xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdd_driver Backup Woun't Boot  (Read 80 times)

Blick Domain

• Archived User
Hdd_driver Backup Woun't Boot
« on: May 04, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »

I started this in "Checklists For Fonts/audio Exploits And Pbl" but am staring a new thread here instead.

I did the hotswap almost a year ago. It worked great.

See my configuration in my sig. below.

My XBox has been running great until a few days ago. I was messing around with XPad and boxplorer. I think I must have over written PBL's default.xbe in C: and didn't realize it.  The next time I booted up I got the needs service screen. It would only play original disks. I wish I would have had a game save hack saved but I didn't (sometimes I have no brains)  

I have my eeprom & Hd keys from Evox .
I used HDunlock, HDDisabl,ATAPWD,HDD_Driver, & HDlock to access the drive on my XP machine ATAPWD shows it locking and unlocking OK.

I have tried to restore set up with HDD_Driver. But now nothing happens at all I can't even play original disks any more.

I tried restoring the original M$ HD backup. But I get the same results the "need service screen” No eerror code.

I have it connected to my router so it uses the time server.

I am not sure if I have screwed up my exploit files, or I have a corrupt BKUP, or or both?

Grospolina replied with:

Without an error code, it's hard to figure out what the problem is. Normally on startup, the blob blobs around, and then the big X appears, and then if it finds an XBE (C:\xboxdash.xbe or D:\default.xbe), the MS logo appears at the bottom. If the MS logo appears, it indicates that the hard drive is unlocked, but if it doesn't appear, then it doesn't necessarily mean that it wasn't unlocked. Therefore, your problem could be your HD password, or it could be your dash files.

My advice is to try to get the retail MS dashboard running first, with no exploits installed. If your backup is corrupt, then you can extract dashboard 4920 from Slayer's EvoX Auto-Installer ISO (folder system\c\all). If your filesystem is corrupt, then you may need to use ldot's xboxhdm CD to repartition and format the drive. If it's your password, then confirm with liveinfo (remember to connect your HD and load your eeprom.bin) that your calculated password is correct.

If all else fails, get a mod chip.

Thanks Grospolina you are an insporation!! love.gif

I am going to see what Liveinfo does and go from there.

Any one else have a suggestion?

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

I pretty much think Grospolina tells you what you need to know. You have your hdd key. So unlock the drive and see if you can access it and determine if the C-content looks OK. You can try using HDD driver, but I would use linux. Check out xboxhdm and xbrowser (see my sig).

Now as long as you have you eeprom and hdd key you shouldn't have to resort to buying a modchip. If the filesystem is corrupt you can use xboxhdm to rebuild your drive from the system-files on Slayers Evox.

Blick Domain

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

Yes I can access the drive. Lock it and unlock it and lock it again

Checked with ATAPW.

The files look fine.

I have restored using the original BKUP ( M$ dash).

I have tried resoftmoding it with the original flies and downloaded new E&B Reload SPBL.

I can hear the drive start to read (clicking)

All with the same result.

"Need Service" No Error #

Liveinfo: If I have it right I need the Xbox HD on the PC (unlocked, I'll use IDE2) load the eeprom.bin and compare the calculated HD Key. It shoud be the same since the drive unlocked, disabled ,and locked the first time with my original Evox BKUP key.

I have seen you topic it looks cool.

I would like to use Linux for the Xbox and have been thinking abount befor this happened.

I run a Linux file server at home. Use it to store Pics, MP3's, and GAME BKUPs.
But it's an older AT machine PI 200 MMX 160G HD

Blick Domain

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 01:14:00 AM »

Just to put closure to this, I finally used ldots XBoxHDM to repair my drive.

My C: looked OK but wouldn't boot.

I used Slayers system files to restore C: and ldots XBoxHDM to access the HD.

See links in my sig for info.

Much thanks to ldots and Grospolina for their kind help!!  love.gif

DonaldMCRonald87

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 06:23:00 AM »

idots i need help really bad, i have a 40 gig hdd im trying to upgrade to in my xbox and i got my C and E and when i go thru all the steps and put it in it gives me error option 5, do you have aim or something that you could help me with i would really appreciate it