xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Easy Phoenix Install - Goes Gui!  (Read 860 times)

wd-40

• Archived User
Easy Phoenix Install - Goes Gui!
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2003, 09:54:00 PM »

Question to author:

I am a noobie at the patches.  This is what I have and wanting to do.  I just got your v3 release of easy install.  Nice ideas but, confused on some things that were never explained.

I have a used refurb v1.1 xbox
ms memory card
007 auf org game
pc
crossover cable
2 nic cards
win xp sp1

Okay, I installed the software for xp os and installed the vbruntime installer.  I hooked up my crossover cable to the xbox and to one of my nic cards.  The tcp/ip configuration is setup to obtain information on that nic card.  I have rebooted my computer and started the xbox.  I didn't know if I needed to let is sleep or not but, I did.  I loaded up your software and I see where there was audio/font hack and mech/007.  I knew before there was the 007 hack and run the evo-x dash everytime it starts.  Which is what I want.  I don't want to put in any audio cd or anything else to crash the system.  Does the audio or font hack have to be applied and was this always the case or just with your release?  Or am I mistaken and choosing the 007 hack will do the patch that I am refering to?  On with the rest which I'm sure 90% of everyone else is stuck at.

Okay, I just restarted the pc and turned on the xbox.  Loaded the easy installer v3.  It won't let me uncheck font or if i click on audio.  Are one of these needed and which one is to be used for auto loading of evo-x or enable dvd-r play?  I click on 007 exploit.  Here is my first question.  What is the ip configuration of a new unmodded xbox to be clear?  Do I use static or dhcp configuration?  If static, what are the settings?  On new dashboard i load evolution-x which is only one but, cool.  I click on autostart dvd and games.  Do I want the modified ms-dash check still installing the evo-x dash in the new dashboard or no or would this just modify both?  For available bios i choose the x2 one you only have listed and choose color green...  What do I do next.. I assume backup would be the first choosen one but, would I create a exploit drive content first or install now? Do I do both or just one?  I would imagine it would do it's thing and be done and restart xbox and that's it.

Please list or tell anything done wrong with this or missing.  With your help I will help you write full detail doc and also, you need a new host provider and I can help you there as well...

Please let me know what's up or anyone else that can help.. new to these crap and little confused on some beginning and missing information that I want before I screw anything up being in a hurry... thx..

Hajaz

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2003, 02:05:00 AM »

wd-40: how are you going to get the 007:auf evox gamesave on your memorycard?
without that i dont see how woogers gui could instal the exploit..
The xbox needs to be set up as an ftp server first

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2003, 07:31:00 PM »

where did you get v3 from?

On his website it only has v1.

Has this project died/moved?

Agent Orange

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2003, 03:20:00 PM »

I can't even get the website up.... I think it may be a dead project...

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2003, 03:22:00 PM »

I got the website last night, i think its running on the guys 56k modem.

I was downloading v1 at 0.4kb/s

chris1712

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2003, 06:57:00 AM »

anyone got another download link cos i cant get dl speeds above 2kbps at max. and im on 512k

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2003, 02:11:00 PM »

I think thats because the author is on 56k dial-up, at least thats what i read somewhere.

It would be good if this was totally customizable, to install your own personal files/exploits etc..

Wooger

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »

Hello everyone!

Sorry for such a long time no hear type situation but this project is not dead.  Though for the last few months I have had absolutely no time to work on it.  I do have future plans for it and hope to get around to working on it.  If someone else would like to help out and work on it feel free.  I can send them any source code (though its in the distro) and my ideas.  

As to ddaddys post about the dial up.  Yes me and the family moved into our first house and were we moved (good old germantown) there is no high speed available.  I am working on updating the site and just now getting back into the swing of things really. Though without any high speed the website may be down for awhile.

Also I want to say that this tool is only compatible with v. 1.0/1.1 (and possibly 1.2) of the xbox's.  The newer xbox's will not work with the included bios's / pbl and dashboard.  So dont even try it.

I am a noobie at the patches. This is what I have and wanting to do. I just got your v3 release of easy install. Nice ideas but, confused on some things that were never explained.

As far as this there are two concurrent projects that I work on for the XBox.  A GUI version and a Non-GUI version of the exploits.   The GUI (has bugs but works for most) is somewhat stable and needs ALOT of work.  The Non-GUI is a step by step guide on how to actually get the exploits working but you have to manually copy and edit things.

As far as the future of this project I think I may get rid of the font exploit and stick with just the audio exploit.  I have installed both and have used both on many systems and do not really like the "font" exploit method due to if it screws up people bitch to much, like some how they didnt realize that there console could potentially begin to loop.

Oh well any input would be great.  Like I mentioned this project isnt dead though I am not sure how quickly any releases will be out.  I would like to convert it to linux using GTK (or atleast have another version similar to it in linux.)  

Wooger

ddaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2003, 07:27:00 AM »

I use both audio and fonts in a totally custom way. What i would like to see, is the ability to tell the gui where to put what and have it do it repeatedly on different xbox's.

This would allow people to customize there installs, and it would work on any version xbox.

So basically, i create a mockup of xbox hard drive on the pc, and your software would transfer it to the xbox using just 007 to get ftp access.

Wooger

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2003, 08:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (ddaddy @ Dec 7 2003, 05:20 PM)
I use both audio and fonts in a totally custom way. What i would like to see, is the ability to tell the gui where to put what and have it do it repeatedly on different xbox's.

This would allow people to customize there installs, and it would work on any version xbox.

So basically, i create a mockup of xbox hard drive on the pc, and your software would transfer it to the xbox using just 007 to get ftp access.

So you dont want the gui to push independant peices to the xbox at each step... you would rather have the gui capture the xbox content to the pc.  Modify the content and then replicate it?

Sort of like a mass modifying tool?

Wooger

P.S.  It already does capture either the C or E drive based on the exploit choosen.

pmh

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2003, 10:14:00 AM »

I could host some files if you would like. I think my site gets around 200k. Just PM me!

pmh

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2003, 06:43:00 AM »

Okay, quick update, in about an hour I will have it hosted on my site and you won't haev to download at 3k anymore!  beerchug.gif

Wooger

• Archived User
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

Just as long as people realize it doesnt include the newer bios's and PBL so it only works on older XBox's.  
Im slowly slowly getting it updated and re-written.  I want to take more of a guided step by step approach instead of one front end gui.

Wooger
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]