xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Font Exploit Clock Fix  (Read 165 times)

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
Font Exploit Clock Fix
« on: December 22, 2003, 07:20:00 AM »

If it was this easy it would have been fixed a long time ago.

This MAY work to pull you out of the clock loop. But it won't work every time. It works because it introduces a delay in the boot cycle, but is it enough? Not usually.

Morden.

bbjk

• Archived User
Font Exploit Clock Fix
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 11:36:00 AM »

hmm... once it booted to evox, why do we have to access the original msdashboard to set the clock again? i thought the bert and ernie reloaded font will automatically set the clock for you once it's fully loaded to evox??? or does the clock that the reloaded font set is another one...

xilicio

• Archived User
Font Exploit Clock Fix
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 12:09:00 PM »

Reloaded sets the time...to when it was released
It sets it to July 4 I think

ps2wiz

• Archived User
Font Exploit Clock Fix
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 01:55:00 PM »

So does the reloaded version fix this?

PURDooM

• Archived User
Font Exploit Clock Fix
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 03:50:00 PM »

wait wait wait... when my box starts up with a dvd in the drive (movie dvd) it wont't start evox, it will just loop over and over trying to start msdash (no green back, no nothing).  Do i need to get bert and ernie reloaded?

On another note, does bert and ernie reloaded run *all* unsigned code?  I modified the msdash using some xtf hex edit to xft hack and that works, but if i uses reloaded fonts i get error 21 running that, as well as my linux loader (but not pheonix bios loader) from evox...

igotgame

• Archived User
Font Exploit Clock Fix
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 05:06:00 PM »

guys the best combination I have found in many trial and error attempts is this combination:

PBL 1.3 Complete Signed
Bert and Ernie Reloaded

I have left boxes unplugged for days and they not loop..friends unplug theirs all the time and no loop..

and the way I was fixing the loop when I was testing different combination was by hooking the xbox to my router..after about 5-10 resets it would boot to evox...this seems to be a method to come out of the clock loop...just hook it to a router that is hooked to a pc...it will then reset maybe 5-10 times..then boot to evox..it gathers the date/time from your PC thus making it work properly again

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Font Exploit Clock Fix
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 05:18:00 PM »

i dont see how what you are booting effects the loop...
i may try this in a few days, when i get my 2nd hdd, so i can get out of the hdd.

bbjk

• Archived User
Font Exploit Clock Fix
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 05:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (igotgame @ Dec 23 2003, 03:06 AM)
guys the best combination I have found in many trial and error attempts is this combination:

PBL 1.3 Complete Signed
Bert and Ernie Reloaded

I have left boxes unplugged for days and they not loop..friends unplug theirs all the time and no loop..

and the way I was fixing the loop when I was testing different combination was by hooking the xbox to my router..after about 5-10 resets it would boot to evox...this seems to be a method to come out of the clock loop...just hook it to a router that is hooked to a pc...it will then reset maybe 5-10 times..then boot to evox..it gathers the date/time from your PC thus making it work properly again

so by what you meant, once i got the reloaded font to boot to evox, then use the network cable to get the correct time, that would be it... which means i don't have to go back to the original ms dashboard to setup my clock right?

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Font Exploit Clock Fix
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 06:13:00 PM »

some times you cant sync (if the dns is bad, or somthing network related is foobar) so it's best to boot into msdash just to be safe

igotgame

• Archived User
Font Exploit Clock Fix
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2003, 06:28:00 PM »

EVOX automatically pulls the time/date from your PC..which is how it knows the correct time and date

so it just takes a second for it to sync with your PC...so it takes a few loops of your xbox..then boots to EVOX...

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Font Exploit Clock Fix
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2003, 06:35:00 PM »

except, evox doesnt boot during a clock loop

igotgame

• Archived User
Font Exploit Clock Fix
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2003, 07:12:00 PM »

well that doesn't matter...

because once connected to a router 99% of the time..it will eventually boot to EVOX and its because EVOX eventually had a split second to set the clock which is why it booted to EVOX in the first place

this is of course if evox is your dash, which it should be if your using the font exploit

Chicken Scratch Boy

• Archived User
Font Exploit Clock Fix
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2003, 07:32:00 PM »

igotgame: reffer to my previous post