xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Audio Exploit  (Read 229 times)

emko

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« on: January 15, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »

is there a audio exploit that doesnt mess up if u press a wrong button . i dont like to keep installing

Jesper64

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 09:40:00 AM »

Are you referring to the swapless audio hack and accidentitally not saving it as new track?

If so, if you are scared you can use the CD audio hack. This will require you to insert an audio CD and try and copy it. But as far as I know this cannot be stuffed up by pressing any wrong buttons.

Anyway its not that hard, you get used to it. And to reinstall it you just need to ftp using the game save and then copy a back up ST.db

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (Jesper64 @ Jan 15 2004, 07:40 PM)
Are you referring to the swapless audio hack and accidentitally not saving it as new track?

If so, if you are scared you can use the CD audio hack. This will require you to insert an audio CD and try and copy it. But as far as I know this cannot be stuffed up by pressing any wrong buttons.

Anyway its not that hard, you get used to it. And to reinstall it you just need to ftp using the game save and then copy a back up ST.db

yup, the swapless hack(just A-down-A-down-A-right-right-A-A-A) with a MechInstaller emergency linux fallback with gamesave seems to be safest and easiest way to launch linux(well other things like PBL too but that requires more works), until a sure fix has been found for the font hack clock loop problem.

Grospolina

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »

Actually, there is one that doesn't screw up when you do the wrong sequence.  As far as I know, it can only be found in this thread:

New Audio Exploit.

It's encoded text.
1. Paste it into Notepad and save as "newaudio.uue".
2. Use WinZip to open it and extract UNKNOWN.001.
3. Rename it to "newaudio.rar" and unrar it.

Also, on your Xbox, rename E:\linux.xbe to E:\exploit.  This is very important!

JBNinja99

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 11:34:00 AM »

why must you rename e:\linux.xbe to e:\exploit?

krayzie

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »

Cuz the other audio hack refered to e:\linux.xbe and this one refers to e:\exploit.
great hack by the way.

oblox

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 01:19:00 PM »

Because when you fuck up the exploit it increases the last letter in the filename (within it) by one character xbe, xbf, xbg ....

So in this way your leaving a space between the last character (which it increases) and the filename you want to load.... which it seems to not care about.
e:\linux.xbe, e:\linux.xbf, e:\linux.xbg... (12 characters)
and the new one leaves a space between the filename and the last character which is incrimented
e:\exploit (10 characters)

afon

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2004, 04:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (oblox @ Feb 16 2004, 11:19 PM)
Because when you fuck up the exploit it increases the last letter in the filename (within it) by one character xbe, xbf, xbg ....

Thats odd. Thanks for explaining, I didnt know that   wink.gif

Brazilianaire

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »

Mordenkainen @ Dec 21 2003, 06:09 PM wrote:
Ok... here is how to do it. It's kinda touchy, so I will post an update later that should make it easier, but if you want to now, this is how to do it yourself.

1. Boot to MXM.
2. FTP e:tdatafffe0000musicst.hk to your PC.
3. Open st.hk in a hex editor.
4. You should find 2 instances of e:PBLP.xbe in the file.
5. change both instances to e:PBLP. Replace the .xbe with 00's (NULLS).
6. Save the file.
7. FTP e:PBLP.xbe to your PC.
8. Rename the copy of p.xbe on your PC to P
9. Ftp P to e:PBL on the xbox
10. FTP st.hk back to e:tdatafffe0000music, overwriting the one there.
11. Rename the st.hk on your PC to ST.DB
12. FTP st.db to e:tdatafffe0000music, overwriting the one there.

BE VERY CAREFULL! If you mess up the hex edits, or do not upload the P file, the audio exploit will no longer function and you will have to boot the gamesave to try to fix things.

Now, after doing this you should not see a difference, when you fat finger the button combo you will get the same error message as usual. But, you can go back and do the button combo again and it will work. In the past doing this broke the exploit so it would NOT work if you went back and did it again. I have even tried this actually ripping a CD, and it still works.

Good luck!

Morden.

this is on page 62 of Morden's monster of a thread on his audiohack.  A lot of people are running his package judging by that thread's popularity - Grospolina I've seen your posts and was intrigued by this, because Morden has a life now a few things are now outdated.  I'm posting here because 1)navigating that thread is a pain and 2) this thread uses the -audio key, morden's pack uses the habibi Right?

