xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Font Exploit Error 21  (Read 144 times)

sephiro499

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« on: July 24, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »

Can anyone help me?

Blank

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »

Error 21 means your files are corrupt, missing, and/or unsigned. Did you make sure to sign the *.xbe that you were planning on running?

RiceCake

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »

I told ya on IRC...

Hotswap and use Xboxhdm.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (sephiro499 @ Jul 25 2004, 06:13 AM)
Did you even read my post?  I said that in the tutorial there is NO MENTION of 'signing' files.  I just want to know of a way to gain access to my xbox HD.

whatever exploit you did, it is AFTER the HD is unlocked. So you can use the same method to unlock and hotswap as if it is not modded. Just saying you have read the tutorials is not enough as there are lots of tutorials.

So why not spend a little time and effort and describe as detail as possible what you have done, including your kernel version etc.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 11:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (sephiro499 @ Jul 25 2004, 07:32 AM)
I followed this tutorial

http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=45&t=73720

I'm not sure what kernel version i'm using because i can't get into the ms dash (my understand is that is where the info is located).

One thing though is that I did not have a 'fonts' directory.  I believe I just had system.  I also noticed that the files that were listed where there so I didn't think anything of it.  

I downloaded the bert and ernie reloaded files and put them onto the HD.

I downloaded the default.xbe (Free-XEvox) from the xbins ftp site.  I think I remember when I copied of the default.xbe file, it was renamed to default.ibe since that filename allready exsisted.  I deleted the default.xbe that was on the HD and renamed the file I sent over.  I didn't rename a folder for the skins  but I'm thinking that is where I may have screwed up.

That is a very old tutorial and I doubt anyone here still have knowledge about that font. Try the UDE. Of course, first thing first, hotswap and restore the HD so you can get the dash again.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 11:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (sephiro499 @ Jul 25 2004, 07:39 AM)
Thanks for the help chimp.  I can't seem to get the hdd driver to even recognize my hd.  It has been recomended that I follow this http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=244043 to have my hd restored since the hdd driver is so tempermental.  

I did remember though that the only way my xbox hd would unlock was to unplug the power to the dvd drive.  I thought that was a little odd since most of the posts just said to leave you xbox on for 10 minutes or so.  I have tried booting my xbox with a game and waiting 10 mintues or so, booting the xbox without the dvd power cable,  and booting the xbox with everything connected and hot swapping at the error message screen by hdd driver is telling me it can't find my drive (which leads me to believe it is locked).  

I'm just try the whole linux thing and see if that will allow me to restore my drive.  I don't know what else to do at this point.

how did you get access to the HD to exploit in the first place ?

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 11:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (sephiro499 @ Jul 25 2004, 07:44 AM)
I unplugged the power to the dvd drive, booted my xbox, and waiting about 10 seconds and the connected the xbox's hd to my pc's secondary channel ide cable.

so you mean this method failed now ? That is strange.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2004, 11:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (sephiro499 @ Jul 25 2004, 07:49 AM)
Well it has now since I'm getting the error 21 screen.   I'm wondering if I should even TRY to use the Xbox HDDmaker program or just buy a modchip.  I mean since it appears I can't even get the xbox hd unlocked, any program would be useless since it can't access it.

error 21 won't affect the unlock procedure. You should be able to get the same unlocked HD. Whatever font hack you put on it is after the HD is unlocked.

sephiro499

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2004, 11:52:00 PM »

So I'm guessing that since the error 21 doesn't hinder the unlocking process then my problem is the tempermental nature of the HDD driver?  

Since the process I used before to unlock my hd should work again.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2004, 11:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (sephiro499 @ Jul 25 2004, 07:55 AM)
So I'm guessing that since the error 21 doesn't hinder the unlocking process then my problem is the tempermental nature of the HDD driver?  

Since the process I used before to unlock my hd should work again.

yes, whatever procedure you used to gain access to the HD, do it again and revert the changes you did to make the box back to normal. Did you use HDD driver to access it when you did the mod ?

sephiro499

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2004, 12:34:00 AM »

sad.gif  all i get is error 21.  Before I could at least play games but I could not access the MS Dash.  Sigh what can I do now?

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2004, 12:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (sephiro499 @ Jul 25 2004, 08:37 AM)
I just plugged my xbox in and now it wont even play games  sad.gif  all i get is error 21.  Before I could at least play games but I could not access the MS Dash.  Sigh what can I do now?

Have you restored the HD ? You are making things harder than necessary.

My guess is you have trashed xboxdash.xbe for whatever reason but since your clock still runs, you can play games. Now your clock is reset(for whatever reason), the BIOS must go to xboxdash.xbe so you can only see error 21.

Stop playing around, just restore the C:\ content.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2004, 12:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (sephiro499 @ Jul 25 2004, 08:55 AM)
I can't get the hdd driver program to recognize my xbox hd.  That is the problem I'm having.  I can't restore my HD to it's original state (since I backed it up) without the hdd driver program.

Well, you only hope left is linux then.

Ghengis

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »

Sephiro: I think if you poke around, you can find some descirption of what you need to do, but here's the short version.  YOu can ask on, say, #xbins-help if you can't figure out individual steps.

Get a tool to extract files from the image HDDdriver made of your hard drive.  You need your whole C: drive.

Get Xboxhdm and extract.

Put the crap from hdddriver in the "C" folder under the xboxhdm install, and make a CD image with the included instructions.  Burn.

Boot to xboxhdm, hot-swapping your hard drive at the boot prompt.

Run the "xbrowser" command, and restore your C drive from the contents of the cd.

If that doesn't get you up and running, I don't know what will.

HypnoticState

• Archived User
Font Exploit Error 21
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (sephiro499 @ Jul 25 2004, 07:32 AM)

I'm not sure what kernel version i'm using because i can't get into the ms dash

Err perhaps you should of researched this before trying any exploits (doh!)
Pages: [1] 2