xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Mechinstaller-evox  (Read 1185 times)

LESTAT

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2003, 12:39:00 PM »

well for me,, after playing mech for a while it and being happy with my font/pbl xploit,, its unfortunate that mech assault was one of the game i traded in at Gamestop for Crimson skies,, i still have it on my hard drive though so i can just use that ill assume, unless im told otherwise, then ill just go to a el cheapo place and buy it used.

over all im anxious to see this baby,, and to be honest i mentioned about having LIVE renamed to "Whatever you want" and then have that open a submenu where it may list your apps and games, and then you click that catagory and it takes you into your games,, then you click the game you want, and it starts PBL and then launches the game instead of going to evox.. but of course evox would be one of the options,.

there is an app located at you know where that claims to be able to alter the msdash to your liking and allows you to have infinite submenu's ,, so maybe when this is out, ill grab that program and play around a bit.

LESTAT

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2003, 02:05:00 PM »

no

since its using PBL  we can only use PBL compliant bios's

4978.03  <-- i have yet to make this work  pbl loads and thats all.
Evox D6
Evox D6 Eject Fix
M7
M7 eject fix.

those are the only bios's that are compatable with pbl. why they dont make more,, i dont know,, i guess there may be no need to make more compatable.

bradthemac

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2003, 06:13:00 PM »

Why doesn't everyone just do a TSOP flash on their XBOX?  Its so much easier and much more reliable than anything else.  I'm not saying these exploits aren't the way to go cause i enjoy messing with them, but the TSOP flash is pretty good too.

Instuctions for TSOP

1. Put a dab of solder in between two points on two spots of the motherboard (pictures of this all over the forums)
2. Hook your xbox up to your pc
3. Load up the Mech Assault or 007 linux raincoat package
4. Telnet into your xbox at 192.68.0.64 and use the linux commands explained in the raincoat package to flash your bios.

(This does not require anyone with very good soldering skills.  All you have to do is heat up some solder put a little bit at the end of the tip and press lightly on the spot where the solder should go.  This is so much easier than soldering a mod chip, so if you have at least done that this should be no problem)

Oh and if anyone wants the files needed for this mechinstall-pbl hack just drop me an email at [email protected].  

(Not really a package but all the files and fonts with everything signed.  All you have to do is ftp them in the correct places and it will work.)

yodanut

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2003, 08:24:00 PM »

Put a dab of solder in...

That's why everyone isn't TSOP flashing. Sure, it may be easy, but if there's a completely reversible way to achieve the same result without messing with the hardware then why not go for that method?

mkjones

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2003, 02:02:00 AM »

1. Put a dab of solder in between two points on two spots of the motherboard (pictures of this all over the forums)

OR use a conductive pen, no need for solder..

But there is no going back after this, sure you can flash back to the M$ bios, but thats hassle..

LESTAT

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2003, 01:17:00 PM »

jesper you have NOT opened your xbox,, ??
you have not removed the screws ??  you have not taken the lid off ??

cuz if you did any of those you got no more warrenty,.

you dont have to mod it you dont have to pee on it,, you dont have to do anything,,  the minute you take the screws out,, or peel back the stickers to get at the screws,, pfpfpfppfpfffff  your toast,,

send it into M$ for service and see what happens when they see the stickers over the screws peeled back ,, guess what you get a letter say no more warrenty or phone call or whatever.
are you going to argue with M$ ??  sure maybe,, will they believe you ? no

jim2011

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2003, 01:48:00 PM »

Xboxhackur,

Great work.  Hopefully we can get a package of it soon.  I've been using the custom soundtrack exploit for months.  I just got True Crime and am tired of its crappy soundtrack.  Your installer sounds like the best deal.  Then I would be able to use custom soundtracks.

Also, just to be clear, are you saying your package will be able to install and uninstall the audio exploit.  So if we are gonna leave it unplugged, we can just copy over the audio exploit and uninstall the font exploit?

Edit: To those suggesting a TSOP flash.  No thanks, I'd rather have a dual bios modchip when xbox-wired.com gets back up, reason them is because I can only pay by paypal.  I'm thinking about getting the 39.99 chameleon with solderless adapter.  I want to be able to play on xbox live with the retail bios and copied (my own backups) games on a hacked bios.

LESTAT

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2003, 03:26:00 PM »

you don't have to open the xbox to mod it. no need to peel off the label or touch thouse screws at all so you can still keep the warranty

i know i said what i did so he would clarify whether he did a mech assault exploit or opened the box.

technically you hack it,, no warrenty..
i would HOPE to god that if something happened and it got sent in for service that the person would restore the original partition status.
it would have to be done thru cdrom or dvd and copy the contents to your partitions and then reboot.

they find any evidense of exploits font audio mech or 007 and i guarentee you your warrenty is toast.

anjilslaire

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »

Yup. Hair dryer works well.

Jesper64

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2003, 09:09:00 PM »

Does it get the sticker of in mint condition? I've heard of it creasing and stuff cause its metallic.

LESTAT

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2003, 05:57:00 AM »

lalalal stick to the subject lol  lalala installer lol lalala i wanna this beast,, lalalala,, im bored on this saturday morning.. lalalala.
god mystery science theater 3000 is annoying ,,

atom_bomb

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2003, 05:27:00 PM »

wow, i have read everything in this forum basically, and i am so damned confused on what to do with this, i understand how it worx and such, but whatever i do, iit seems to be wrong.  i would LOVE a package on you know where, or even if sum1 that has this working could just send me a copy of there c and e drive, that would be AMAZING. if you got this working, my msn is [email protected] and my aol is BertAndErnieRelo.
Right now i got the font hacks running smooth, but i hate the clock loop, even though it kicked out within 20 minutes, its such a pain.

well im out for now, i am usually around everyday...simply because im bored in school.
newayz, thanks for ne help that can be offered, and keep up the good work.

Atom_Bomb

bbjk

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »

what!!! your everytime you power on your xbox, it loops for 20min and then it load to evox dashboard!!!

man, that's is a hella pain, mine only loop for 2 - 3 times and it will load to evox everytime...

how can yours goes up to 20min??? what fonts are you using? so far, the reloaded is the best font that i have use... original bert and ernie and big font aren't that good...

atom_bomb

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2003, 08:14:00 AM »

no no no, what i meant was that when i unplugged my xbox for a long period of time it would loop for like 20 minutes then eventually grab a time from my router or my laptop.
btw im using reloaded fonts

LESTAT

• Archived User
Mechinstaller-evox
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2003, 12:21:00 PM »

wow, i have read everything in this forum basically, and i am so damned confused on what to do with this

atam i can feel for ya bro 100%

there are some AWESOME tutorials here but the threads are not locked, and the threads get filled up with people having problem after problem and in the end when youve read it your so confused you dont know what to do.

i for one tried the mech installer and it didnt install anything it sat at 100% done for like 15 min and didnt do anyhting i rebooted and weas stuck in an infiinite clock loop meaning it would not come out of the loop.

i for one have only seen xboxhakurs installer work for a few people.
there are still things that need to be clarified.
there are 2 fonts floating around here and one works and one dont.
so be warned.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]