xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Font Hack Helps...  (Read 90 times)

lanvo

• Archived User
Font Hack Helps...
« on: October 31, 2003, 03:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (EnigmusSnake @ Jul 13 2003, 03:57 PM)
Woohoo khirok about time this thread gets pinned.. congrats man.

Krisx. Fellow 4034 dashboard owner.

HDD Driver wasn't an option for my WinME OS. So luckily khirok has the perfect solution for aggravated users of HDD Driver.

You don't need the fonts folder that comes with dash 4920. Just backup the xbox.xtf and Xbox Book.xtf files in the root folder and copy over the exploited font files.

I didn't use the Free-X exploit nor the default.xbe file in it.

All I need was just the Bert is cheating on ernie exploit.

So copy over the Bert and Snuffleupagus files as xbox.xtf and Xbox Book.xtf as well as the default.xbe file with that exploit into the main root.

just don't touch the xboxdash.xbe folder as your xbox will boot that first and try to access the exploited font files. Those font files in return will direct to the default.xbe file.. took a while for me to realize how the process works.. other than that you should be able to load up evox perfectly.

One odd thing about this whole process though.. the bert is cheating on ernie exploit required that you needed a 4920 dash.. but i took the risk as well and had no problems.. if anything i think i had an advantage as that I was able to run the programs from xbins (xbmp.xcommander.a few emus) without even having to sign them with xbedump.

so good luck and tell me how yours runs.

so EnigmusSnake, can you tell me the exact linux codes command to type in to copy and move all this file to my x-box hard-drive?

I just got me the bert is cheating on ernie zip file and here are the folder and files in the zip:

Skin (folder)
bert.xtf
default.xbe
evox.ini
snuffleupagus.xtf

so, which file do i have to rename, and which file am i not gonna use...

I also have a dashboard 4034 too so the the original tutorials kinda confuse me biggrin.gifs...

so the "font" folder on the x-box hard-drive doesn't exist on dash 4034 right?

and by meaning the main root, which drive is that? is that drive c or e on the x-box harddrive?

and also, here is some question the original tutorials:

the linux commands didn't talk anything about the default.xbe

so, do i need to copy that over?

and when it say:

CODE
mv Xbox.xtf Xbox.old

CODE
mv "Xbox Book.xtf" "Xbox Book.old"

where does those two file get backup too...

what does "mv" and "mk" stands for?

and don't i need to rename the bert.xtf and snuffleupagus.xtf to "Xbox Book.xtf" and "Xbox Book.old" but why doesn't those command talk anything about it...