xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Causes The Clock Loop  (Read 157 times)

kevinlekiller

• Archived User
What Causes The Clock Loop
« on: March 15, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

Because it takes power, the xbox as a capacitor that stores energy for a little amount of time (the time you unplug your xbox and move it in another room or something). So after a little while theres no more energy in the capacitor and the time gets reseted.... Theres no battery on the motherboard to keep the clock up to date.

namzuf9

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »

That was basically as I understood it. What I'm wondering is; is it possible to add an altenative power source to keep the clock in check?
With PC's we have the cmos chip that keeps all the configurations set and is kept powered by a 1.5v CR2032. Where are the xbox clock settings stored? How much power is required to keep those settings?
Am I a typical newb who has'nt got a clue? laugh.gif

Kolk1604

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »

Theres no place for a CMOS battery on an XBox motherboard. If there was, then that would be the fix, but there still isn't one.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »

And if it was possible to solder a cmos battery on the mobo you might as well be better off with a tsop flash.

JBNinja99

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

an easier solution if you are going to keep unplugging your box is to put audio on along w/ font. then if your going to unplug your box you can just turn font off and audio on.

vintage_guitar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 09:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (joeyjermiah @ Mar 16 2004, 12:35 AM)
the xbox loops because people on xbox scene do not use the search. just joking but it has been covered many times before.

you being the expert, would have seen this every time somebody has posted it wink.gif

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 02:00:00 AM »

The devil causes it  muhaha.gif

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »

I think i read on the tech discussion forum a loooonngg time ago taht some people attempted this but they failed. Dont quote me though.

joeyjermiah

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »

yes i believe the ups backup thing would work. In theory they should anyways. I'm sorry namzuf9 if i came off as an ass I was just joking around but yes people have tried the cmos thing and gotten nowhere.

digisatman

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 10:27:00 PM »

see how the font exploit that sets the date to 4th july, if the font exploit does that everytime the xbox boots then WHY WHY WHY are there stilll clock loops?

unsure.gif

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 04:56:00 AM »

this is how it goes down. the xbox has no time set it tryes to run the clock setting on befor everything else dvd checks etc the xbox whants to jump right into the clock settings. with a font expolite the xbox tryes to jump to the clock settings and the font expolite runs the xbox goes hey the clock isnt set and resets its self and you winde up in a loop.

the only way to avoide this is with the audio expolite couse it does not run on boot and the xbox can safly run the clock settings without interruption.

a ups would probly keep the clock charged and avoide such a loop to but that would wind up useless in long term power outages. this why i tell everyone to avoide the font expolites but they dont listion.

i will say the mech assalt font expolites do have the best chance of pulling out of the loop if your dead set on using them. most poeple report abought 4 loops befor it pulls out.

but what relly we need are expolites updated to the newer dashes.

djenve

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »

My version of the clock loop does not cause the xbox to reboot, but causes games to freeze on loading.  I know this because I can run avalaunch to fix the date settings and then the games load up fine.  Would the THC dashboard, which allows date/time access eliminate this loop?  I am also using the big fonts hack.  Sorry for bein a noob!

djenve

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2004, 08:09:00 AM »

maybe this is not the clock loop, but being that it only happens with certain games when the box is unplugged for long periods of time, that is what it appears to be.  I've seen a box w/ the reboot clock loop also and learned that an ethernet cable is definitely the simplest way around this (unless of course you use the audio exploit).  Also, can anyone point me in the direction of information on the audio exploit that loads automatically and does not require an audio CD every time, as this may be the best option for future mods.

ftothe3

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (djenve @ Mar 25 2004, 05:09 PM)
Also, can anyone point me in the direction of information on the audio exploit that loads automatically and does not require an audio CD every time, as this may be the best option for future mods.

its just called the swapless or sl audio exploit. found in the usual places.