xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Memory-card, Linux-based Toolbox  (Read 458 times)

DonaldMCRonald87

• Archived User
Memory-card, Linux-based Toolbox
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2004, 09:32:00 AM »

IDots i need help i FTPd to my xbox and placed ur thing in there cuz i need to do restore C and i start up AUF and it starts linux and i see the penguin and whole bunch of text scrolls and then it stops and says "cant access tty : job control turned off"...what do i do i cant get FTP access to my xbox or anythign i really need help

DonaldMCRonald87

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »

ugh been sittin here for about 4 hours tryin to get my xbox working with the UDM the first one i got was stupid and didnt work at all this one seem slike it will work i just dont know whats wrong

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (old engineer @ Jun 11 2004, 06:39 PM)
Right now it works, and works lovely, just wondered if u could explain whats happening as you fire the Xbox up, I understand so much then my eyes glaze over lol.

The UDE exploit is different from other dashboard exploits in that is doesn't actually use the xboxdash.xbe to gain control over the xbox, and the MS dashboard is not nessecarely reached on boot like with the Mech fonts. The UDE exploit uses the update.xbe. So on boot update.xbe is loaded (since this is renamed to xboxdash.xbe). This looks for *.xtf fonts. Finds Bert-ate-Ernie. The exploit trickers -> patches the kernel in memory to use the habibi key and loads a habibi signed xbe.
This can be Evox or PBL depending on what you choose in the installer.
Loading Evox directly we still run the retail BIOS, only the key has been replaced with the habibi key. So if we wanted to run MS dash from Evox we would have to hexedit the MS dash to look for the original fonts and sign it with the habibi key. xbedump doesn't seem to want to sign the MS dash smile.gif so this is not possible in this setup.
If we run PBL from the UDE exploit we load a hacked bios that has the signature check disabled entirely. Therefore from PBL any unsigned xbe can be run. The replacement BIOS has a default dashboard it will load. In your case Evox. From Evox we can run the hexed MS dash since signature checks have been disabled.

Hope I answered some of your questions smile.gif

DonaldMCRonald87

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

idots do you have aim if so can you send an im to me my link is below ini my info stuff...i could use ur help it will only take a second

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »

dry.gif

DonaldMCRonald87

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »

msn? how do i change mycomps IP and subnet so that i can connect to my xbox i have the telnet thing open but i cant connect the command prompt thing says MS Telnet> is there any way i can connect using an FTP program?

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

tongue.gif,
but find your network device in the control panel. Right click on your network interface and enter the properties. Find the TCP/IP setting and change to :
IP : 192.168.0.1
Netmask : 255.255.255.0

Take note of what your settings are now if you want to revert them later (probably set on automatic/dhcp).

DonaldMCRonald87

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »

as to ur private message no i am not thats why this would have gone quicker on aim...i did what you said with the TCP/IP settings and it kicked me offline on aim and MSN and it still wouldnt let me connect what do i have to type once im at the point where instead of C:\> at command prompt it says MS Telnet>

DonaldMCRonald87

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »

when i change the ip and subnet mask and then type telnet 192.168.0.3 login : root pass : xbox i get something like this

telnet [-a][-e escape char][-f log file][-l user][-t term][host[port]]
-a attempt automatic logon. same as -l option except uses the currently logged on user's name
-e escape character to enter telnet client prompt
-f file name for client side logging
-l specifies the user name to log in with on the remote system. requires that the remote systeom support TELNET ENVIRON option.
-t specifies terminal type supported term types are vt100, vt52, ansi and vtnt only.
host specifies the hostname or ip address of the remote computer to connect to
port specifies a port number or service name.

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (DonaldMCRonald87 @ Jun 11 2004, 11:32 PM)
when i change the ip and subnet mask and then type telnet 192.168.0.3 login : root pass : xbox i get something like this

You dont punch it all in on one line do you?
First : telnet 192.168.0.3
Then the xbox should ask your for the login :
type root
etc.

DonaldMCRonald87

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

yeah all on one line i just tried telnet 192.168.0.3 and it said conecting to 192.168.0.3 could not open connection to the host, open port 23 Connect Failed...how do i open port 23?

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »

- Make sure you have the package (linux) running on the xbox.
- If you have a direct connection from the PC to the xbox, you must use a crossover cable.
- Make sure your PC network setting are as required.
- Make sure you have no firewall running on the PC.

DonaldMCRonald87

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2004, 02:43:00 PM »

i did all that but it still isnt working...is there any messenger at all u can get on linux so that this moves along a lil faster...i have another question i built a hd from scratch off of my soft modded one and locked it with the right HDD key and everything and i put it in and it gives me service error 07 do you know what i did wrong?

DonaldMCRonald87

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2004, 02:50:00 PM »

thats correct supposedly then u have to connect to ur xbox thru comp while its at that part

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (DonaldMCRonald87 @ Jun 11 2004, 11:43 PM)
i did all that but it still isnt working...

Well, it's your network that's not set up correct! Double check the settings. Need more info on how your PC-Xbox connection is set up (hardware-wise) if you need more help. Direct/switch/router?
From the DOS prompt can you 'ping' yourself ?
C:\> ping 192.168.0.1

With repect to your HD. More info needed. How did you build this HDD. Sure all cables are firmly attatched. IS the jumber set on 'cable select'

Now I have really got to get some sleep. I my part of the world it's very late, and I have a loooong day at work tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7