xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Soft-modding For Absolute Beginners  (Read 1024 times)

cmiz

• Archived User
Soft-modding For Absolute Beginners
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2005, 08:05:00 PM »

can you boot retail games?

StriKeRacY

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »

yea i can still boot retail games cmiz. do you know of anything thats out that might be able to help me?

ceon_1

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2005, 07:38:00 AM »

Nicely written, however I do have some questions. When I transfered the splinter_cell zip file to the xbox with a mega-x key the file is named linux install on the xbox. (not splinter cell) is this correct? I also do not see a linux profile when i load the ORIGINAL game. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I forgot?

Can someone help me plz???

Thx. Ceon

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »

Yes that is correct..

ceon_1

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2005, 08:29:00 AM »

So how do I activate the exploit? The splinter cell game does not show the profile linux.

cmiz

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2005, 08:34:00 AM »

@strikeracy: you used a gamesave installer right? try putting in the game you used to load it up and try loading it up again. this would give you ftp access so you can fix your xbox. you could use UXE complete to replace your C drive. this would install UXE and EvoX. did you make a backup copy of your c drive? did you backup your eeprom too? i think that would be the best method.

cmiz

• Archived User
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2005, 08:35:00 AM »

@ceon: did you save the game from the memory card to your xbox hard drive before loading the game? exploitable games won't load from a memory card.

ceon_1

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »

Yes, I did. What I did was± I downloaded the spinter_cell_exploit-pal.zip from the #xbins ftp server. Than I used the mega-x key to transfer the file to the xbox harddrive using the original MS dashboard memory utility. (standard transfer of gamesave files to/ from the xbox to a memory key) After which I turned off the xbox and restarted it with the original splinter cell game in it.

The tut say I have to start the game with the linux profile, however I do not have a linux profile. If I start the game, it says I need to make a new profile.
The xbox dashboard doesnt show a splinter cell game save but a linux install save. I was wondering if this is correct and if so how do I activate the gamesave in the splinter cell game?
thx.
Ceon

Ps. I removed the mega-x key before starting the game, should I leave the key plugged in?

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2005, 09:19:00 AM »

you probably didn't transfer both the SC saves over.

StriKeRacY

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

thanks cmiz - i'll give it a try in a little bit. i used a gamesave that i got from codejunkies.com and it was all in french, and needless to say i dont exactly know the language blink.gif  haha but i appreciate the input, if i try loading up the explot again, i should be able to get ftp access?

StriKeRacY

• Archived User
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »

i just finished up backing up the eeprom and system files. i attempted to restore it, and it came up that it needed to be renamed  sad.gif

cmiz

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »

you have ftp access though? download UXE complete and follow the directions to replace your C drive. it's in the usual places under exploits\packages (i think). if you want to get back the original xbox C drive, you can put in a live enabled game and try to update your dash. or you could download slayers 2.6 and extract the iso. inside is a copy of a stock C drive.

edit: don't worry too much...once you've backed up your eeprom, you can basically recover your xbox from anything (well....almost anything). if worse comes to worse, you could pull your hard drive out of your xbox, make an xboxhdm cd and use that to restore your xbox. (i'd try the ftp method first though)

This post has been edited by cmiz: Feb 11 2005, 10:31 PM

StriKeRacY

• Archived User
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »

i can ftp to my xbox - but if i try to put in uxe it says that it needs avalaunch. i thought it installed when i ran linux through MA - but once again since its in french, im at a loss for words

cmiz

• Archived User
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »

forget about the installer....i think you messed the up the setup....just use UXE complete, it will give you a folder called "c replace". just delete your entire C drive and replace it with the contents of the folder...i'd recomend using nkpatcher 06 and fonts 71 for the batch files. (just double click on those files and then use the contents of c replace". this will at least get your xbox up and running, you can mess around with whatever options you want after that.

StriKeRacY

• Archived User
« Reply #119 on: February 12, 2005, 12:07:00 PM »

mad.gif
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20