xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Soft-modding For Absolute Beginners  (Read 1016 times)

adil786

• Archived User
Soft-modding For Absolute Beginners
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2004, 02:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (welshko @ Aug 4 2004, 10:22 PM)
i want to soft mod my xbox but i dont have access to a modded xbox so if som1 can upload the file and post it on the web it would be appreciated. Thanks

well, then you can download it at the "usual places"

adil786

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2004, 02:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (colt45joe @ Jul 30 2004, 06:58 AM)
so i can buy a brand new x-box (USA) and soft mod it with UDE?

yup,

Aaron.Smith

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2004, 05:51:00 AM »

i have an action replay and ive found you can transfer from pc to xbox with action replay by applying the action replay card into the controller and accessing it from is there any need for the x-key if stated above works ?

eh.

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »

If your AR lets you get a working hacked gamesave onto your box, then you dont need an x-key to softmod it eh.  wink.gif

Sergg

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2004, 08:54:00 PM »

Hmmm, this guide will be great help to me in the near future.  Although I have one small problem, and I am not quite sure what the problem is but hopefully someone here can throw me a few pointers.

I just got the usb keyboard adapter in the mail today, so I loaded up the mechassult files on to my SanDisk cruzer mini 256mb, and pluged it into my controller.  Here is where the problem lies, when I go into memory, the xbox just slows down.  Since the screen has some kind of fading effect that is slowed down as well.  Basically my xbox doesn't read the microdrive.  I read a list of compatible usb drives, my microdrive was on the list, so either something is wrong with the drive, the list is wrong, or my xbox just won't read it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just for reference:  
MFG Date: 2002-04-19

This post has been edited by Sergg: Aug 10 2004, 03:56 AM

McDoofus

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »

So does this modding technique support adding a bigger harddrive and the ability to rip xbox games onto it?

I would assume it does, but we all know what assuming does...

Thanks in advance.

bigfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

Sergg, The best way I've found to transfer files to my xbox is via a standard memory card.  I bought a Mad Cats version for around $20.  I was going to need one anyway, so I bought it.

How does one transfer games to his memory card from his PC?  Well you plug your xbox controller into your PC with the memory card installed.  Funny, you say?  It is funny, but the xbox controller is detected as a USB device as is the card.  With the drivers that come with the Action Replay software (free update), you're off to the races.

How does one connect his xbox controller to his PC?  well, you gotta "hack" it together.  Meaning take out your wire cutters and "hack" into the cables my friend.  Then you mate a male USB connector to a hacked up xbox break away cable and then connect your controller to that.  End Result:  xbox controller & memory card plugged into PC via USB connector.

Here is a pic of how you wire it (notice the yellow wire goes nowhere).  Good Luck.

user posted image

P.S. The motivation behind this thread is great, but I think it should be updated to mention LTools as it would have saved me the agrivation of trying to install UDE by hand.   grr.gif

timr524

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2004, 10:16:00 PM »

I have an Action Replay and am having troubles getting the -free-x-mechassault.rar- file onto the memory card, the software that AR uses to upload saved games gives me an error of -not a valid xbox saved game- am I doing something really wrong, thanks for the help.

adil786

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2004, 03:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (timr524 @ Aug 13 2004, 06:19 AM)
I have an Action Replay and am having troubles getting the -free-x-mechassault.rar- file onto the memory card, the software that AR uses to upload saved games gives me an error of -not a valid xbox saved game- am I doing something really wrong, thanks for the help.

use ldots mem card installer instead of the old fonts.

bigfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »

timr524, yeah you really should check out LTools.  The other thing is that the file you upload must be a ZIP file and not a RAR file.  You also have to have the files located in special folders within the zip.  There is a tut on that someplace around here.

adil786

• Archived User

Aaron.Smith

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

i used the splinter cell pal exploit and AR i transferred the save across went to check point and got a green and black screen with foriegn writing on with a number 21 in the corner what am i doing wrong please please please someone help me

adil786

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (Aaron.Smith @ Aug 14 2004, 10:49 PM)
i used the splinter cell pal exploit and AR i transferred the save across went to check point and got a green and black screen with foriegn writing on with a number 21 in the corner what am i doing wrong please please please someone help me

you may have a patched version of splinter cell or AR corrupted the save sad.gif

noob123

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »

i was thinking of soft moding my xbox but i don't have a memery card, USB stick, Action Replay,ect.
Can I still do this by hotswaping or something
could someone plezz help sad.gif

Spydeys

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2004, 06:23:00 PM »

so basically, can i go on xbox live with my xbox modded like this, or not?
... sad.gif  blink.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20