xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Pbl Should Be Fixed  (Read 574 times)

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (Tomilius @ Jun 26 2004, 09:59 PM)
PBL isn't a bios. It's in the wrong category, I know.

Anyway, I've been downloading each file in each folder of that free-xdk one by one. I'm sure there's a better way... but it would take longer to find that way than to do it this way.  biggrin.gif

free-xdk = 3,137 files, in 369 folders, totalling 17,445,311 bytes.

I'd use a CVS client biggrin.gif.

Sorry, the front door to the free-xdk project is http://sourceforge.n...ojects/free-xdk

I downloaded a Win32 CVS client from here http://sourceforge.n...d=1#howtoaccess (I used WinCvs)

Followed the instructions here, http://sourceforge.n...?group_id=99706, for Anonymous CVS Access, and it took about 8 mins to download all of it.

Good luck on your project, by the way. biggrin.gif

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »

excellent idea

edit: also adding a config option and and switch for the bootusbstart() or which ever whould add stabilty even more so

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

DAMN IT! Nobody knows how painful it is for Windows to throw an error EVERY TIME I try to move a folder! It ends up being successful except the folder stays in the previous location, empty, and Access Denied at deleting it. Gotta love that stuff. ... actually, you all probably would know how painful that is. Hehe. Now ends this off-topic post.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (Tomilius @ Jun 26 2004, 10:52 PM)
Thanks PedrosPad! Your method was much quicker wink.gif However, I never did find out how to download the entire project "at once."

"./" as the module name. wink.gif

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (Tomilius @ Jun 26 2004, 11:09 PM)
I need Linux, but I hate Linux.

hehe - me too.  But remember you can put Linux in your XBOX (and along side games, etc.) - so you don't need to multi-boot your Windows PC.

(I believe it was originally developed on an XBOX using Xebian)

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

if you can get this to compile, i can lend my skills (or lack there-of) and opinnion (like i havent already) to get this project moving, if you so desire.....

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

smile.gif

Woolmonkey

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »

I decided to try compiling Phoniex without the usb on linux the only errrors I have gotten so far are because I can't compile the xboxjpeg library.  It just won't compile on my setup.

Update:
I got the xboxjpeg library to compile but now I get errors in bitmapfont.c because of the jpeg libraries.

Update:
I found out I don't have the ntfile header for the xboxjpeg tools and I just stuck one in there guess it didn't work.

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »

coongrats beerchug.gif

see you are burning the midnight oil, well i hope we can get some correspondance tommarow, since i have some ideas smile.gif

mcjules

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2004, 11:08:00 PM »

Good work Tomilius.

Runs great here on my 5101. Yeah a screen glitch fix would be nice but the fact that it boots faster is much more important!

Just a quick question, is the xbe in there already habibi signed? I resigned it myself just incase but others might want to be saved the hassle.

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2004, 11:10:00 PM »

It's habibi-signed, yes. :-D

I'm not quite sure how to stop the screen glitches. I may work on it... or when I release the source code changes someone else could figure it out.

I'll probably release them soon... but I have to sleep now. So tired... been trying to compile all day.............

dabbage

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2004, 11:19:00 PM »

Tried it out, worked for me smile.gif

Some informal timing of cold boot to evox dash:
Original PBL 1.4.1: 15 seconds
Tomilus PBL 1.4.1: 13.5 seconds
Nkpatcher : 13 seconds

It feels like nkpatcher boots much faster because it leaves the ms xbox logo up and fade directly to the dash, rather than something happening intermediately.

This is for kernel 5101 and x2 v4981

thanks for sharing your work!

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »

Sure!  biggrin.gif

It works better for me than nkpatcher because it solves the ROE issue and has IGR. *cough* I'm still the only one to ever have ROE enabled with nkpatcher aren't I? Oh well.

Good night now. smile.gif I won't be up any later, so I'll respond... let's just say much later today to everyone else's feedback (if any.)

UGLYMONKEY

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2004, 11:30:00 PM »

Thanx Tomilius, worked fine for me with K:4034. When this is used with the UDE the boot times are amazing!!!!!!
It's a shame about the screen glitch but well done, and thanx for sharing your work.

gargy

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2004, 04:15:00 AM »

Works also fine with me (K:5101 and UDE), although I prefer the dos screen than the graphic corruption.

Keep up the good wotk tomilius.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13