xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Ltools Memcard Tutorial - 007, Ma, Sc  (Read 1047 times)

ipodder2003

• Archived User
Ltools Memcard Tutorial - 007, Ma, Sc
« on: July 25, 2004, 12:10:00 AM »

DISCLAIMER: USING THIS TUTORIAL IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.  IF YOU MESS UP YOUR XBOX WITH IT, IT'S NOT MINE OR ANYONE ELSE'S FAULT /DISCLAIMER

UPDATE WITH THE TUT SOON FOR EXACT INSTALLATION TIPS FOR UDE2, as well as screens.

I created a tut to help people with 007, MA, or Splinter Cell and Action Replay/Controller dongle that want to try UDE.  This now works for UDE 1 and 2.

Keep in mind, update.xbe is no longer necessary.  ltools will attempt to generate a update.xbe for you from your current one.  I put that part of the tut at the bottom incase the automatic part doesn't work for you.  Therefore my tut is pretty much pointless now, just to help out.  I'll try to make it into a post describing the ways to get this on your xbox now, maybe.

Tutorial: ldots’ Memcard UDE Installer

Required Components:

ltools_007_v1.x.zip, ltools_MA_v1.x.zip, OR ltools_v1.x_SC_NTSC.rar
            No link, from Xbins, and of course many thanks to ldots

Memory Card/Action Replay
            Doesn’t have to be AR, just some way to connect your memcard to PC.  Must have the Datel software, available here
Note:  You don’t actually have to have a Action Replay, there’s many other ways to do this, like hotswap, USB, friend’s xbox, etc, but this is just explaining the Action Replay method, for now.

Xbox
            Kernal no longer matters, thanks to UDE2, but you can’t have a PAL box.

Got all that?  Good.

(If you have the Splinter Cell package, unrar it first to get the 2 parts of the exploit you need)

1.  Open the Action Replay software, and set up your dongle, whether with the controller or the AR.  Drag your package straight to the memory card if it's 007 or MA, or unrar zipped folder directly into the Memory Card side of AR.

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/JonoB/Xbox-Scene/image030.jpg)

2. The MEMORY CARD bar should go white, then slowly turn orange, like this.  Wait till that’s done.

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/JonoB/Xbox-Scene/image032.jpg)

NOTE:  If you are using Splinter Cell, you also need to copy over “part2.zip” from the original unrared file.  Do this right after you do your “part1.zip.”

That’s it for the computer part!  Pop out your memory card and head over to your xbox.

Movies are back online.  I only have them for 007 right now, but I'll make some for Splinter Cell since my original game works again.  Keep in mind, this 007 movie is for the older ltools until I can get it upgraded... should work about the same though.  I don't have MA to give it a try, does anyone wanna help out?  All I need is info like this on how to load the save games.  

007 Movies

memcard.mpg

007.mpg

If my bandwidth gets cooked too much, the vids will go down.

Here's the text tut, still, if you need it.
   1. Pop in your memory card, start up your xbox, and go to MEMORY.
   2. Select your memory card, go to the 007.  Select the smaller circle (the actual save) and press A.  Press A on Copy, select the HD, and wait.
   3. Remove the memory card, and insert 007/MA/SC.
   4. Wait for 007to load, press start, and go to Load Mission.  Select Xbox Hard Drive and press A.
   5. MXM will boot, with ldots’ UDE installer.  Press B to get to the menu, then move to “Install UDE” and press A.
   6. (this is where the movie cuts off, I don't want to install UDE on my box again :P )You’ll be asked a few preferences, select which PBL you want, as well as your primary dash.  The primary one will load when you have the tray closed, secondary will load when the tray is open.  
   7.  At this point the eject button's LED will turn orange while the exploit is being installed (DON'T TURN OFF YOUR XBOX!!!) and green flashing when it's done.  When it's green, it's safe to turn off your xbox.

If anyone more experienced than me sees any problems whatsoever with my tut, feel free to tell me, I'm all ears.  B)

Good luck!
-ipodder

This post has been edited by Angerwound: Jan 7 2005, 02:56 PM

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 01:59:00 AM »

WARNING! NO USE FOR THIS UNLESS THE AUTO TOOLS DIDN'T WORK!!!

OK, here's the info about slayers in case the automatic part didn't work for you.  I REPEAT: THIS IS ONLY IF THE AUTOMATIC PART DIDN'T WORK, THERE'S NO REASON TO DO THIS OTHERWISE:

1.  Unzip whichever of the three packages you got wherever you want.  Should end up with this on all of them, except Splinter Cell:

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/JonoB/Xbox-Scene/image013.jpg)

If you are using Splinter Cell, you will see this, just unzip “part1.zip”

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/JonoB/Xbox-Scene/image003.jpg)

2.  007:  Double click UDATA, then 4541000d, 000000000000, and finally files.  You should see this:

MA:  Double click UDATA, then 4d530017, then 62D648EBF155, and finally files.  You should see this:

Splinter Cell: Double click UDATA, then 21585554, then 000000000000, and finally files.  You should see this:
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/JonoB/Xbox-Scene/image006.jpg)

3.  Leave that window open, you’ll need it soon.  Extract the self-extracting exe that you got from SlaYer’s, and then open Craxtion, a very fine program by a few members at xbox-scene.  Click on “Extract an ISO,” find the SlaYer’s  ISO and extract it wherever you’d like.

