xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Live 2.0 Mess Up Exploits?  (Read 237 times)

.:**:.

• Archived User
Live 2.0 Mess Up Exploits?
« on: August 09, 2003, 08:04:00 PM »

I dont think they will becouse the exploit is in the game mostly.

dubey

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2003, 08:10:00 PM »

MS will probably try to fix it, but im sure that they will find another way to hack it.

rahula

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2003, 08:18:00 PM »

M$ could mysteriously pre-loaded the patch on one of the popular game and patch the exploit like they usually do sneeky ways. Hopefully not.  mad.gif

NerdENerd

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2003, 10:10:00 PM »

Of course it will mess up the exploits. They will implement a buffer checks on fonts, simple, they will do it, no doubt about it.
Plus if they check saves for Mech Assult and 007 for exploits to make it impossible to copy the saves from memory card it would not surprise me either.

Ridley

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2003, 10:15:00 PM »

So what? You can just wipe clean whatever M$ does, and go back to your old settings.

vintage_guitar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2003, 10:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ridley @ Aug 10 2003, 07:15 AM)
So what? You can just wipe clean whatever M$ does, and go back to your old settings.

really..not like they can insert an invisible file stopping you from restoring your backup

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2003, 12:26:00 PM »

*bump* laugh.gif

SeQr

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2003, 12:31:00 PM »

Well it could be possible indeed that the patch is pre loaded on one of the games. I was backing up my KoToR to my HD this afternoon. Afterwards I logged in with FTP (I have a modchip and Evox but, I know how this Dashboard exploit works) and I found in the base map of KoToR a file with the name dashupdate.xbe. I don't know everything about this exploit, but could this be one of those dashboard updates that will render this exploit useless? Please tell me. (P.S I've just been away 4 weeks I missed a lot of news so maybe someone else already found this and it didn't mean anything I don't know) So you tell me.

SeQr

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2003, 12:55:00 PM »

Furthermore it's very likely MS will fix the exploit with "Live 2.0" I mean it's very easy to fix, just with a simple download that is going to have to be downloaded in order to play live again.

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2003, 01:48:00 PM »

BuDUMP

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2003, 04:05:00 PM »

Hey, I think there is a bug in the forum SW with polls.....

I did a null vote just to see what the current results were, and now it won't let me make a real vote! That sucks, NULLS shouldn't lock you out....

In any case, it won't effect me as I don't play on live... Unless they start slapping it on games!

liu511

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2003, 05:19:00 PM »

anyone have an idea what would happen if i delete that file?

eyric101

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2003, 05:03:00 AM »

Well, first thing you have to do is get MS to acknowledge the bug.  Judging by their track record, its going to be a while.  I've been out of the community for a while, however, from what i understand, MS hasn't exactly been proactive about preventing modchips.  I think they even said their only concern was maintaining the integrity of their precious live service (Which is a joke anyway and PS2's (saten's) new broad band ready adapter will blow live away anyway).  And most of us have xbconnect so live can bite me.  If for some reason M$ put out a fix within a game or every game for that matter, How long until the community patched those games not to auto update the dash.  I mean damn, the DTV community puts out a patch daily to combast dave and his hashes. The font, save game, and audio exploits were one of the best things that could happened to the community.  More of the tentitive software hackers out there will surely get involved now that they don't have to void their warrenty's.  Come on you Linux Geeks, you know you want to.

SeQr

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2003, 05:48:00 AM »

Well let's get back to that dashupdate.xbe file on the KoToR disc. Might this really be one of those updates, if yes, I don't care I don't use the exploit, but one problem I use Evox and the backup on my HD says my disc is damaged or requires cleaning, might this be because the M$ Dashboard can't be upgraded, cause I use Evox, I get the same problem with my DVD of KoToR.And would It be a problem if I delete the file????

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2003, 06:43:00 AM »

He I'am noob with modding. and I also found the dashupdate.xbe I selected it and the xbox started to updating the dashboard (Yaer I know that was stuppid). Now everytime when I start my xbox the original dashboard starts. I still can play backup games only Evox don't start anymore. Can somebody please help me how I can fix this?!I know I am a noob but you have to start someday. I have a new modded Xbox V1.1/ Xecuter 2.2 Pro/ with samsung DVD-Drive/ Samsung Spinpoint V60 1204H 120 Gb HD/ata 100 cable/ Evox ect. I have it only for 3 days now and I already fucked it up....Please anybody

Thanks

Now what dose that have to do with this post?
Pages: [1] 2