xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Hotswap Faq  (Read 642 times)

darkmac

• Archived User
Hotswap Faq
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »

Hi,

I broke my xbox by erasing the e partition, so it boots up to an error 21, it will still boot from a retail game, but no dashboard. I've been trying the hotswapping with no luck. I'm booting my pc and pausing it at bios and then waiting for the xbox to unlock the drive, and swapping it, but when I resume boot with xboxhd it just can't see the drive.

I must be doing something wrong or do I need a mod chip to fix my xbox?

Thanks
 sad.gif

STEVEHABS

• Archived User
Hotswap Faq
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

ok heres a really good question. i have a modded xbox  can i go into evox with ftp server enabled  connect to it from my pc via ftp software copy all the files from that hard drive onto my pc and then just fullow the regular xboxhdm instructions???

']['enacious

• Archived User
Hotswap Faq
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »

Thankyou, bloody great FAQ, just what I need after failing a softmod, +Karma! wink.gif

killer604

• Archived User
Hotswap Faq
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2007, 05:44:00 AM »

Ok so about a year ago i screwed up and accidentally deleted my dashboard. No i am wanting to fix it but not lose my softmoddeds. So if i revert my xbox's hd back to retail, how do i go about modding my xbox again via hotswapp?

knemonic

• Archived User
Hotswap Faq
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »

Another tip, i've kept a bunch of old computer parts since they look to be very useful, one of them is a old I think ps power supply which has an independent power switch, meaning the pc does not have to be turned on to use the power supply. I can plug the hdd into this supply and turn it on without any pc involved.

This would help you to skip the step where you have to pause your bios, since you dont need to turn your pc on to have the power running to the drive, since you would already have juice going to it from this external power suply.

If you get your hands on one of these, it could make hotswapping for someone that does it often a little easier.

Woo

omagnavox

• Archived User
Hotswap Faq
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2009, 05:08:00 PM »

Can i do a hotswap with just one IDE connector?  My mainboard, Asus P5kc has only one connection?

obcd

• Archived User
Hotswap Faq
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2009, 03:06:00 AM »

You could take a look at the ldotsfan xboxhdm2 package.
It is a modified xboxhdm version that boots from an usb stick.

regards.

modderintraining

• Archived User
Hotswap Faq
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2009, 06:30:00 AM »

hi im having truble hotswaping ive tryed every thing hdm dosnt find the drive and window xp will go to a blue screen wene i search for new devices and doesnt find it wene i pause the bios
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]