xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hex Edit Ernie.xtf  (Read 336 times)

irajames1176

• Archived User
Hex Edit Ernie.xtf
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »

see i as able to hex edit the ernie.xtf from the bigfonts25 package, i directed them to load the pbl from the c: drive, but i wanted to switch over to the ernie font from the fonthackpackage-dc package because it loads to the msdash first with the phoenix tab

irajames1176

• Archived User
Hex Edit Ernie.xtf
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2004, 06:55:00 PM »

Ah! i see so the ernie.xtf from the fonthackpackage-dc uses the habibi key your saying? so all i would have to do is re-sign the pbl.xbe for the habibi key?

GeToChKn

• Archived User
Hex Edit Ernie.xtf
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »

Yup, that's all I had to do today and it worked fine.  Gave up on the bigfonts and worry about having switching statement to turn on audio, off fonts if I'm going to move it so I'm going to give these ones a try.  It's only 1 menu click to load up the dashboard, I can deal with that for a bit more stabilty hopefully.  Gonna unplug one tonight and see how it goes in the morning.  Does anyone know though if you can extend the length of where it says phoenix?  I hex edited it fine but it only allows 9 letters because right after that is more code?  I guess I'm limited to that but before it is extra space.  I thought if I moved it, you could get more space but then if the code looks at that exact address for it rather than look for the line X.O.N.L.I.N.E.=.......  Anyone know if I more that line up into the blank space, will it still work?

GeToChKn

• Archived User
Hex Edit Ernie.xtf
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »

I tried a clock loop with it last night.  Left it unplugged all night, plugged it in this morning and it rebooted for about 3 minutes and then was at the set clock screen.  Worked pretty nice.  Better than what I had with bigfonts.  That one took almost half an hour to get of the one time it looped on me.

GeToChKn

• Archived User
Hex Edit Ernie.xtf
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2004, 03:16:00 PM »

Do you have to sign the xbe's for the direct boot?  I haven't tried it yet.  It's not a huge deal for me, I can press a couple of buttons to boot one.  lol.

krayzie

• Archived User
Hex Edit Ernie.xtf
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2004, 11:08:00 PM »

yeah you need to sign all the xbe's habibi including the catfish.xbe

Dunny

• Archived User
Hex Edit Ernie.xtf
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2004, 02:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (GeToChKn @ Mar 28 2004, 01:16 AM)
Do you have to sign the xbe's for the direct boot?  I haven't tried it yet.  It's not a huge deal for me, I can press a couple of buttons to boot one.  lol.

just sign the default xbe -habibi and make a copy alongside it renamed catfish.xbe

xbox went straight to the clock first time, no network cable attached on my 4034.
Pages: 1 2 [3]