xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Soft-modding For Absolute Beginners  (Read 1022 times)

wez

• Archived User
Soft-modding For Absolute Beginners
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »

hi good tut i will follow just some questions after reading this whole thread.

1. If i screw up, or sometime want to go back to the absolute originals of my xbox, How can i do this? Do i need to save something on my xbox right now? I just want to make sure i dont screw up my xbox entirely and go back to the originals.

2.  By soft modding the xbox, I can play burnt games right? Or do i have to ftp the games to the xbox (i have the factory xbox hd, how many games can it hold?)

3.  What is the file that i need to download since i do not have access to a modded xbox?

4.  So i basically need to destroy a controler to make it fit in usb? Or buy that thing the guy had listed on ebay? I dont get this part?

Thank you for all the help.

This post has been edited by wez: Nov 15 2004, 12:26 AM

slikmik

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2004, 02:42:00 AM »

ALL GOES FINE TILL THIS PART

1.After it loaded I went to Start Game, selected the profile "LINUX" and chose "Check Points".
2.I was then presented with a replacement dashboard called Evolution-X (Evox).

I was then presented with a replacement dashboard called MXM MEDIA X MENU

ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED

[email protected]

Hagetaka

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

any tips for taking evolution X (soft mod) off of an xbox? i bought live, and want to play halo 2, but need to take off the mod first, thanks in advance

RFTC

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2004, 06:34:00 PM »

MFG date of 2004 - 07 - 06
K:1.00.5838.01
D:1.00.5659.03

It's a version 1.6 xbox.  Will this softmod work with this xbox?  Please let me know before i waste 200 bucks.

A big thank you to whoever helps me. Thank you.  

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2004, 07:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (RFTC @ Nov 27 2004, 03:30 AM)
MFG date of 2004 - 07 - 06
K:1.00.5838.01
D:1.00.5659.03

It's a version 1.6 xbox.  Will this softmod work with this xbox?

Not quite sure what "this exploit" refers to, but UXE can be gotten to work on all XBOXs.

aslude

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »

I've chipped my xbox v1.2 with xenium ice solderless and upgradded the HDD to a 200GB, and installed the dashboard with salyer's 2.6 auto-installer. My question is to the people who are using the PBL instead of a mod-chip, is the PBL as good as the xenium mod-chip, as far as reliability of playing backup games(either on a dvd-r or on the HDD)?

Also, this might be another consideration, if I flash the TSOP with a perferred bios, I will no longer need the mod-chip, correct? The reason I ask is because if I can do this I'd perfer to sell my mod chip to a friend, and I really don't care about xbox live.

I am not sure if I want to use the PBL method or try to flash the TSOP.
Any input will be appreciated.

Sorry if my questions might be incorrectly asked, I am fairly a noob.

thanks.

im_santa

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2004, 03:29:00 PM »

I couldnt really figure this certain part out, i need acess to a modded xbox for this to work? if so, that would be very cool if someone could upload the file.... thnx

napalmpje

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »

I'm new to this, but I was wondering, if it's not just enough to plug a disk into a PC and restore a foreign image (xbox image) on a new disk, which contains a patched xbox version? I just screwed up my disk by trying out the slayer disk. Luckily I kept my original HDD, but leaves me with an unmodded xbox again (At least, I think so smile.gif ). I've made an image  of the C: partition with some tool on the xbox (forgot which one) and still have that one. But I don't know how to restore that on the disk. Hopefully it can be done in a windows environment. The file I got is called : img_c.bin

Beastlrd

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2004, 05:29:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Cold Shiver

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2004, 09:34:00 AM »

I don't have a friend with an Modded or chipped box...

What i do have is:
007 agent under fire
Splinter Cell
Xbox memory unit
PC with hub so i can connect to pc (i used Xbconnect before)

So is there any way i can soft-mod my box ?  sad.gif

Cold Shiver

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2004, 07:50:00 AM »

Should i burn the "Auto Installer Deluxe 1.0" to a CD-RW....becouse my Xbox reads CD-RW and validates em....cuz i tried to burn a game but my computer could only see a few mbs.....the intro movie "Xbox" with the big X and stuff and it played off on the xbox when i burned on a CD-RW and put it in the xbox.

I heard xbox validates discs before the Xbox intro is played ....so i guess it has validated that CDRW of mine and im guessing it has full acces to install stuff.. the wierd thing is  :S  I have a non-modded Xbox 1.0...cuz i bought em as soon as the xbox was for sale in the shop and its made in hungary...it says on the back

So if i insert the "Auto installer Deluxe 1.0" on CD RW maybe i can install something like Avalaunch....but the auto installer manual says this:

""
Here is a list of features that the auto-installer covers:
• Boots on a modded or soft-modded Xbox. Modchip users must be using a proper BIOS (NOT Cromwell) and Softmod users must have already installed their game save exploit before attempting to launch this.
etc etc
PLEASE NOTE: Only the BIOS is supplied as part of the Debug setup, so it is up to you to grab the XDK and put the correct files on your Xbox.
etc etc
""
1. So wil i wreck my box if i trie to boot it up and install a bios or something?
2. If i install a bios....do i need XDK files or something like it says above here?
3. I have no idea to easy Soft-Mod my xbox whitout taking non or less risk...can anyone help me...please dont link me to those tutorials cuz i can't make sence of any of them...just help of someone that has modded a xbox and it worked or u can help me personaly via msn or skype or whatever  my MSN is [email protected]  smile.gif

Thanks in advance

bot_killer2002

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »

hi i have an xbox 1.2
K - 1.00.5101.01
D - 1.00.5960.01
i no that the kernel is fine as long as it is below 5530 but is my dashboard version fine

Polus

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

I have a problem and it seems that nobody has a answer for it.

I have a,

K: 100.5713.01
D: 100.5960.01

X-Box so I can't normaly upgrade by memory card Softmod method.

What I want to know is if there is an other method to softmod my box.

Thanks for the help, A xbox fan from the Netherlands. rolleyes.gif

An7imatt3r

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2005, 07:08:00 PM »

I am sorry to trouble any one here, however I have heard of a device that simply plugs into the xbox controller, which the allows a USB pen drive to be plugged into it. So basically something that lets me plug my USB pen drive into my controller. I also herd at one point MS was giving them away for free to anyone who said they owned I certain game. I am sorry if the name of this thing has already been given somewhere in this forum but I need a defecate answer.

DaddyJ

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(An7imatt3r @ Jan 3 2005, 09:32 PM)
I am sorry to trouble any one here, however I have heard of a device that simply plugs into the xbox controller, which the allows a USB pen drive to be plugged into it. So basically something that lets me plug my USB pen drive into my controller. I also herd at one point MS was giving them away for free to anyone who said they owned I certain game. I am sorry if the name of this thing has already been given somewhere in this forum but I need a defecate answer.

Its the phantasy star online adapator

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20