xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Font Exploit Won't Show All Evo Menu  (Read 228 times)

krayzie

• Archived User
Font Exploit Won't Show All Evo Menu
« on: April 03, 2004, 03:32:00 AM »

There are different versions of evox.ini around. If you want the same menu structure as your gamesave evox use the evox.ini that is within the save. It could also have to do with the skin that won't let you see the date and stuff.

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

Sounds like you are not running PBL (Phoenix Bios Loader). An app that lets you replace your bios in memory with a hacked bios that has the signature check disabled. When you run an app with the retail bios the signature of the app is checked. Homebrew software will have a non MS signature and cause an error.
You can run PBL as your first app (instead of Evox). This will load a hacked bios which will in turn load a dashboard of your choice - Evox,MXM,....

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »

You could also use 1.4.1 as it has a really fast bootup. Remember that it doesn't have s-video support. Anyway the pbl come unsigned so you need to sign them yourself. You can do that using xbedump. The bios is located somewhere in the bootable from media folder. X2 is short for executer so go look for that name.

ldots

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »

Look in the boot.cfg files on some of other versions you find of PBL the usual places. I believe in some of them you will the find a debug RC4 key that should work with the BFM bioses. Cannot post em here.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 12:54:00 AM »

If you have the right rc4 then it might be the bios. They supose to be 1 mb files. Also what kernel version does your xbox have?  Pbl does not run on 5530 kernels.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 07:21:00 AM »

If the eeprom keys are there you can just leave them alone. The problem with the 2bl point probably has to do with the bios you are trying to open. Are you sure you have a bfm bios cuz normaly they are allready 1 mb so you don't have to resize them.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 09:21:00 AM »

yeah bootable from media and all the ones i've got were 1 mb in size. You did unpack them first right?

dailo_wai

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

Yeah I unpacked them, well X2 size is supposed to be 256k, but I can change them to 1meg easily with xbtool.  I've tried a bunch of bfm bioses with the debug key and all I get is the stupid green screen.  Nothing will boot up.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »

Well the normal size of x2 biosses do come as 256 kb. but every bfm bios i've downloaded came as 1 mb files. Anyway why don't you try pbl 1.4.1 as it comes with all the right keys and even has a couple of working biosses in it allready.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

yeah if the bios is set to load evoxdash.xbe and it isn't there it is likely that is the problem. if you rename the default.xbe of evox to evoxdash.xbe it might solve the problem

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »

yeah rename the bios u want to use to xboxrom.bin

dailo_wai

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »

odd, I did that and it still makes me press a for the bios menu, and then lists xboxrom.bin in the bios menu for me to select.  Do I need a different default.xbe?

maybe this only possible to do in 1.3.5?

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2004, 04:48:00 PM »

no if you wait long enough it will select xboxrom.bin automatically. If you don't wish to wait that long just erase zome zero's at the timeout in the boot.cfg.

dailo_wai

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2004, 05:06:00 PM »

thanks sooooooo much krayzie, everything is running just the way I want it now.  Thanks a lot for the help, couldn't of done it without you.