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/JonoB/Xbox-Scene/image016.jpg)

4.   It seems ridiculous, but all you need out of this gigantic ISO is the file update.xbe.  Open the directory where you extracted the Slayer’s ISO, and navigate through the following:

System>>>ALL>>>c>>>xodash.  Then you’ll see this, including update.xbe.

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/JonoB/Xbox-Scene/image017.jpg)

5.  Copy the update.xbe  anywhere.  Once that’s done, right-click on it, go to Winzip> Add To Zip

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/JonoB/Xbox-Scene/image023.jpg)

6. You’ll then end up with update.zip, which is not what we want.  Click in the line reading “update.zip” and rename it to “update.xbe.zip” without the quotes. Click Add.

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/JonoB/Xbox-Scene/image025.jpg)

7.  Now, copy that new zip file into the window we left open in step 3.  Should look like this:

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/JonoB/Xbox-Scene/image026.jpg)

8.  Now, go up a few folders, right click on the “UDATA” folder and do the “Winzip>Add To Zip” make a zip like before, and you’re done!  Now it’s time to send it to the memory card…

(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/JonoB/Xbox-Scene/image028.jpg)

This post has been edited by ipodder2003: Aug 28 2004, 05:29 PM

adil786

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 07:35:00 AM »

whoa, you made a noob-proof installer more noob-proof, if any1 asks how to use ldots mem card installer now again i will persoannly slap them,

nice tut,

regards

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 07:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (adil786 @ Jul 25 2004, 03:02 PM)
whoa, you made a noob-proof installer more noob-proof, if any1 asks how to use ldots mem card installer now again i will persoannly slap them,

nice tut,

regards

What if I don't have action replay ? I can't find it in my region.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 07:43:00 AM »

lol I never saw one here too. anyway sure there are other ways to get saves on the hd. Maybe we should get a tut with only all the ways to get saves on the hd.

kid a

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »

wow, this is a great guide! I was wondering what would need to be done to do this with mechassault(or splinter cell) instead of 007? I've tried to find an original 007 but I've only come across the platinum version and fubared non-plat versions at used game stores. I do have original first print copies of mech assault and splinter cell though. would I do the same thing except instead of using 'ltools_007_v1.6.1.zip' I look for "ltools_mechassault/splintercell_v1.6.1.zip"?

also, I've read that memory card that comes with the action replay is crap, does that apply only to specific versions or is that true at all? thanks for the guide.

adil786

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (krayzie @ Jul 25 2004, 03:10 PM)
lol I never saw one here too. anyway sure there are other ways to get saves on the hd. Maybe we should get a tut with only all the ways to get saves on the hd.

what a tut for like under 2 year old or summat?

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »

If you guys want a tut about all the ways to get a save on the hard drive, that can probably be arranged.  Let's see, there's the one I did, a friend's modded xbox, hotswapping... uhh can anyone else think of any more?

Glad you like my tut, there should be more in the future along the same lines.

kid a

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2004, 04:10:00 PM »

hmm, I just made an xbox--->usb cable, installed drivers, installed action replay software and everything seems to be working great.

I also found the ltools mech assault save on xbins and I'm pretty much ready to start modding. can anyone confirm or deny whether substituting the ltools 007 save with the ltools mech assault save(and using mechassault to boot the save) and following the guide will work the same, or is there a different procedure? thanks for the guide and for your help.

adil786

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2004, 04:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (kid a @ Jul 25 2004, 11:37 PM)
hmm, I just made an xbox--->usb cable, installed drivers, installed action replay software and everything seems to be working great.

I also found the ltools mech assault save on xbins and I'm pretty much ready to start modding. can anyone confirm or deny whether substituting the ltools 007 save with the ltools mech assault save(and using mechassault to boot the save) and following the guide will work the same, or is there a different procedure? thanks for the guide and for your help.

exact same procedure.

dapht_punk

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »

I do belive they are the same just with a different game (there is a Splinter Cell save there as well).

& as for how to get the save on to your box, I used a hacked version of mega X key. It worked fine.

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »

It will work fine, it's just the folders are named differently except for "files."  If you've made the cable and all that other stuff, you'll be fine!

kid a

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2004, 06:13:00 PM »

ok, everything's going great on my mechassault install and I'm at the last step(choosing preferences) but I'm not sure what I should choose. I don't really know the significance of some of the options(pbl, primary/secondary dash?) so what do you guys recommend? personally I want to run emulators, xbox media center, and legal backups. what should I choose? thanks.

ipodder2003

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (kid a @ Jul 25 2004, 06:40 PM)
ok, everything's going great on my mechassault install and I'm at the last step(choosing preferences) but I'm not sure what I should choose. I don't really know the significance of some of the options(pbl, primary/secondary dash?) so what do you guys recommend? personally I want to run emulators, xbox media center, and legal backups. what should I choose? thanks.

I chose PBL Lite, I'm a fan of it, and I used Evox as default.  I do all that stuff you want to do with no problems that way biggrin.gif

Glad my tut helped you!

kid a

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

thanks. I just finished installing everything through the mechassault route and everything seems to work great! you might want to add a bit to the end of your guide though. when I set my preferences and initialized the install, the screen became black and garbled(no readable text), led flashed oranged, and a minute or so later led flashed green. I just about pissed my pants, but I looked up another guide that said this was all normal(aside from the garbled text, didn't see any mention of this). apparently the orange LED means the app is installing(?) and the flashing green means it is done. thanks again, I'm still amazed that this was possible.

This post has been edited by kid a: Jul 26 2004, 02:36 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17