbox so i dont know what to start with... i dont have a live headset and i wont have one. i have my hdd-key atleast, all the original files are gone.. its pretty much an xbox hd with corrupted slayers files and failed softmodding.  :\ not good!

well some older boxes didnt show a number. Sometimes the light flashing can give you a clue as to whats wrong. all you need is your hddkey, stick your hard drive in the pc, unlock it, and use xboxhdm to setup a ude install setup. relock the drive, and stick it in the xbox. See where you are from there. If it boots successfully make sure to grab your eeprom.bin ASAP.

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (OliG @ Aug 26 2004, 05:01 AM)

I think it's a little lame/unfair to say that the tut's suck, the people of XS have done a lot of working at bettering the tut's for people like yourself. If you are finding them confusing in some way then that would be the best place to start. If you don't understand a cerain part of a tut then ask!!!! Don't slate the tut's cus you don't understand em....

rant over!!!

OliG

As do I.  If you can't figure out my tutorial for softmodding, and insist on ranting about how bad it sucks, you should probably get your eyes checked.  I know the pictures currently aren't working, but when they're there it's really easy to follow, as well as videos even.  There's an excellent tutorial written for xboxhdm as well.  Read up, and then ask questions.

If it means anything to you, which it probably doesn't, my xbox kept erroring as well with no error number.  I eventually found out that the eeprom dump from Configmagic was bad (odd, I know, but it was true) and I redid it with evox and everything worked.  Make sure there's not a long string of zeros in the numbers in the password part of xboxhdm (I don't remember what string, but one of them was all zeros for me and that was what was screwed up.

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »

You need eeprom.bin from your xbox.  You can't lock it with the password from your old hd.

gl2aves

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

i cant lock it with the xbox with my old hd password? i use this one i have written down that always works.. i didnt change HDs or anything.. how do i create an eeprom with a key i have?