xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Can I Run Phoenix Bios Loader And Use Retail Bios?  (Read 274 times)

TB_88

• Archived User
Can I Run Phoenix Bios Loader And Use Retail Bios?
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2004, 06:19:00 AM »

try a retail copy of a live game on live after u have loaded a retail bios with PBL plz...
I want to know if it works...

JBNinja99

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2004, 07:25:00 AM »

first thing i have to do is get a retail bios to load from pbl with audio. when i tried it it gave me an error screen.

i posted a question concerning this topic in the live forum. of course it got flamed because 'backups will never work on live'.

but i did get some interesting feedback. i guess you DO have to media patch the game. but by doing that you change the signature of the game. and if you do in fact get a retail bios to work, you'd have to sign the games xbe with -audio. doing that also changes the signature of the game.

i'll still try loading a retail bios from pbl.

another thing though, should it be retail bios or retail bfm bios?

JBNinja99

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2004, 01:39:00 PM »

now should i load a retail bfm bios or a regular bios.

and should i sign the game?
should i media patch it?

PiP

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2004, 08:08:00 AM »

There was a 1 byte discrepancy with the retail BFM BIOS's created with XBTool (had to do with showing the logo on boot), but this was fixed quite a few versions ago

Does that mean that the BFM retail bios's that are available at xb*ins are good and have been fixed?

riceboy004

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2004, 05:16:00 PM »

has anyone tried this out yet? (launching a retail bios w/ pbl and going on live, that is) i would, cept that i dont have a live account

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2004, 03:02:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2004, 03:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (warbeast @ Jan 14 2004, 01:02 AM)
i've used my retail bios with pbl because i cant be asked to get up and turn the mod chip off and it works fine biggrin.gif

You sure about that?
So i got my old unflashable homebrew chip,  i can use pbl to load a retail bios then go on live?

JBNinja99

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2004, 07:05:00 AM »

i tried launching a retail bfm bios with pbl using the audio hack. it booted me to the ms dash. haven't tried it again since...lazyness...

julio9

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2004, 08:00:00 AM »

Oh, and I have a V1.1 box with a 120 GB maxtor drive, a Matrix Modchip, and I was testing with Hunter: Redeemer.

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2004, 08:28:00 AM »

When you load the audio hack you alter the bios so you will be banned when you connect to live. It doesn't matter if you load pbl or just a game.
And for preventing updatings I discovered last week that the mechinstaller fonts do prevent updates when you try to connect to live. I only tested this yet with like 15 games till now and they all hang before the update occur.

julio9

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2004, 08:59:00 AM »

I didn't realize that the hacks actually modified the BIOS currently in RAM.  I have played on Live since my experiments, and haven't been banned.  Maybe they just missed me if that is the case.  Or maybe since I never got beyond the update screen, I never got checked.  Either way, I thought I was pretty bright at the time.

The reason for using PBL to load a retail bios is exactly what you mentioned: a flashed TSOP.

While I know PBL requires a BFM bios, I've heard 1.3.5i doesn't require the BFM flag.  This was the version I was planning on using.  Any word on it?  Maybe we could get warbeast to enlighten us.  He claimed to have it working fine.
Pages: 1 2 [3]