xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Font Exploit Leads To Error 21 At Boot  (Read 153 times)

greenfellow

• Archived User
Font Exploit Leads To Error 21 At Boot
« on: November 09, 2003, 03:45:00 PM »

comeon guys I really need some help here, is there anything I can do to unlock my hdd and repair what went wrong?

afon

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2003, 04:38:00 PM »

Im not sure if hotswapping is possible right now or not...
but the dwelling answer to all of your softmodded problems is 'buy a mod-chip'.

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 04:40:00 PM »

Hotswap!

Hajaz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 03:11:00 AM »

i dont understand why people who dont have much experience with modding dont use the 077/MA hack rather then hotswapping. If you use an installer like mordens or woogers easyinstall its pretty much idiot-proof.

Anyway, i think you should be able to fix your xbox with the hotswap method, tho i never used it myself.
If you cant however, you could still get a modchip, witch would let you boot a diskbuilder like slayers

Arius

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 12:47:00 PM »

When i got error 21 biggrin.gif

I could hotswap

However, I had to be VERY fast to do it.

When the "MS" comes up below the flubber crap I had to rip it out.

If i was too slow and left it till the error screen, or even before it once the HDD was locked again.

Maybe its worth a shot.

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 01:50:00 PM »

turn on your xbox and wait about 3-5 sec,, thats all it takes, yank the cable of and plug it into your pc,,

also if you stop and listen the the hard drive while its in the xbox it boots, then makes a slight crunching,, then NORMALLLY would go into alot of crunching,, well right before the big crunching is when its unlocked, so typically right before the error 21 comes up its unlocked.

do you even see the green flubber screen ?

greenfellow

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 04:45:00 PM »

I unplugged the cdrom let it start and start flashing red/green (I cant plug it into the tvset and have it near my computer at the same time) then I started my pc and swapped ide cables and walla it was unlocked and I have access to it in hdd driver thanks a lot guys! The cdrom trick worked. Anyone know what caused this error in the first place so I can do the font exploit correctly until day after tomarrow when I should have my xbit? This is the first thing that I paid to have overnight delivery on lol.

Is the skins folder the cause of this? Is that what is required? I have the bert and ernie files in the fonts dir, the default.xbe in the system dir and the old xtf files named .old what am I missing?

lanvo

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 05:59:00 PM »

lol, oh my gosh, where is your evox.ini file!!! hehe biggrin.gifs...

anyways, did you rename the bert/ernie to xbox.xtf and xbox book.xtf???

the skin folder doesn't matter becuase evox has its own default skin plus the old original xbox font is just a backups, i have deleted it after i got my bert/ernie in place and it still works...

Xboxhakur

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2003, 06:18:00 PM »

later...

lanvo

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2003, 06:40:00 PM »

since you said you put your ernie/bert xtf font in the fonts folder, that must means you have a 4920 dashboard right?

and i just recheck to see if the evox.ini file is really needed and true, it is most likely not the causes of the error21 screen as if you run evox without the evox.ini file, the only thing that happen is your "Run DVD Game", "System Utils", and "Launch Menu" option is not avaliable in the evox menu biggrin.gifs...

anyways, what is your dashboard version, if so, try to put the bert/ernie font on your c: drive too which is system dir biggrin.gifs...

and don't worry about overwriting your original fonts as i can always send you mine...

last method now that you can use is try the xlinux method, as when i saw the hdd driver word in your post, lol biggrin.gif, you might be 1 out of a hundred people who can use it to view the xbox harddrive files with it biggrin.gifs...

greenfellow

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2003, 08:38:00 PM »

crap I put all the files back to normal, I deleted the bert and ernie stuff and the default.xbe and all that just so it would boot up normally and I'm just getting a loop. I turn it on and it goes through the ms animation starts to load the dashboard and restarts and does it all over again...wtf

greenfellow

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2003, 08:48:00 PM »

shit my backup isn't there anymore it must have been erased gaawwww I need to figure this out. I deleted bert and ernie but they are still shown on hdd driver only with longer file names and marked deleted in the properties, is that right? I replaced and renamed the ms font files and deleted evox.ini and default.xbe I don't know what's causing this...unless I deleted something else or something was corrupted during all this hot swapping I wish I had that damned backup

Hajaz

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2003, 02:12:00 AM »

can you boot games now?

lanvo

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2003, 12:13:00 PM »

did you rename original xbox .xtf font to it's correct name and extension yet?