xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Phoenix Bios Loader - The Metoo Edition  (Read 1664 times)

coltxL2717

• Archived User
Phoenix Bios Loader - The Metoo Edition
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Siku

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »

ohmy.gif  Someone pinch me lol. I'm very happy to be the first to say... IT WORKED! on my 5530 kernel biggrin.gif

Wow, I'm sorta speechless right now..... I dunno what i'd do without you around rmenhal. I can't thank you enough, first nkpatcher now this. You made this 5530 kernel's owner very pleased  wink.gif . Thanks Again!

If you maybe want to see the pbldebug.log just let me know. BTW, i used X2 4983 BFM.  wink.gif

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

what can this do that nkpatcher can't ? For 5713+ retail kernel, the ROE issue is still here right ?

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2004, 08:02:00 PM »

PBL bls NKpatcher patches

holy crap, what a freaking concept

and no, it depends on bios

and yes, it depends on bios

[]V[]nm6687

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »

you know what would be absolutely amazing? integrating ftp support into pbl because sometimes my dash/bios is messed up or something then i have to load up 007 (or use my doubledash fonts) to recover.  just a thought, but that really has nothing to do with anything right now.

Australian Rat

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2004, 08:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (chimpanzee @ Jul 12 2004, 11:55 AM)
what can this do that nkpatcher can't ? For 5713+ retail kernel, the ROE issue is still here right ?

If your launching from a gamesave, yeah ROE will always be there.  However, PBL - ME (Metoo Edition tongue.gif) has the ability to load any new bios (for newer kernals only evox m8 is available... for now) so the features of the bios are there.

NKpatcher was just a temporary solution to the problem, it was even said that it had nowhere near the number of features as the latest Bioses.  PBL - ME, allows version 1.6 boxes all the advantages of the new bios, except ROE of course...

anjilslaire

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »

QUOTE ([]V[]nm6687 @ Jul 11 2004, 10:20 PM)
you know what would be absolutely amazing? integrating ftp support into pbl because sometimes my dash/bios is messed up or something then i have to load up 007 (or use my doubledash fonts) to recover.  just a thought, but that really has nothing to do with anything right now.

That's the beauty of the dual-habibi. In ldot's package, boot tray-open, goes straight to the gamesave hack (no pbl, mxm for ftp access, + extras)
Boot tray closed, =pbl

Very convenient for testing all these yummy new pbl revisions tongue.gif

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2004, 08:26:00 PM »

yes, but we can only dream....

of FBL

Tomilius

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (anjilslaire @ Jul 12 2004, 05:15 AM)
Is this habibi signed? Wish I had a newer box to try it on...

If you see a bunch of zeroes in the header area when you hex edit, it's not. Otherwise, it is signed with something, most-likely habibi.

devz3ro

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2004, 08:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (Australian Rat @ Jul 12 2004, 05:22 AM)
If your launching from a gamesave, yeah ROE will always be there.  However, PBL - ME (Metoo Edition tongue.gif) has the ability to load any new bios (for newer kernals only evox m8 is available... for now) so the features of the bios are there.

NKpatcher was just a temporary solution to the problem, it was even said that it had nowhere near the number of features as the latest Bioses.  PBL - ME, allows version 1.6 boxes all the advantages of the new bios, except ROE of course...

Actually rmenhal did go a step further than he originally planned. His latest nkpatcher (6) has most if not all of the M7 bios patches added to it. This was made to work on all kernels including 5530, 5713, and 5838. I'm guessing that his latest nkpatcher and this PBL 5530+ edition w/evox m8 bfm will have similar if not identical effects on the xbox. I was hoping for 2 things to happen in the near future (which would make this new PBL better than the nkpatcher):

1. A bootstrap found for K:5713+ users (My money is on PedrosPad wink.gif)
2. Team Xecuter to release a 1.6 compatible bios

I could be wrong.

-devz3ro

http://sh0x.tk/

Australian Rat

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (devz3ro @ Jul 12 2004, 12:41 PM)
Actually rmenhal did go a step further than he originally planned. His latest nkpatcher (6) has most if not all of the M7 bios patches added to it. This was made to work on all kernels including 5530, 5713, and 5838. I'm guessing that his latest nkpatcher and this PBL 5530+ edition w/evox m8 bfm will have similar if not identical effects on the xbox.

I could be wrong.

-devz3ro

http://sh0x.tk/

No you're not.  After I posted that I remembered he did integrate most of M7 into NKpatcher.  Still, NKpatcher isn't completely customisable, when someone figures out how to convert and edit the M8 bios to whatever they want, then NKpatcher will quickly be surpassed.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2004, 09:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (devz3ro @ Jul 12 2004, 05:41 AM)
1. A bootstrap found for K:5713+ users (My money is on PedrosPad wink.gif)

I have a mixed thought about this, seeing what the extreme MS has gone :-)

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2004, 09:14:00 PM »

? explain extreme?

if anyone does it, it'll be one of those cool guys, that have been around for a while (pedro, angerwood, rehmal(dunno if the later two hasve developed or worked on developing exploits, but meh))

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2004, 09:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (Chicken Scratch Boy @ Jul 12 2004, 06:14 AM)
? explain extreme?

if anyone does it, it'll be one of those cool guys, that have been around for a while (pedro, angerwood, rehmal(dunno if the later two hasve developed or worked on developing exploits, but meh))

change the kernel to not allowing previous dashboard programs to run, that I call extreme.

So, I am not sure if I want to see the new exploits(if there is any), to be gone public that soon. Let MS populate the market with some more Xbox they think to be safe, that is what I meant.

Are they any new Xbox on the horizon ? I don't mean Xbox 2 but just refined current version.

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2004, 10:11:00 PM »

maybe it's high kernal only...?

worked for that other guy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11