xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Clarification - Ude, Xbox Live  (Read 89 times)

Qube

• Archived User
Clarification - Ude, Xbox Live
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »

Hmmmm...

1. Create (or recover) Live account
2. Update to latest Dash/Live in the process
3. Install UDE
4. Boot from Original Game and access Live as usual

I'm seeing that the Live account information is stored on E:, so if I am to completely format C: before the process to install UDE, that would work out fine?

JBNinja99

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »

just had to clarify something. i just updated my dash to 5960 and installed UDE. i booted the box with mechassault in the tray and attempted to go on live. but when i got there i was asked to update. whenever i go to play live no must i first uninstall UDE and then update live with the game i want to play and after reinstall UDE?

JBNinja99

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »

so how can i play on live if i need to download the content?

EthanHunt_IMF

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »

OK, If we are using the latest dash, Live will not try to upgrade the dash, but that leaves me with one question... what file does Live check to see what version dash you have? I'm guessing it can't be xboxdash.xbe cause that will cause problems when our update.xbe is renamed xboxdash.xbe to boot UDE.

JBNinja99

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »

i tried running MA again. when i clicked on live, it said 'xbox live needs to update your system'. i don't think it's an update for MA in particular. anyways i unistalled UDE and ran the update. after it updated live worked fine. then i went to go reinstall UDE and in MA i got the 'cannot load run linux' error. so i deleted the MA saves from my box and reloaded the hack. got in and reinstalled UDE. when i tried to run live on MA i got the same error. something i'm doing wrong?

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »

In order for the hack to work, downloaded content cannot be present.
In order for the live to work, the downloaded content must be present otherwise it will ask you to update.

.....vicious cycle......

anjilslaire

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2004, 05:48:00 PM »

You'll just have to download the MA content everytime you play MA on live, then delete everytime you boot the savegame hack
Pages: 1 [2]