xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: Soft-modding For Absolute Beginners  (Read 1023 times)

mcsweeny92

• Archived User
Soft-modding For Absolute Beginners
« Reply #285 on: July 12, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »

Is it possible to use a modded xbox to transfer all the files i need for a splinter cell game save exploit to an xbox memory card and then transfer all the files from the memory card to my unmodded xbox? i do not have an action replay or any way to hook up my unmodded xbox to my computer.

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #286 on: July 12, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(mcsweeny92 @ Jul 13 2008, 09:46 AM) View Post

Is it possible to use a modded xbox to transfer all the files i need for a splinter cell game save exploit to an xbox memory card and then transfer all the files from the memory card to my unmodded xbox? i do not have an action replay or any way to hook up my unmodded xbox to my computer.

Yes.

TTownEP

• Archived User
« Reply #287 on: July 16, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »

So I got mine all softmodded, but I cannot find the eeprom.bin file anywhere on my hard drive.  I swear I hit both backup buttons before I started the dashboard install, but anyway...  I have this other 40 gig hdd laying around over here, and I want to throw it in there, but every tutorial I read tells me to backup and save the eeprom.bin file first.  

1. Is this necessary, or just a precaution in case something happens and it dies?  Can I safely continue to prepare the new hdd for use, or does the disc that you burn use that file to unlock the new drive?

2. Is there any way to go back and backup this file now, before I start?

Thanks

This post has been edited by TTownEP: Jul 17 2008, 03:18 AM

FourTwentySmiles

• Archived User
« Reply #288 on: July 17, 2008, 01:04:00 AM »

1. -The Eeprom is a MUST!!!!!  The Eeprom has to be on the HDD and it has to be the same as the one on the motherboard.  So if you dont have the Eeprom from your xbox.....your new HDD wont work.

2. -Evox and UnleashX both have a "Backup Eeprom" selection......and depending on which exploit was used to softmod, the Eeprom could be backed-up in several places.    I used Ndure on the last one I did and it backed-up the Eeprom to E:/Backup. The very first one I did I used the Itools exploit and it backed it up in the C drive. The Itools exploit is outdated now( or I dont hear of many people using it) but Ndure seems to be one of the more popular exploits used today to softmod.

Ans @ mcsweeny92......If the gamesave exploit is one one xbox, all you need is an 8Mb xbox memory unit. Copy the gamesave(s) from that xbox to the memory unit.....then from the memory unit to the other xbox.

This post has been edited by FourTwentySmiles: Jul 17 2008, 08:08 AM

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #289 on: July 17, 2008, 01:09:00 AM »

Make sure you have the virtual eeprom disabled before you attempt to read the xbox eeprom.

Xman954 has also written a program to read the eeprom. Just google for it.

Maybe the eeprom.bin file is on your real C partition, and you are now looking at your shadowc.

egards.

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #290 on: July 17, 2008, 07:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(TTownEP @ Jul 17 2008, 10:51 AM) *

2. Is there any way to go back and backup this file now, before I start?

If you used Kingroach Ndure 3.1, check the link in my sig for the eeprom backup.
Otherwise you can use configmagic to backup your eeprom after you have disabled your virtual eeprom by booting from Frosty's xbox rescue disc.

This post has been edited by ldotsfan: Jul 17 2008, 02:14 PM

andwan0

• Archived User
« Reply #291 on: August 17, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »

I have followed this guide. Was tough getting it working but managed the art of hotswapping in the end. So now am using this XboxHDM v1.9 & Kingroach's NDURE 3.0. Is my XBOX possible to connect to XBOX Live? If not, is there another BIOS which can connect to XBOX Live okay (except the original XBOX BIOS).

ldotsfan

• Archived User
« Reply #292 on: August 23, 2009, 06:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(andwan0 @ Aug 18 2009, 12:00 AM) View Post

I have followed this guide. Was tough getting it working but managed the art of hotswapping in the end. So now am using this XboxHDM v1.9 & Kingroach's NDURE 3.0. Is my XBOX possible to connect to XBOX Live? If not, is there another BIOS which can connect to XBOX Live okay (except the original XBOX BIOS).

No personal experience with LIVE but this might help.

Ndure also has open tray support for msdash through Ndure Retail - which you have to select when you setup Kingroach's Ndure.

iamzero15

• Archived User
« Reply #293 on: September 14, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »

I've written an easy-to-understand guide on my site, and you don't need Mechassault, Splinter Cell, or 007. It kinda elaborates on the "Hotswap" method, and clears it up.

How to Soft-Mod Your Xbox (With or Without The Gamesave Exploit)

DJ_Wolf

• Archived User
« Reply #294 on: October 11, 2009, 04:38:00 AM »

Is it possible to softmod by throwing the Xbox HDD into a PC and mod it that way possibly.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #295 on: October 11, 2009, 06:09:00 AM »

Yes. You need Kingroach NDURE 3.1, then you hotswap and use xboxhdm / xboxhdm2 or Xplorer360 (beta 6) to put the files on your hard drive. Have a quick search, there are tutorials for all the available methods.

RobertX

• Archived User
« Reply #296 on: November 20, 2009, 12:10:00 PM »

Hello mbriody,

Concerning your 2004 article "Softmodding (an original X-Box) for Absolute Beginners)," I have a few questions.

On Ebay, I ordered a USB-to-X-Box cable that I think can transfer Flash Drive data to the X-Box and vice versa. Here is the picture. Is this the equivalent of the makeshift cable that you made?

On another point, you said

I loaded the Splinter Cell game saves onto my chipped XBOX via FTP.

Now this is my first X-Box system that I am going to mod, I don't own an X-Box, modded or otherwise, yet. If I don't have an X-Box yet, what is the alternative course of action for the above quote? I also do not have an Action Replay. Again, what is the correct course of action?

Other than these two questions, I think your guide does prove merit. I will not "flame" or "troll," but I need some questions answered.

Thank you for your attention.

obcd

• Archived User
« Reply #297 on: November 21, 2009, 02:11:00 AM »

I think can transfer Flash Drive data to the X-Box and vice versa.

Either you can, or you can not. Play a game and save it's gamestate.
Go to the M$dash and transfer the gamesave to your USB memory device.

Unplug the memory device. Check on a pc with the xplorer360 program if you can find the gamesave on the memory device. Check on the xbox if you can copy the gamesave back to the xbox harddisk.

If all that works fine, you can load the gamesave exploit on the usb memory device (using your pc and the xplorer360 program). Copy it to the xbox harddisk before you use it.

regards.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]