xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Font/audio Softmod Package  (Read 930 times)

mkjones

• Archived User
Font/audio Softmod Package
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2004, 06:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (CHRONOSTORM @ Apr 20 2004, 03:09 PM)
ok i started fresh again. and ftp'd in to watch what it does. it just finish uncompressing the files but they arent sitting in Z there in MKJONES in the game save.

it says error while unzipping e:\ but e was already unzipped? into /E/UDATA/4d530017/62d648ebf155/mkjones/E/

EDIT: doesnt look like pbl is extracting at all.

Yeh man, looks like some of the glitches I got when testing, I think you need to remove the gamesave folder and re-apply it then start over, also ensure you have removed all the files/folders from your xbox smile.gif

Thanks for the help testing man! I was working on the phat version today, a new version of tHc is out so that will be making an apperance...

Its all working on my xbox right now smile.gif

Can anyone else that has errors with the lite version post them and I will help out all I Can, its a problem with UnleashX and the guys in the forum are hopefully going to look into it!

However, dont let this put you off! for most people it works first time  blink.gif

I will post any fixes and readme updates here...

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2004, 06:40:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2004, 06:45:00 AM »

laugh.gif

edit: audio hack worked but font did not. when i activate it it just sits at the mn$ dash. it just couldnt find pbl for some reason also my kearnel is 4979.67

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2004, 06:55:00 AM »

muhaha.gif

anyway i have tried installing it 3 times. every time works perfect. it just seemed that slayers installed a few conflicting files.

i have tried all the dashes on both exploits. works perfect. although i cant get the led red by editing the boot.cfg file. do i need to xbtool the bios?

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (CHRONOSTORM @ Apr 20 2004, 03:55 PM)
mind if i make a slayers version of this? i really like it alot. it will boot from a cd w/more options like slayers. just the softmod version

after tweaking a bit it works perfectly. if you are reformating with slayers be sure and just format and restore m$ stuff. dont just rebuild. that copies files that seem to conflict.

it still amazes the hell out of me that my chameleon detects the unsigned code from the lpc. the d0 isnt grounded but the chip sees the unsigned code. does that mean its possible that signed code can be extracted from the lpc muhaha.gif

anyway i have tried installing it 3 times. every time works perfect. it just seemed that slayers installed a few conflicting files.

i have tried all the dashes on both exploits. works perfect. although i cant get the led red by editing the boot.cfg file. do i need to xbtool the bios?

Glad to see you have it working smile.gif

Do with it what you will! I dont know how a CD version would help anyone without a chip tho? I thought about making an ISO that would be insted after the audio hack was envokced and then the rest of the install would follow but decided to stick with FTP installs, its just as good smile.gif

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

my thinking is get pbl to load from within mech assult and load an ef bios. ejecting mech assult and putting in the disk that has alot of extra features. also this is a big plus for those who have moded xbox's and just do hd swaps

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »

does it have 1.4 or 1.4.1? id check but my xbox is an hour away

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (CHRONOSTORM @ Apr 20 2004, 09:25 PM)
my thinking is get pbl to load from within mech assult and load an ef bios. ejecting mech assult and putting in the disk that has alot of extra features. also this is a big plus for those who have moded xbox's and just do hd swaps

You cannot do that as the xbox would re-boot as soon as you ejected MA, nice try and its been an idea many times but its not that simple.

The only way would be for a softmod to be installed and THEN instert some kind of slayer-like disk after this so the xbox can read the unsigned code..

For now, memory card and FTP are the most simple and working options smile.gif

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »

when pbl loads does it load the bios to shadow ram? how does it load the bios itself. if you could get the bios to load the eject fix then pressing the eject button will not restart the box. so the real question is how to load the ef inside mech assult. repeating my self alot.

it isnt impossible.

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2004, 07:48:00 AM »

cool.gif

CHRONOSTORM

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »

tongue.gif

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2004, 12:48:00 AM »

it isnt impossible.

I think it is?  blink.gif  Many people have looked into it in the past and no one has come up with a fix for it sad.gif

I am going with the FTP installation because I don't have Mech Assult and when I try extarcting the Thumbs.db file form PBL.zip it does not show up in my destination folder. I tried it again and it says it already exists and asks if I want to overwrite

Like CHRONOSTORM said Thumbs.db is a Windows System file and has nothing to do with the package smile.gif its basically a file that holds information when you use "thumbnail view" in a folder.

I''ll be mod the box tonight.

Cool smile.gif please feedback!

elliott27

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2004, 05:35:00 AM »

I had somethig similar happen.  After the FTP install I tied to turn on th efonts an dI got and error.  SOething about renaming the ST.DB file.  When I checked the ST.DB file in the music folder it was no longer there.  I had to ftp it over again.  I played around with it for a bit and the fonts hack to work once (not exactly sure what I did) but it doesn't seem to work everytime. THe package is great and I thank you for it but I am modding a fiends xbox and I don't really want to say that he can switch between the two when I am not sure if it will corrupt/delete the st.db file.  Any ideas on what is casing this?
I did notice that in the mkjones-BOBW.zip the st.db file is actually named st.hk.  any reason for this?
Greta job eitehr way MK

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2004, 06:02:00 AM »

Browse this folder until you find a file names "mkjones.zip" it should be
in "UDATA\4d530017\62d648ebf155\"

Extract "mkjones.zip" to a folder named "mkjones"

Browse the folder it has 2 folders inside:

The C folder contains:

- fonts.zip

The E folder contains:

- Dashboards.zip
- PBL.zip
- ST.zip

Now, FTP connect to your xbox, I recommend using FlashFXP.

You now need to upload the "UDATA\4d530017" folder onto your xbox.

Go to your xbox E drive. You should see UDATA.

Open this folder. Now upload the "4d530017" folder from the UDATA folder
on your PC.

You have just uploaded the MA gamesave and Config Manager.

You should be ok.

To be able to turn OFF the fonts you need:

- bert.xtf, ernie.xtf and Xbox.bak. xbox Book.xtf in C:\fonts
- the Unhacked ST.DB in your music dir

To turn them ON you need the audio hack active so in your music dir you should have:

- ST.DB (hacked)
- ST.or (your origional ST.DB)

The hacked ST.DB is deleted when you enable the fonts, and your orig ST.DB renamed so you can rip audio etc.

The st.zip file is the hacked st.db file, this is unzipped to the music directory everytime you turn OFF the fonts...

Remember:
Before installing either way you NEED a unhacked ST.DB file in your music dir so you can sucsessfully do the font switch.

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2004, 07:35:00 AM »

wink.gif

OR, if you look in the package you will see a file named stdb.zip you could unzip this and use the file inside wink.gif

If you install via the memory card then you get an option to "create" a new st.db file uisng this smile.gif but for FTP use, I neglected to mension it  blink.gif

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13