xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Pbl Should Be Fixed  (Read 575 times)

Dan Wysocki

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2004, 05:41:00 AM »

I just used it and got error 21, but my god what a fast error 21 it was... biggrin.gif

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2004, 06:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (Dan Wysocki @ Jun 27 2004, 02:41 PM)
I just used it and got error 21, but my god what a fast error 21 it was... biggrin.gif

lol. Try again.

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2004, 06:42:00 AM »

OK- I'm sure now that I've removed everything to do with graphics from my version (at least, pretty sure.) So it can't be the presence of something that's making the screen corrupt - it has to be the absence of something. laugh.gif Working on it...

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2004, 06:48:00 AM »

I had a lot of other information here but decided I'd just release it later in one big chunk... probably...

xboxjpeg in fact does NOT compile with Makefile.unix (for me.) I don't know why I thought it did. I'll release everything later... I guess.

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2004, 07:38:00 AM »

neato! must d/l this!

anyway, i beleive that the problem may indeed be that nothing can be displayed
notice that most dashes have a loading screen while you boot xbes i belive inorder to fix this, pbl will need one... but this may not be possible, since it is the bios that is launching the xbe.
but i thing that if you throw a jpeg up at the beginning of the xbe, and take it down on the last line, it make work.... but wtf do i know?

never used threading before smile.gif

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2004, 10:22:00 AM »

No framebuffer, nope. Nothing related to graphics. Why haven't I gotten e-mail notification of these new replies? Oh well.

Right now I'm working on making a version of PBL that lets you set everything in the boot.cfg. So if you are tired of the corruption, you can use the loading screen. If the loading screen is incompatible for some reason (I think that's what makes s-video not work? I don't know, really, wish someone with s-video would try this and see if it works) then you can tell it to not use the loading screen. And if there's an error, you can have it load another XBE.

So right now I'm trying to figure out how you load an XBE with free-xdk or OpenXDK. Anyone know? lol

RiceCake

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »

13 seconds to boot?

I'm using phoenix 1.3 - and it boots in under 4 seconds.

Whatever, lol...

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (Tomilius @ Jun 27 2004, 07:01 AM)
I actually was able to successfully compile PBL!
<snip />

Thanks for everyone's help, by the way! Don't mean to "play favorites," lol, but especially PedrosPad who gave me the link to free-xdk which helped solve a ton of my problems - and without that help I never could have compiled PBL.

Congratulations m8 biggrin.gif.  Your perseverance won through.

Raebis

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »

Ok, I will test this pbl on my Focus encoder and SVIDEO connection.. brb with results....

UPDATE:
So I got pbl 1.4.1 with focus support (yoshihiro sent it to me a while ago) and replaced the default.xbe with yours.

With the original PBL 1.4.1 from yoshi my xbox would just stop when loading pbl and not go any further.

Now, I am happy to report, with your pbl, SVIDEO looks exactly the same as a standard AV cable! Load time between video cables is the same, both have ugly garbledass screens for about a half a second, but both load the bios and whatnot.

Also, I would check source for some other homebrew games and see how they initialize the video and framebuffer, just an idea.

I attempted to do this to PBL, and then I decided to start from scratch, and re-write a bios loader using some of pbl source etc etc...  i'll post more on this later... tomilius, if u want to bounce ideas about pbl etc, send me a PM.

Dolfhin

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »

biggrin.gif
Keep up the good work I'm looking forward to the ''Extended boot.cfg'' version   biggrin.gif

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2004, 01:13:00 PM »

OK. I just don't get it... every time I compile PBL stops working, but then I can do something tricky to make it work until the next compile. But other PBLs work... so I'm just going to see if there's anything I can fix.

Ah! Good to get a glue. It doesn't stop at attempting to load the BIOS. The kernel crashes at:

Calculating 2bl entry point

So I'll try to solve that. It does it randomly you could say. :-/ As in not for everyone..

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »

bad rc4 or epprom keys being inputted to teh code i think?

violent_bong

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »

Are you saying the current version will randomly crash the kernel? or the one you are currently working on? BTW: awsome job, 'll try it with my advanced AV kit which never worked with pbl 1.4.1 before...

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

boot.cfg contains a blank RC4Key, EEPROMKey1_0, and EEPROMKey1_1. Should it matter? I tried one of the configs with actual keys and it didn't help either...

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »

wtf?

word try reverting your source to last good compile, and reapply changes, you may have just fubared one of the threads that calculates the 2bl entry points of your rom....

OR!

you dont have a BFM bios in there?

beyond that, it's anyone's guess
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13