xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Soft-modding For Absolute Beginners  (Read 1020 times)

gstyler

• Archived User
Soft-modding For Absolute Beginners
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »

I have an xbox which would seem to be version 1.4 or 1.5 from its production date and bios & kernel versions, i attempted to softmod my xbox with the MA exploit, once i had copied the MA save game files to my xbox hdd via my pc with the hdd swap trick i then proceeded to load the game and install linux, unfortunatley my version of the xbox is read only on certain sections of the hdd (well thats one of the explainations i could think of), so i got an error when trying to install linux, now i am attempting to solder the 2 tsop points on my xbox mobo and using a friends modded xbox to place my hdd in to then use slayers auto installer to set my hdd back to factory defaults so it will be unprotected but still just like a standard xbox hdd, so i can then put the SC exploit onto my xbox hdd and run evox to gain ftp access, i will then get pbl so to emulate a bios temporarily and a replacement dash on there, doing all this with the audio exploit will enable me to have a hijacked yet modded xbox, then with this to make a more permenant modification i am going to flash the xecuter 4983 bios to my xbox directly then use slayers again to format my hdd but this time it will be my 200gb hdd and it will be constructed with appz, avalaunch dash and then i will start copying games over..

My questions are:

When i set the hdd back to factory defaults will my xbox read it as a normal hdd like b4 or will it reject it..?

Do i need to do the tsop points to write to the bios or will i be able to write to it with out soldering the tsop points...?

When i had an error installing linux primarily was it because my hdd has certain read only sections or was it another reason, if so what is the other reason

emrldwpn

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2004, 11:01:00 AM »

i have software on my xbox (Enigmah Videomode Switch) that changes the Xbox to output a NTSC signal, but the Xbox originally is a PAL box. What should i consider it as when i download the exploit?

Thanks in advance

cmills496

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

Hi, I'm a noob and have a quick question... My friend and I did a software hack on my xbox version, K:1.00.4034.01 and the D is the same. My friend says you have to delete all you music if you are going to do an audio hack. I forgot to delete my music and I can boot up the bios through Mech Assult but when i try to install the audio hack I get an error. My friend says I messed up cause I didnt delete my music and that I will never be able to software hack my Xbox again.. Is he right. Please help out a noob. Thank you.

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »

You don't need to delete the music, but its not a bad idea..  Already existing music won't alter the st.db like ripping new tracks does..  Make sure you know what key e:\linux.xbe needs to be signed with..  Most probably its the -audio key, but I think there are st.db's floating around that want a -habibi key.  Oh, before you worry about anything I just said you will need to upgrade your dash to 4920.  You can do this with most older Live enabled games like MA, SW/Tetris to name a couple with the right dash..

emrldwpn

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2004, 09:10:00 PM »

how would you find out what version dashboard you have?

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2004, 09:56:00 PM »

You can check your dash version in msdash..  Settings > System Info wait for the copyright to scroll..  Forget your enigmah disk for now..  That changes the Video region which is different from the Xbe region.  Besides, UXE eliminates the need to switch regions if you have a 5713+ PAL box.
Consider it a PAL box..  All Enigmah does is screw up your tv output unless your set up for both signals..

foozxc

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2004, 12:39:00 AM »

Once this is done, could one make a ghost image to make it easier on everyone else?

cmills496

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2004, 11:00:00 PM »

How do you delete and audio hack? It keeps showing up under my music and I want to delete it because I screwed up when installing. Is there a way to just reformat my Xbox hard drive. Please help me. Thank you.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2004, 11:50:00 PM »

if you wanna delete the audio hack just go to e:\tdata\fffe000\music and delete the st.db

PedrosPad

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (cmills496 @ Oct 23 2004, 07:03 AM)
How do you delete and audio hack? It keeps showing up under my music and I want to delete it because I screwed up when installing. Is there a way to just reformat my Xbox hard drive. Please help me. Thank you.

What might be confusing you is that once deleted, the MS Dash will create a new empty ST.DB file the next time you go into the M$ Dashboard's "Music" menu.  This is simply an empty Sound Track Database file - a normal part of the Dashboard, and no longer the hacked Audio exploit version.

mellowmadness

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2004, 12:00:00 AM »

I got all the way to where the phoenix button appears but when i press it, all I get is a black screen can someone tell me where i went wrong please?

Brettbsbrett

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2004, 07:32:00 AM »

Hey, will this work to put the saved game onto the memory card?

Xbox USB Adapter

thanks for the help,
Brett

brza

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

how do u save games to ur hd after u soft mod it i herd sumthing bout  dvd2xbox can sum 1 post a like or info on it

chapy

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »

thank's for this great tutoriel
i'v test it and made it flawless

btw: i'v made a traduction of this tutoriel from english to french and will post it
soon on the web site "gueux.be" be sure to check there all you french fries frickles like me :-)

btw:  how can we put back M$ Dashboard (hacked one) to be the one that boot
from a normal power up of the XBOX ?

cya!

xonix

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2004, 02:12:00 PM »

thanx, i've been wanting to give softmodding a try for a while now and this got me going in the right direction  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20