xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Tutorials  (Read 641 times)

Angerwound

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« on: July 14, 2004, 06:50:00 PM »

The many tutorials within the tutorial thread(pinned section) are severely outdated due to all the new findings. If anyone would like to write up some thorough tutorials for all our new work, they would have my and everyone elses eternal thanks. I will write up a few when time allows. BTW, screen captures are great if possible.

Needed:

UDE - Would need to be very thorough. Instructions for all types of fonts (traystate or not) and for each kernel. Explain dif ways of install( XBOXHDM, FTP, Hotswap) Explain dif. update.xbe's. Acquiring Files. Editing boot .xbe of fonts. Editing MS Dash to launch fonts from seperate folder. ETC... Now needs to include UDE2 instructions for 5713 Users. Maybe a little history on 5713's limits in the past and what's been done to circumvent this. Everything from patching their update.xbe to the required to setting up PBL Me2.

FBL Setup - Obvious

NKPatcher - Explanation and Install Instructions.

XBOXHDM - Done: Thanks to KingRoach!

Creating a BFM Bios - Obvious

I am sure there are more than this that didn't cross my mind. Feel free to mention them. Obviously make these n00bie friendly. Assume the reader knows nothing about the XBOX or Exploits.

Thanks to all that help.

Angerwound

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 07:13:00 PM »

A very experienced softmodder I think would need to write the UDE tutorial. The ideal tutorial in my eyes would cover all bases. Unless you can cover all of this:
Would need to be very thorough. Instructions for all types of fonts (traystate or not) and for each kernel. Explain dif ways of install( XBOXHDM, FTP, Hotswap) Explain dif. update.xbe's. Acquiring Files. Editing boot .xbe of fonts. Editing MS Dash to launch fonts from seperate folder. ETC...

I wouldn't advise it. We have seen a basic tutorial I believe already. (Somewhere around here). I'm looking for the EXTREME blink.gif  tutorial, i guess. beerchug.gif

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

i can write a tutorial for bfming bioses, maybe some more stuff.... if it that's ok (you are asking for specific things)

Angerwound

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 08:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (Chicken Scratch Boy @ Jul 14 2004, 11:29 PM)
i can write a tutorial for bfming bioses, maybe some more stuff.... if it that's ok (you are asking for specific things)

I thought about throwing that one in as well. But wasn't sure if anyone would want it since there are BFM's for almost every bios. Well except for Evox m8( AT THE MOMENT  biggrin.gif ) . BTW, it's not specific just giving some ideas.

kingroach

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 08:30:00 PM »

I could write the xboxhdm tutorial how to resote C:\ drive scince I have this tut half written with pictures.

user posted image

chimpanzee

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (Angerwound @ Jul 15 2004, 04:13 AM)
A very experienced softmodder I think would need to write the UDE tutorial. The ideal tutorial in my eyes would cover all bases. Unless you can cover all of this:
I wouldn't advise it. We have seen a basic tutorial I believe already. (Somewhere around here). I'm looking for the EXTREME blink.gif  tutorial, i guess. beerchug.gif

That would be a bit difficult as different person use different method and it is unlikely for someone to do it in N different ways and examine them thoroughly. How about having different people writing seperate turtorials using different tools (ftp, ldots' tools, hotswap) ?

Angerwound

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (kingroach @ Jul 15 2004, 12:30 AM)
I could write the xboxhdm tutorial how to resote C:\ drive scince I have this tut half written with pictures.

Looks Great!

kingroach

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 08:43:00 PM »

Looks Great!

so I will write the half and submit tommo.?

Angerwound

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

sure

forgreatjustice

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »

ill write the UDE tutorial
i can cover everything listed here
Would need to be very thorough. Instructions for all types of fonts (traystate or not) and for each kernel. Explain dif ways of install( XBOXHDM, FTP, Hotswap) Explain dif. update.xbe's. Acquiring Files. Editing boot .xbe of fonts. Editing MS Dash to launch fonts from seperate folder. ETC...

the only think i can't do is pictures
i can do ftp picture but no screen captures

u ok with me doing it Angerwound?

edit

im using the above quote as a check list for what has to be included
is there anything else u want me to add?

krayzie

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »

Well I'll see if I can come up with something usefull. The only problem is that everything is moving so fast lately that even I hardly can keep up. The tutorial would be outdated a few days later biggrin.gif . Just need to pick a topic first.

Angerwound

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 10:59:00 PM »

Go for it, forgreatjustice.... It's a big topic to cover, but if you think you can handle it. Don't worry about pictures. They aren't necessary for a good tutorial. At the moment I can't recall anything, if I think of something I will let you know.

mkjones

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 02:27:00 AM »

I would love to help smile.gif if I ever get time...

I still dont have UDE installed (still using mechfonts!) but as soon as I do, I will probably be updating my tutorials/packages anyhow and probably disbanding the BOBW package as its no longer needed...

The BFM tutorial would be GREAT would even help me out sometimes!

And the PBL one, if it detailed how to set up the boot file with the correct keys etc wink.gif

Cant wait to read em!

Angerwound

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (mkjones @ Jul 15 2004, 06:27 AM)

Cant wait to read em!

Same Here.

krayzie

• Archived User
New Tutorials
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

is a nkpatcher tut even relevant since the pbl metoo with evox m8 is nearby?
Pages: [1] 2