xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Build A Working Xbox Hd From Scratch  (Read 1744 times)

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Build A Working Xbox Hd From Scratch
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »

bumpity

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2004, 01:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (Chicken Scratch Boy @ May 1 2004, 03:20 AM)
well, i've written some code,

Sounds good! Well I guess all DOS compilers are ancient. Have you tried the free Borland Turbo Pascal V5.5. Link

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2004, 06:26:00 AM »

yeah, i'm trying that... doesnt seem too well documented... gonna keep cracking at it though

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: May 02, 2004, 05:50:00 PM »

borland's tp comiler doesnt like the assembaler part, cant find anything... anywhere

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2004, 01:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (Borland)
Turbo Pascal 5.5 came in two versions: Turbo Pascal (the base product), and Turbo Pascal Professional (included Turbo Assembler and Turbo Debugger)

Hmm - looks like you need the prof. version. Cant find that anywhere...

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2004, 06:48:00 AM »

laugh.gif

he was talking about using borland tp back in the early 90's/80's a few days ago...

to the batcave

ph34r.gif

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »

k, i got the discs, they are the big floppies, for borland tp 6.0, from the user's manual it can compile asm!

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »

biggrin.gif ?

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

well, i've been doing back-to-back jobs (system intensive stuff) since monday, but i will install the drive probly on friday and get see if i can get it compiled

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2004, 11:29:00 PM »

Hmm - never seen or heard of anyone having this error. Sounds like it is a hardware problem and not related the what is on the drive. This some ideas :
- What drive is it. Has it been used for the xbox before (there is a HDD compatibility list somewhere)
- Do you still have the original xbox HDD, and does that work?
- Is the jumber set correctly?
- Is the IDE cable firmly attached?
- Are any of the partitions maxed out?
- Maybe you can try using the "wipe current fatx partition table and start from scratch, dont know if that's what you did the first time?

bbright27

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2004, 05:38:00 AM »

jester.gif

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2004, 06:01:00 AM »

You say you get an error when it tries to build E. Do you remember what it is? Only error/output I can think of is if the E-folder on the CD is empty?

Do you have the very latest version of xboxhdm (v. 1.3). There was a bug in the HDD password generation code, as posted on the xboxhdm thread. I surely hope the latest version will match with liveinfo...... Uhh I just read your post again! It must be drive 0 in liveinfo that is your new xbox HDD - the one that matches with the password from option 5 in xboxhdm. This was primary master right so that must be "device 0" in liveinfo - otherwise the numbering would be rather unlogical. To be absolutely sure you get the HDD serial number both from liveinfo and xboxhdm.
The reason it says not lockable is something different. I dont really understand why this happens after building a new drive, but it has happened to a lot of other users. My experience is that if I put the HDD on another ide channel (primary slave) then the drive becomes lockable?

This could also explain why you get error 5 on the xbox. This means "HDD not locked" - but I dont understand why unlockx and hdlock didn't tell you the same...

bbright27

• Archived User
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2004, 06:09:00 AM »

Idots - No, I don't remember what the error was...it went by pretty quick.  The only thing I had in the E folder were the folders "TDATA" and "UDATA" from Slayer's CD....nothing in them but text files and empty subfolders I believe.

I have tried hooking the new drive up to the Secondary Master channel....only now when I run your boot CD, xboxhd doesn't recognize there is a drive attached....also, when I run UnlockX, it doesn't list a hard drive in slot 2, and on the first slot...it names my HD but has a series of ' at the end...(example p0DEA0' ' ' ' ' ' Not Lockable!!

Any suggestions on this?  I'll go ahead and hook up the new xbox drive to primary slave with the PC drive as primary master...and the cd rom as secondary master/slave (either works for my PC) and wait for your reply...

I appreciate your patience and willing to help out!  

bbright27

• Archived User
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2004, 06:17:00 AM »

This script assumes /dev/hda be the device to be used for creating or rescueing an xbox harddrive  No disk drive found on /dev/hda (primary master)!

BUT

When I run option 3 from your CD, I can see both drives...I know for a fact that the second drive listed is my new XBOX drive....according to UNLOCKX at this time....it says Not Lockable....BUT....my PC drive says Lockable - Locked.

I've since booted into my PC, so I know I haven't corrupted my boot drive...but I just don't understand why it keeps changing the drives around....

I assume the new XBOX drive HAS TO BE on primary master?

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »

I didn't mean putting your xbox HDD on the secondary ide controller for running xboxhdm. This requires the drive to be primary master.

I just meant try and have the new xbox HDD on primary slave and nothing else on primary. Then run unlockx or hdlock. For me that makes the new HDD lockable...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9