xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The Official Clock Loop Thread  (Read 561 times)

Kolk1604

• Archived User
The Official Clock Loop Thread
« on: April 10, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »

This post is ancient, and has long since been superseded by new exploits.
Please click HERE to visit the XBE Exploits section, to find updated exploits. The exploits referenced here were used around 2003.

Definition:
A clock loop can occur when your Xbox loses time. Since the Xbox does not contain a CMOS battery, it'll lose time if it doesn't maintain power. This can happen anytime after 45 minutes. (15 hours for me) When your Xbox loses time, it's going to want to go to MS Dash to set the time. You can't get to MS Dash, though, because your modified font files are going to boot to PBL and the Dash of your choice instead. By instinct your Xbox wants to go to MS Dash, but the modified fonts are saying "No, no, lauch PBL". It's kinda like it's getting pulled it two different directions at once. Then it gets all confused and reboots.

Fix:
First off all, there is NO fix. I will, however, list ways you can get out of a clock loop. NOTE: Not all suggestions will work for everyone.
1. Let it boot. Let your Xbox boot until it breaks out. Fonts will kick in a set the time. (Doesnt work for everyone)
2. Plug your Xbox into an active computer network. After a couple of boots, you should be out. (Doesn't work for everyone.)
4. Unplug Your DVD-Rom drive (I heard this works)  wink.gif
5. Put in a Audio CD (Also heard this works)  wink.gif
6. Unplug all controlers
7. If all else fails, then gain access to your Xbox HD, disable the fonts, set the time and then turn them back on again.

Recommended Font Files
I Recommend you use either the Bert and Earnie Reloaded fonts or the Mech Fonts. They react well with the clock loop. They may even help you escape faster.

Other Information
Eveyone that uses the font exploit is prone to clock loops. And I mean Everyone. I don't care if your the president or a world Icon. If your Xbox loses time, it will get stuck in a clock loop. Now how long it last is unknown. It all depends on the fonts you used and the Xbox.

Well, that it's about clock loops. There that simple. I'm hoping to stop the countless threads that are created everyday with people who got stuck and are looking for a solution when there going to get the same answer.  

If I missed anything, please let me know.

dabolikk

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

Nice thread buddy!! This should be pinned so people doesnt have to ask the same quiestion again and again... Perfect for those lazys who dont search!! hehe. Thanks!

You can mention about the catfish fonts! They get out of the clock loop very quick I have tested.
-------------
Dabolikk

cowgabuger

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »

try to use the reloaded font, it give you less reboots and will loop out faster than other fonts when you are in a clock loop..

BluhDeBluh

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 09:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (cowgabuger @ Apr 11 2004, 05:02 AM)
try to use the reloaded font, it give you less reboots and will loop out faster than other fonts when you are in a clock loop..

Untrue, the hacked MechInstaller fonts will get out equally as well, if not better. The majority of Xboxes do not suffer a permanent clock look with the MechInstaller fonts

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »

Yeah just becaus your own xbox gets out of the loop with the reloaded fonts doesn't mean any xbox will get out with them. The mech fonts however have the best chance of getting out on all kinda xbox versions. Also the reloaded fonts suck cuz they set the time wrongly on every boot.

billenglish

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 07:30:00 AM »

Isn't there a new hack out that runs the PBL when you click the Xbox Live tab from the dashboard?  It would totally eliminate clock-loops.  If it is available, could someone give me a link to a tutorial on installing them?

afon

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2004, 07:35:00 AM »

I just found a new method to get out.
I had just unplugged my xbox and moved it to the living room and it started looping. It looped three times, then I unplugged all controllers and VUALAHH! I say this:
Plug in ethernet cord
Put in Audio CD (eject Cd tray then insert audio cd and close to lag)
Unplug all controllers

And you should get out of the Mech-loop quite easy. Although I havent tested those on any other fonts...

Kolk1604

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2004, 07:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (billenglish @ Apr 11 2004, 03:54 PM)
Isn't there a new hack out that runs the PBL when you click the Xbox Live tab from the dashboard?  It would totally eliminate clock-loops.  If it is available, could someone give me a link to a tutorial on installing them?

Had to go back 11 pages, but I finally found it. Use this along with Feenix-Evox. It's real simple to install.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=120269

Also, they can and will get caught in a clock loop. I don't know how or why, but they do. I got stuck in one last weekend.  wink.gif

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2004, 07:04:00 AM »

Temp pin for a while.  Good work.

Killa996

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

i have a xbox that has been in clock loop for about a week and a half. for some reason it wont come out i tried everything. it just keeps restarting. i was working until my mom unpluged it and then in never came out. does anyone kno what other methods i can get to the ms dashboard to set the time?

Kolk1604

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 07:11:00 PM »

When you post here, I am happy to help smile.gif

There is one option I listed that is guranteed to work. That would be Step 7. Hotswap, disable the fonts, set time (hook up the box back up and then go in and set the time). Hotswap and again, enable the fonts and your good to go.

Lugnut

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2004, 11:47:00 PM »

I use bert and ernie reloaded,  i used a tutorial i found on this site that has you edit a copy of the msdash and rename it and put it in your evox menu so you have a way of being able to manage your saved games.

Whenever i leave the box unplugged and it goes into a clock loop all i do is while its booting, i hold the down button on the D pad, and repeatedly click the A button, it comes right out of the loop on the first try everytime.  Its installed in a 1.0 xbox with a seagate 10 gig hard drive. I dont remember what PBL im using, its the one that allows you to boot different bios's  might be 1.4.1 but not sure.

P.S. Once its out of the loop and my dash loads, i just go to the modified msdash and reset the clock.

Hope this helps

Oh and dont ask me how i figured this out if it works for you lol.

This post has been edited by Lugnut: Apr 29 2004, 06:56 AM

Killa996

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2004, 09:04:00 AM »

does anyone kno when exactly i have to perform the hotswap? i tired it a number amount of times and it was still locked. is it when the MS sign pops up?

dailo_wai

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2004, 12:05:00 AM »

What's the difference between all th different font files?  I'm using the big fonts right now and wondering if I should switch to mechassault ones, because it sounds like if i get into clock loop mech assault is more likely to get out of it.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

gasclown

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »

can someone give me the exact symptoms of the clock loop - couldn't find a definitive description anywhere.

here are my symptoms -

wierd frag ie: sometimes loads evox fine. sometimes flashes red green with no video/audio output but doesn't turn on/off, sometimes solid red no a/v. sometime will allow eject sometimes wont

even though its chipped i'm suspicious of clock loop because its only ever been into ms dash when playing dvds.

sorry if its the wrong thread but cant find help for this prob anywhere else. never seen clock loop before so i'm thinking it might be the prob
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5