xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Pbl Should Be Fixed  (Read 572 times)

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

CODE
   loc1 = MMIO_H_IN32(riva.PCRTC, 0, 0x800);

pcurrentvideomodedetails->m_dwFrameBufferStart = loc1;

EvoX no longer fades from the MS logo but from black like it should.

Anyway, I'm thinking that it would be nice to be able to COPY the framebuffer to a new location instead of just pointing it to the location of the MS framebuffer. That way, you can have it so you never clear the framebuffer the whole time, but right before it loads the BIOS, you copy the MS framebuffer to the new location and initialize it... could that work? Or something.

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2004, 01:25:00 PM »

laugh.gif

I still wish I knew how to *copy* the MS framebuffer, now that we know how to get the address. Sounds like something Ldots could do! biggrin.gif Because we know that the BIOS causes corruption in a certain area of memory but if you fb_clear the one PBL uses for the framebuffer there's no corruption... maybe there's a way to move the framebuffer a little further along in the memory or something? There's corruption with the one that has the output over the MS logo since I don't clear it...

Wow. This is a near-postless day for everybody but me sad.gif

I got what I think is a good FadeOut routine but it won't work because of the framebuffer, hmm. It stops at the part where the fade buffer is copied to the framebuffer. All of this was taken from load.c and put into one big function.

CODE
void FadeOut(PVOID Framebuffer)
{
   PUCHAR FadeBuf = 0;
   FadeBuf = (PVOID)MmAllocateContiguousMemoryEx(640*480*4, MIN_KERNEL, MAX_KERNEL, 0, PAGE_READWRITE);

int BufSize;
   BufSize = 640*480*4;
   int amount;
   amount = -2;
   memcpy(FadeBuf, Framebuffer, BufSize);
   printk("    TESTY!");
   int i;
   for (i=0;i>-128;i--)
   {
 //FadeStep(FadeBuf,640*480*4,-2);
 for (i=0;i  {
    if (*FadeBuf + amount < 0)
    {
   *FadeBuf = 0;
    }
    else if (*FadeBuf + amount > 255)
    {
   *FadeBuf = 255;
    }
    else
    {
   *FadeBuf += amount;
    }
    FadeBuf++;
 }
 memcpy(Framebuffer, FadeBuf, BufSize);
 printk("a");
   }
}

Unfortunately, I've yet to see an "a" outputted. And when I try passing the location retrieved with MMIO_H_IN32, I never see "TESTY!" Nothing seems to happen when using the location retrieved with MMIO_H_IN32 as the Framebuffer, but when using framebuffer itself, all I get is green CRAPUPTION that takes up about 9/10 of the TV vertically. Here's a picture:

user posted image

violent_bong

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2004, 01:47:00 AM »

dry.gif it would freze at the identification of my cable. It is probably something I messed up in the boot.cfg or something that was left out, P.S. I dont know anything about the boot.cfg file blink.gif

ldots

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2004, 02:13:00 AM »

laugh.gif

Just tried you beta 5 with the SaveFB option. Looks good - especially together with the HideText flag.
But the SaveFB option reguires you to do a full initialization of the VGA engine doesn't it? Making it incompatible with s-video. Not that it matters, you can still turn if off in boot.cfg.

Anyway, I think I will make a thread posting the barebones PBL-lite version. Still think we should make a Lite/Fat package, but it seems you are having fun experimenting with this version, so I might as well give this Lite version to the community.

I'd might do some more development on PBL soon, but right now I will concentrate on the next version of the UDE installer.

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2004, 08:20:00 AM »

Reuploaded

Try again. It's been recompiled with -O2 like the original instead of -O3.

http://members.lycos.../files/pbl/beta

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2004, 10:40:00 AM »

BETA 6

Beta 5 sure had a short lifespan, didn't it? This version is like Beta 5 only it solves a variety of problems from the previous version:
When a boolean configuration parameter defaults to 'true,' it's impossible to make it 'false' because the checker only checks for 'true.'

That's about all that's noticeable... MethodL false still crashes. Note that MethodL true only initializes the framebuffer and MethodL false tries to initialize VGA fully. MethodL false now works, but it crashes before the BIOS loads. You'll see a neat LED pattern telling you that you're stupid for using it.

Anyway, I hope xbedump worked. It launched for me, but it JUST COULD be because Dual-Habibi itself patches the public key (I kind of doubt it.) xbedump has said it failed ever since I changed the title from "Phoenix" to "PBL Reloaded."

violent_bong

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »

Damn your quick! I didn't even get to try your reupload of BETA 5, But I will try out BETA 6 and let you know my results. BTW: the first time  I test these it's always on the stock video cables, not my AV kit....
EDIT: after I made a new .cfg file BETA 6 booted perfectly, good work! there was the slightest screen corruption (some white blocks) as the bios loaded but still very good!

violent_bong

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2004, 03:02:00 PM »

biggrin.gif Good work Tomilius!

Tomilius

• Archived User
Pbl Should Be Fixed
« Reply #188 on: July 04, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »

Happy 4th of July to people who celebrate it! And as part of the celebration, there will be no PBL updates today from me. It's my day off and it should be one for all of you too... BETA 6 should do fine anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]