xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbox Dead After Hot Swap?  (Read 228 times)

xboxSlayer

• Archived User
Xbox Dead After Hot Swap?
« on: October 06, 2003, 07:57:00 AM »

Are you using the fonts exploit? Mabey try hotswapping you drive again and re-installing the fonts.

EnigmusSnake

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 09:19:00 AM »

It never spins down. And do you think there is no activity going on during a bunch of clock loops?

Just hotswap at the moment the Miicrosoft Logo appears under the X logo.

modestrabbit

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 10:04:00 AM »

And do you think there is no activity going on during a bunch of clock loops

So the fact that my Xbox is looping means that my hard drive is not dead?

Just hotswap at the moment the Miicrosoft Logo appears under the X logo.

Does that mean I take the Xbox IDE cable out right as the logo appears and I must have the PC IDE cable in before the animation starts?

EnigmusSnake

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2003, 10:46:00 AM »

Lolz no it's not dead it wouldn't start period and give you an error.

Umm the flubber animation is always before the X logo. When you hotswap unplug the xbox ide from the xbox hdd at the moment the word Miicrosoft appears. Then pop in your PC ide all the while the X logo screen is still there.

modestrabbit

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 07:23:00 PM »

So the fact that the LED flashes green to red and there is nothing on the screen after my Xbox comes out of the clock loop doesn't have anything to do with my hot swap?

rocketeer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2003, 12:44:00 AM »

Are you sure this is the clock loop?? I had exactly the same kind of looping as you when I put bicoe fonts on a 1.1 box. A few loops until it just stopped with red/green flashing led - no error message. Can you boot with a game CD inserted?
Mine was solved with using bigfonts instead...

modestrabbit

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2003, 01:31:00 PM »

It seems that it is indeed in a clock loop since it is like the ones I have eventually come out of before. It does the same thing whether or not I have a game in the drive. I am fairly certain that I have Phoenix Bios Loader and Bigfonts on the hard drive and I have a 1.0 box. I am positive that I am not using Bert is Cheating on Ernie Fonts. It doesn't come out of the loop after just a few times, but instead after at least a good half of a day. It still seems odd that this started to happen after I tried a hot swap...I did leave it unplugged, however it always came out into Phoenix when it looped before (not just a blank screen). Did yours do this after you had tried a hot swap? Did you use a hot swap to fix your problem? Any other ideas?

modestrabbit

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2003, 12:22:00 PM »

Another odd thing that happens during the clock loop is that it will sometimes turn off altogether for a second, then turn back on again on its own. I do not know if these is becuase I screwed up my hard drive while trying to perform a hotswap, or it has something to do with a botched phoenix install I was trying to fix (I missed a file or two so it was just hanging with a picture of a phoenix when I turned it on). Any advice?

stanneh

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2003, 12:35:00 PM »

check your evox.ini file if any IGR=Yes it will make phoenix bios loader freese just as you say it is for you allways have IGR=No when your using pbl or it freezes hope this helps if not nevermind smile.gif

modestrabbit

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2003, 01:20:00 PM »

check your evox.ini file if any IGR=Yes it will make phoenix bios loader freese just as you say it is for you allways have IGR=No when your using pbl or it freezes hope this helps if not nevermind

That could very well help, but I am wondering as to what my next step should be since my Xbox will not boot into anything at all. (After a million clock loops I just get a red and green flashing LED and a blank TV screen.) Should I just try to hot swap again? Is there anything else I can do? Did I botch my hard drive with the hot swap?

stanneh

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »

i would have hot swopped it by now and renamed the font files and rename the extentions of the bert and erni font exploits so u can boot your xbox and then sort the clock under msdash then maybe do the exploit back via hot swop just for 1 purpose to get ftp access and use the audio exploit you can just forget about the clock loops then remember to delete the font exploits after installing the audio hack so your msdash is standard again.

modestrabbit

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2003, 02:45:00 PM »

Okay...so I guess I will try hot swapping again. So I presume the best place to do the hot swap is when the MS logo appears?

stanneh

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2003, 03:03:00 PM »

damn god knows dude i guess listen to anything thats worked for others,

good luck.

modestrabbit

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2003, 03:10:00 PM »

u dont happen to have a backup of the c drive do ya?

Yes, I do actually. Getting it back onto my hard drive is an issue though...

stanneh

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2003, 03:46:00 PM »

u dont need to u just need your lock/unlock code for your hard drive that way you can unlock it in dos and you dont need to hot swop it u can just plug it in to your pc boot to dos and run unlockx then unlock it with the hdd lock/unlock  key u will find in your C:backup folder.
Pages: [1] 2