xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Audio Exploit  (Read 230 times)

luminous

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2004, 04:12:00 AM »

Excuse my noobness,how do iSign evoxdash.xbe with the -audio key? blink.gif  thanks

Tsjibbe

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2004, 04:27:00 AM »

use the command xbedump evoxdash.xbe -audio

luminous

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »

I installed this fine to my mates xbox,and wanted to update another xbox so deleted c: and left gamesaves on e,copied over all the working files from his hd(with this hacked st.cool.gif.It was working fine for anight but now it isnt.
Can you this hack mess up at all by wrong button presses ? is there a limited number of tries before it does? Can i still use an audio cd to boot evox?
I`m getting the `too many soundtracks` message now.
Should i delete all gamesaves before i do this hack?
Thanks

Grospolina

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2004, 07:04:00 AM »

You can corrupt the hack by turning on the Xbox without the A/V cable plugged in, and then plugging the cable in (which will then boot the Xbox).

To fix it, replace the ST.DB file.

If you're using the old swapless audio hack (the one that loads E:\linux.xbe), then you can corrupt it by copying the blank soundtrack over itself (instead of copying it to a new soundtrack).

To get rid of this problem, get the stable swapless audio hack (see 4th post).

luminous

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2004, 02:34:00 AM »

Curiosity got the better of the kid i done it for and he tried to go online and the dash got updated(even tho he isnt and never will be connected to live hehe) so that was the problem.
I wonder if there is anything i can do software wise to stop him doing that again?.
Thanks Grospelina that works a treat,and thanks to all the helpful gurus around here. beerchug.gif

Grospolina

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2004, 05:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (luminous @ Apr 16 2004, 05:27 AM)
Curiosity got the better of the kid i done it for and he tried to go online and the dash got updated(even tho he isnt and never will be connected to live hehe) so that was the problem.
I wonder if there is anything i can do software wise to stop him doing that again?.
Thanks Grospelina that works a treat,and thanks to all the helpful gurus around here. beerchug.gif

No problem.  However, there's not much you can do.  X2 4981 and above will prevent you from logging onto Xbox Live, but it doesn't prevent you from updating from disc (which many games have).  I've heard that using the MechInstaller fonts prevents updates, but I don't see how that can be true.

krayzie

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2004, 06:00:00 AM »

I've heard that using the MechInstaller fonts prevents updates, but I don't see how that can be true.

Maybe it's not a specific mech fonts thing. Maybe all fonts block upgradings from games cuz when you try to create a live acount it goes to a msdash and tries to load the original fonts and then hangs.
I know for sure that mech fonts do indeed prevent upgradings.

Edit: Last week there was some guy trying to update his dash with bigfonts installed thinking this would solve some dashboard error but it wouldn't upgrade but was giving errors errors instead just like I experience with the mechfonts.  

This post has been edited by krayzie: Apr 16 2004, 01:04 PM

Grospolina

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2004, 06:07:00 AM »

That might be it.  I didn't think that it would go to the dashboard when updating it, but I can understand if it did.

krayzie

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2004, 06:12:00 AM »

That's probably cus the screen that you see when it is updating (with the scrolling bar) is a part of the old dash that still uses the fonts. After that screen the new dash will be booted. Now this screen would hang when the fonts aren't there(or modified) Doesn't that sound like a nice theory?

Xboxhakur_band

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »

dashupdate.xbe uses the fonts from C:\.
That is why exploited fonts appear to prevent updates.
Place exploited fonts in the root of C: and dashupdate will crash before doing anything.

jay_sison

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2004, 10:27:00 AM »

so, if i wanted to use this with evox, should i change anything in evox.ini?

krayzie

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »

what do you mean? What do you want to use and what do you want to change?

dashupdate.xbe uses the fonts from C:\.
That is why exploited fonts appear to prevent updates.
Place exploited fonts in the root of C: and dashupdate will crash before doing anything.

I never changed any fonts in the root of C: and it crashed anyway so are you sure it uses that fonts and not the fonts in the fonts folder?

jay_sison

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »

i mean, you need to rename the linux.xbe to exploit right? should i change "linux.xbe" in the evox.ini to "exploit"?

krayzie

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

the exploit file is just the name the audio hack points to. This has nothing to do with evox.ini. If you want to let the audio hack point to evox you need to rename evoxdash.xbe to exploit.
Pages: 1 [2]