I tried the method in this thread, got error 21s(signature? missing file, my mistake?).  I then tried Morden's way and came up with 2 scenarios.  First was that my ST.DB referred to D:\PBL\P.XBE instead of E:\ - changing it to plain "P   " made the xbox restart when I ran through the button combo.  Changing to E:\ along w/dropping the extension gave me error 21

Finally, ST.DB, ST.HK, and ST.OR are all supposed to be the same size and contain the same info right?  Mine is about 51kb or so, I've noticed when my audio hack gets corrupted one of the 3 becomes 54kb(I have other problems using Morden's audio exploit menu to install/remove/reinstall, but that seems to be actionscripts)

1 thing at a time - How do I get this fat finger fix working?   Then how do I package it in the bond directory for my memory card?

JBNinja99

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2004, 06:23:00 AM »

another question grospolina. if i do this on a 5530 box, PBL won't be on it. so what would i do about renaming the default.xbe to exploit? should i still apply it or will this method not work with a 5530 box?

moondro

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »

oops wrong post.

This post has been edited by moondro: Mar 11 2004, 05:32 PM

Brazilianaire

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2004, 07:50:00 AM »

A couple days later and I've figured it out.  Here are some clearer instructions on how to make Morden's V3 Exploit use the new ST.DB which doesn't become corrupted when you mess it up.

1) Find a copy of Mordens_Audio_hack_007_V3.zip or Mordens_Audio_hack_MA_V3.zip

2) Extract either Bondsave.zip or MASave.zip

3) Extract Default.xbe to a temp folder from Udata\4d530017\62d648ebf155\ for Mech Assault or \Udata\4541000d\000000000000\ for Bondsave.

4) Extract St.db to a temp folder from Udata\4d530017\62d648ebf155\audio for Mech Assault or \Udata\4541000d\000000000000\audio for Bondsave.

5) Rename Default.xbe to plane "P" - if you don't see an .xbe in explorer make sure visible extensions are turned on.

6) Fire up a hex editor and open ST.db.  There are 2 instances of d:\pbl\p.xbe
In the data field enter 00 00 00 in offsets 410 411 412, and 00 00 00 in offsets 826 827 826.  It should now read d:\pbl\p.  Three sets of zeros for each instance, the . after d:\pbl\p matters and should not be changed.  Save the file.

7) FTP "P" to e:\PBl\   and FTP the edited ST.DB to e:\tdata\fffe0000\music\
7note) P.xbe and P. are both needed in E:\PBl\ for the exploit to work

8) Make a backup of ST.DB in a different folder, then Rename ST.DB ST.HK, FTP ST.HK to e:\tdata\fffe0000\music\    Then backup ST.HK.  Then Rename ST.HK to ST.OR and ftp it to e:\tdata\fffe0000\music\ - back it up as well with the other 2 ST files and P. file

9) Enjoy fat finger fix

A few things here to clear up:  Do not change d:\pbl\p to e:\pbl\p, you will get either an error 21 blackscreen or xbox will reboot itself.  Using the ST.DB from the zip file rules out the possibility of a contaminated ST.DB.  

This audio exploit only gets corrupted from inserting the AV/Pack after the Xbox is powered on.  If this does happen than you will have to use Morden's remove Audio Exploit, then install again, then ftp back over the edited files.  Simply placing the edited ST.DB in the udata/x/x/audio folder will not do since the install package does not create a P. file in /PBL.

o lckMrk o

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »

Please not curse me like people thst answere questions in the monstrous orden's tred saying "Read the tread with almost 100 pages!!! tongue.gif

I was used the Morden's MA audio exploit and I was get the MA game of a friend for install the exploit,
after install it I try to boot with the button comb but I get the error 21
it means that I have a corrupted st.db file?

an other Q… if I want to use the EvolutionX instead MXM, which files need to edit??
THX biggrin.gif

Grospolina

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (JBNinja99 @ Mar 10 2004, 10:23 AM)
another question grospolina. if i do this on a 5530 box, PBL won't be on it. so what would i do about renaming the default.xbe to exploit? should i still apply it or will this method not work with a 5530 box?

The audio exploit simply loads the file "E:\exploit", whether it's PBL or not.  If you want to load EvoX, for instance, then do this:

1. Move all EvoX files to E:\.  The subdirectories will be E:\Skin, E:\Trainers, etc.
2. Sign evoxdash.xbe with the -audio key.
3. Rename "out.xbe" to "exploit".
4. Place it as "E:\exploit".

You can do this with any dash or program you want.  It just has to be in E:\.

igotgame

• Archived User
Audio Exploit
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2004, 08:03:00 PM »

I have the audio hack setup where my dash files are on C: and NOT E:
I have avalaunch booting instead of EVOX or MXM.

I also have a rar files I packaged myself that is basically an AUDIO EXPLOIT for dummies. Tells you exactly where each file goes and what to name them if they need to be changed.

It's basically a "you can't screw this up" rar file.

This is for cd-less or cd audio hack.

wish I could post it here for you, but I can't..heh
Pages: [1] 2