xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Ltools Memcard Tutorial - 007, Ma, Sc  (Read 1046 times)

ipodder2003

• Archived User
Ltools Memcard Tutorial - 007, Ma, Sc
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (kid a @ Jul 25 2004, 06:55 PM)
thanks. I just finished installing everything through the mechassault route and everything seems to work great! you might want to add a bit to the end of your guide though. when I set my preferences and initialized the install, the screen became black and garbled(no readable text), led flashed oranged, and a minute or so later led flashed green. I just about pissed my pants, but I looked up another guide that said this was all normal(aside from the garbled text, didn't see any mention of this). apparently the orange LED means the app is installing(?) and the flashing green means it is done. thanks again, I'm still amazed that this was possible.

Sure thing, I'll add that.  Mine didn't get garbled like that, but I'll make sure to say something about that and the LED colors, which I forgot.

kid a

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »

maybe it has to do with me using the hd pack and component cables as opposed to out of the box composite cables?

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (kid a @ Jul 25 2004, 09:05 PM)
maybe it has to do with me using the hd pack and component cables as opposed to out of the box composite cables?

That is possible, I suppose.  I don't have the HD pack or I'd test it.

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »

Excellant job ipodder. Screenshots are always a good way to go.I asked for some extremely noobie friendly tutorials and within the past week or so there has been some great submitions. I will update the thread soon with everything that hasn't been added.

kid a

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »

another question, hope you don't mind. I networked my xbox and I get drives c, d, e, f, x, y and z. where exactly do I ftp applications(xbmc specifically) so that I can access it from the apps submenu in evox?

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2004, 10:34:00 PM »

Put homebrew software within your E drive.  I belive evolutionX's default folder is something like 'E:\apps'

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2004, 10:06:00 PM »

Yep, put your apps in e:/apps.  Make sure to copy over the entire folder that you unrared, and make sure that inside the folder there is default.xbe.  Your app won't run without it.  You'll have to restart your xbox to see any changes.

Edit:  Thanks for the compliment, Angerwound, this one was kind of a test... if people liked it, I'll write more.  I guess you know what I'll be doing now biggrin.gif

IggyFkgPop

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2004, 03:48:00 PM »

Hi, I just successfully installed this package, BUT, I NEED HELP!  I think I f--ed my F drive up.  See, I was trying to softmod my box which was previously chipped so I had all my backups on F.  I didn't think installing this package would reformat anything, but now my F drive has disappeared.  PLEASE HELP.

IggyFkgPop

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2004, 06:32:00 PM »

wwwooooo, nevermind.  THIS PACKAGE DOESN'T REFORMAT ANYTHING.  Sorry, just got scared there for a second.  It was just the wrong bios, no large F enabled. Figured that out real fast and ficed everything up.  Package works great, thanks

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »

ltools packages updated. Now with UDE2 and automatic update.xbe generation.
Let me know if you are in doubt about any of the new functionalities ipodder

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (ldots @ Jul 26 2004, 07:40 PM)
ltools packages updated. Now with UDE2 and automatic update.xbe generation.
Let me know if you are in doubt about any of the new functionalities ipodder

Very, very awesome ldots.  It's a shame I don't have any newer boxes to test it on... anyone interested in helping me out with some screens?

Done.  Tut is now for all games that are exploitable, I hope you guys enjoy it!  I need help though with exact loading-game details for MA and SC.  Anybody wanna help?  I'll try to get screens done.  I also kind of want some legal advice, is it legal to host screenshots and videos of the MS dash/games/whatever?  Thanks guys.

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2004, 10:02:00 PM »

OK, so basically, HELP WANTED:

SC and MA instructions on loading a savegame, like exactly what to do.

Screens from at least MA if possible.

Legal info if it's ok to host videos/screens of MS dash and the games (sorry, I'm a little paranoid of that stuff these days)

That's pretty much it.  You don't get anything if you fulfill your position, maybe some webhosting (not from me, a link to a good one) if you need it.

Thanks guys,

ipodder

kid a

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2004, 02:09:00 AM »

I have original copies of mech assault and splinter cell so I might be able to help. problem is my only way to cap screens is to use a webcam. I'll try tomorrow afternoon and see if the results are decent.

adil786

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2004, 04:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (ipodder2003 @ Jul 27 2004, 05:29 AM)
OK, so basically, HELP WANTED:

SC and MA instructions on loading a savegame, like exactly what to do.

Screens from at least MA if possible.

Legal info if it's ok to host videos/screens of MS dash and the games (sorry, I'm a little paranoid of that stuff these days)

That's pretty much it.  You don't get anything if you fulfill your position, maybe some webhosting (not from me, a link to a good one) if you need it.

Thanks guys,

ipodder

better to be parnoid than not parnaoid i say...

cometcoil

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »

hey great tut. the pictures make me alot more confident with what i am doing. but i still have one quick ?. Do i still have to ftp over and copy my c drive and eeprom before i do this? thanks alot guys
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17