xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Phoenix Bios Loader - The Metoo Edition  (Read 1666 times)

devz3ro

• Archived User
Phoenix Bios Loader - The Metoo Edition
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2004, 10:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (chimpanzee @ Jul 12 2004, 06:28 AM)
change the kernel to not allowing previous dashboard programs to run, that I call extreme.

So, I am not sure if I want to see the new exploits(if there is any), to be gone public that soon. Let MS populate the market with some more Xbox they think to be safe, that is what I meant.

Are they any new Xbox on the horizon ? I don't mean Xbox 2 but just refined current version.

I wouldn't go as far as extreme. It's a patch, nothing more, nothing less, something that they actually do regularly. It's obvious we are dealing with M$ here, nothing they put out is above the alpha stage imo. A vast majority (if not every single one cool.gif) of their products require many updates within the first 6 months of it going gold. It's sad because it is a closed-source organization. As for a bootstrap, I wouldn't call it impossible, yes it is hard but we have a few working on it as we speak. I was given a chance to view their progress, and if I could give them more than two thumbs up I would. How about two thumbs and a big toe? laugh.gif anyways, look forward to this in the near future, hopefully we can get something brewing smile.gif

-devz3ro

http://sh0x.tk/

devz3ro

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2004, 11:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (ripcurl @ Jul 12 2004, 07:46 AM)
is there any xbox with a 5713 that is a 1.6?  i hope not, i dont wanna open this thing to find out i cant flash the tsop...damn dash downgrade prevention!!

mfg date 2004-03-03
k 5713

That is a 1.4, to my knowledge K:5101 & K:5713 are 1.4s and the rare K:5530 is classified as a 1.5. As for 1.6, they only come as K:5838 (because of the new video support). rmenhal pointed out before that as early as K:5530 there was signs of M$ implementing xcalibur support.

-devz3ro

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2004, 01:13:00 AM »

Regaring finding a higer Kernal update.xbe or similer file to exploit.

Has anyone thoght of looking on one of the Live! Kit DVDs??

I mean, these DVDs MUST be designed to work on ANY xbox in order to update the system state etc...

Maybe they have an exploitable file that can run on any Kernal?

Just an idea, it may not work with newer xboxs as they wouldnt need to be upgraded therefore the file wouldnt need to be able to run if you see what I mean...

adil786

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2004, 01:21:00 AM »

this is amazing rmenhal, so many replys in a day!!!!!

you keep on rollin gout the g00ds!

devz3ro

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2004, 02:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (mkjones @ Jul 12 2004, 10:13 AM)
Regaring finding a higer Kernal update.xbe or similer file to exploit.

Has anyone thoght of looking on one of the Live! Kit DVDs??

I mean, these DVDs MUST be designed to work on ANY xbox in order to update the system state etc...

Maybe they have an exploitable file that can run on any Kernal?

Just an idea, it may not work with newer xboxs as they wouldnt need to be upgraded therefore the file wouldnt need to be able to run if you see what I mean...

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2004, 02:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (devz3ro @ Jul 12 2004, 11:08 AM)
PedrosPad's answer

-devz3ro

Hmm, funny as you can see, I replied soon after that smile.gif

It still made me "hope" that maybe the latest live! DVDs would have something, or maybe could be hacked..

Hope eh, its worse than Assumption..  biggrin.gif

mcjules

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »

I've only got a 5101 kernel but I thought it was worth letting everyone know that Metoo works fine with this kernel.

Excellent work rmenhal!

devz3ro

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2004, 02:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (mkjones @ Jul 12 2004, 11:20 AM)
Hmm, funny as you can see, I replied soon after that smile.gif

It still made me "hope" that maybe the latest live! DVDs would have something, or maybe could be hacked..

Hope eh, its worse than Assumption..  biggrin.gif

It's the "XBE_MEDIA_XBOX_DVD" that is the problem. Files (new or not) that contain this do us no good as a 5713+ bootstrap as they will only boot from a *xbox* dvd. Hacking the file, touching a single bit will smash the signature, giving us a non-working file. Any *.xbe files from a xbox dvd will have this "XBE_MEDIA_XBOX_DVD" attribute.

-devz3ro

Tomilius

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2004, 08:35:00 AM »

Take out the HalWriteSMBusValue after IoOutputByte, yep. Or make it Focus-only.

Or try moving it to the "very beginning" of code? That is, right after the configuration is parsed, as long as much doesn't happen before the configuration parsing.

P.S. What did I tell you? Interesting developments around July 4th. Was I right or what? ... It's only over a week from Independence Day.

Flame2k

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »

gr8 work, looks like more or less everything has been accomplished lol (until (if there is such a thing) xbox 1.7 arrives lol)

i guess, all thats left is to get some dashboard exploits working on these higher kernels. which would be something really special.

There must be a way!

adil786

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »

P.S. What did I tell you? Interesting developments around July 4th. Was I right or what? ... It's only over a week from Independence Day.

oh nooo hes pshycis! cant even spell it...

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

back on topic:

i cant wait till the source is realeased the devs unite  beerchug.gif

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »

Excellent work! Really, really good rmenhal. You're slowly getting rid of all the "impossibilities" of Xbox exploiting. Amazing.

Right, can I suggest this numbering scheme. We need names for all these things.

Bios loaders:
"PBL" renamed to "PBL1" to avoid confusion. All versions of PBL based on PBL1 would be called this. Hence FBL would be called FBL1 etc
"PBL - Metoo Edition" renamed "PBL2" - each new version the number scheme upped by one (eg. next version being PBL 2.0.1). All variations should follow this number scheme - this way, things won't get as confusing.
NKPatcher - each version upped by one. Currently NKPatcher6 I expect things won't get much further considering PBL - Metoo Edition is out.

Original Font Exploit (known simply as the "Font Exploit") :
Bert is cheating on Ernie (Original fonts - only worked on v1.0 Xboxes)
Bert and Ernie (First "stable" fonts)
Bert and Ernie Reloaded (Supposed to eliminate clock loop)
MechFonts (Hacked Xbox Linux Assault Fonts - LOTS of versions of these but all based on the same idea)

Double dash fonts:
?

UDE fonts (known as "Ultimate Dashboard Exploit" or "UDE" for short despite it being a font exploit):
"UDE v1 to v7" to refer to each version. You can find them here.

I also suggest that someone makes a post linking to all the important threads. This will save on stickies...

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »

sad.gif

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2004, 04:22:00 PM »

I'm just suggesting it's gonna get complicated with:
PBL (can't remember what the other version is)
PBL 1.3.5i
PBL 1.4
FBL
PBL Lite
PBL Metoo

And people are gonna get confused - particularly people who are gonna need help and won't understand what to use.

So I thought that calling PBL Metoo/PBLM/PBLM2 (and other things based around it) PBL2 would simplify it. Hell, you could rename is to the recursive "PBL Bios Loader" or something to get around the whole Phoenix aspect. Meh, whatever.

I'll go hide back into my metaphorical cave.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11