xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Reintroducing Kernel Patching - Nkpatcher  (Read 1365 times)

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Reintroducing Kernel Patching - Nkpatcher
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (The_Truth @ Jun 29 2004, 09:30 PM)
guys, nkpatcher could just make the easteregg exploit perfect!, run nkpatcher from easteregg exploit, (with hacked st.db if needed *im not sure*), then u run the gamesave exploit, and the only thing that's modified at all in the xbox is the easter egg executable! this would be the absolute safest way to softmod one yet,(if you dont mind alil bit of finger dancing  wink.gif )

Edit: Wouldn't this completely prevent the ROE for gamesave exploits? no fonts needed!!!!!

The easter egg exploit works on the lastest Dashboard, that's true, but it doesn't work on the latest Kernels (5713 & 5838) that prevent the execution of pre-live Dashboards (and the easter egg exploit uses a pre-live Dashboard!). sad.gif

If we're not talking about K:5713/5838 then there are already plenty of good exploits (the easter egg exploit can already launch PBL, etc).

E-Vix

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2004, 03:02:00 PM »

xbestr  db '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2;evoxdash.xbe',0

Change this to whatever file you want to load. I changed mine into '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1;apps\avalaunch\default.xbe' so it would automatically boot Avalaunch on my E drive.
Partition1 = E
Partition2 = C
Partition6 = F

Now download NASM at http://nasm.sourceforge.net. Put the three .asm files in the same directory as NASM, and from a dos box or linux shell enter the following command:

nasm -o nkpatcher.xbe nkpatcher.asm

Ignore the errors about some spaces that have been converted and there you have it. Your own custom nkpatcher file.
You may be wondering what the benefit is over hex-editing the precompiled nkpatcher.xbe. Well, if you recompile it, you can enter much longer paths.

Spectracide

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2004, 03:21:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (E-Vix @ Jun 30 2004, 12:02 AM)
Change this to whatever file you want to load. I changed mine into '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition1;apps\avalaunch\default.xbe' so it would automatically boot Avalaunch on my E drive.
Partition1 = E
Partition2 = C
Partition6 = F

is anyone happy to tell me how to boot an xbe of a dvd today? (I don't care if it's usefull or not). I just want the correct line to hex or edit in the asm. So far I've only come up with device\cdrom0;default.xbe but it doesn't work. I know it's just something simple but I just need to know.

*edit* nevermind got it to work allready

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2004, 03:27:00 AM »

Try this string Krayzie (case sensitive) :
xbestr      db '\Device\CdRom0;default.xbe',0

old engineer

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

smile.gif

Amazing that no one has made this into a mem card save package yet!!!!

TIA

E-Vix

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (old engineer @ Jul 1 2004, 11:01 PM)
Right, keep reading all this but am still confused...
I've got a K:5713 Xbox so I want to run say a 007 gamesave expliot >nkpatcher4>EvoX dash.
My question is what executes nkpatcher4? Does it need renaming?
I would like to install it to E: along with EvoX, I understand that I may need to hex edit nkpatcher4 to sort this, no worries.
Idots gave a guide for doing this several pages back but I'm still confused as to whats going on with the file names!!!!!!!
If I have a file called evoxdash.xbe in my game save, what should I call nkpatcher4.xbe?
...What executes it to work?
I guess I'm missing the obvious here smile.gif
Amazing that no one has made this into a mem card save package yet!!!!
TIA

Normally the 007 savegame patch loads the default.xbe in the same directory as where the savegame patch is located (E:/UDATA/4541000d/000000000000/)
So the easyest way to do it is to rename nkpatcher.xbe to default.xbe and place it in the 007 savegame folder.
Now the default nkpatcher loads c:\evoxdash.xbe. If you don't want to load c:\evoxdash.xbe you either have to hex edit your nkpatcher, or follow my instructions a few posts back on how to edit and recompile the source.

old engineer

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

smile.gif

rmenhal

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

Nkpatcher5 is now available. It includes support for all kernels and does more patching, so games that didn't work with previous versions may work now. Actually I'd like to know if there are games that don't work with nkpatcher5, but work with EvoX M7.

devz3ro

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2004, 09:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (rmenhal @ Jul 2 2004, 01:14 AM)
Nkpatcher5 is now available. It includes support for all kernels and does more patching, so games that didn't work with previous versions may work now. Actually I'd like to know if there are games that don't work with nkpatcher5, but work with EvoX M7.

Amazing

It's funny how you implement all these features and the file size gets... smaller!!. I would believe the other way around. I guess it could be code cleanup etc. but anyways, excellent job. I did get a chance to try topspin (which did not work with nkpatcher4) and it now loads flawlessly smile.gif. My only complaint is the "reboot endlessly if a non-m$ signed default.xbe resides in d:". As I stated before, this really is no big deal as you can just boot with the cd tray open, but would be nice if it didn't wink.gif. But then again, who is this more meant for? K:5530+ users who have to boot with the gamesave exploit? or us K:5101- users who can boot from the update.xbe?

-devz3ro

http://sh0x.tk/

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2004, 12:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (brianbtran @ Jul 2 2004, 08:18 AM)
i'm running kernel 5838.  game save exploit is the only way.  does that mean, i have to pop in the CD and click load everytime in order to boot to EVOX DASH?

That sucks.  what's the point of this nkpatcher then?  please let me know.  

Thanks so much!

So you can run apps from the HD without signing smile.gif games however will not work with the gamesave becuase of the eject problem sad.gif

Sorry, but im sure some day there will be an exploit for these new kernals..

Flame2k

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2004, 02:33:00 AM »

Amazing

It's funny how you implement all these features and the file size gets... smaller!!. I would believe the other way around. I guess it could be code cleanup etc. but anyways, excellent job. I did get a chance to try topspin (which did not work with nkpatcher4) and it now loads flawlessly . My only complaint is the "reboot endlessly if a non-m$ signed default.xbe resides in d:". As I stated before, this really is no big deal as you can just boot with the cd tray open, but would be nice if it didn't . But then again, who is this more meant for? K:5530+ users who have to boot with the gamesave exploit? or us K:5101- users who can boot from the update.xbe?

-devz3ro

Its best for users that can downgrade the dash but cant use pbl, such as 5530, pbl doesnt work on 5530 but u can still downgrade to 4920 as im sure u know. therefore its a great pbl alternative for us lot smile.gif

GJCD

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2004, 04:11:00 AM »

With this new nkpatcher5 all the games load fine.

Thank you rmenhal

Spectracide

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2004, 04:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (old engineer @ Jul 2 2004, 06:13 AM)

So I'm stumped, whats the trick to get this .xbe to execute??????

Run your MechAssault save with Evox.  When you get FTP working, connect to your XBox and install Evox to your C: drive with Evox being evoxdash.xbe.  That is what nkpatcher looks for.
Now take your Mechassault Save and open it on your computer.  Remove default.xbe (and any other evox files if you wish) and put in nkpatcher.xbe (renamed to default.xbe).  Now MechAssault with execute nkpatcher, and look for evoxdash.xbe on C: and run it.

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (brianbtran @ Jul 2 2004, 01:55 PM)
mkjones, one more quick question, what about running games stored on the hard drive.  would that be okay?

Thanks!

I suppose so smile.gif as long as your dash is set up right..

Remember however that not all games work with nkpatcher..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23