xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Tutorial:how To Link The Ms Dashboard To Evox  (Read 473 times)

Overloaded

• Archived User
Tutorial:how To Link The Ms Dashboard To Evox
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2003, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (bikr @ Aug 1 2003, 04:37 PM)
Just wanted to post and say I think I found a bug.  If you put a disk in while in msdash it will give you 21.  You must reboot for the game to be recognizes.. --Josh

i havent really tried that yet but thanks but as soon as i do i will let you know if it happens  to me too.  

brian417

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »

well i got xbedump but can't get it to run. all i have is the .exe file and when i click on it a dos screen just flashs briefly then it's gone. can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to use this?

daviefresh1775

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2003, 07:25:00 PM »

go into a dos prompt so u can use the options

Overloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2003, 06:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (brian417 @ Aug 1 2003, 09:47 PM)
well i got xbedump but can't get it to run. all i have is the .exe file and when i click on it a dos screen just flashs briefly then it's gone. can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to use this?

make a new text file called sign xbe, now open this text file and add this line of text to it
( xbedump default.xbe -font) without the quotes.and save this file as .bat. now you should have this new .bat file and the xbedump.exe in a folder.

copy any xbe file that you wish to sign into this folder and rename is to default.xbe and double click the .bat file and your xbe file will get signed and saved as out.xbe.

rename the out.xbe file to what ever it was before (xboxdash.xbe) you added it to the xbedump folder and thats all you have to do to sign any of your xbe files.

shahriyar

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2003, 07:54:00 PM »

do i need pheonix loader for this.  since i dont have pheonix loader, i though of just editing the file(already did that) and rename and send it over, and put orig fonts and stuff.

please tell me if this wont work.
tnx in advance.
shahriyar

mnm6687

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (shahriyar @ Aug 3 2003, 11:54 PM)
do i need pheonix loader for this.  since i dont have pheonix loader, i though of just editing the file(already did that) and rename and send it over, and put orig fonts and stuff.

tnx in advance.
shahriyar

this will defanitely NOT work!  your xbox will become unusable if you do this

the xbox checks for digital 'signatures' from MS, and if you edit anything in xboxdash.xbe without signing it with MS's code, it will just do nothing or give you an error screen, and you wont be able to fix it.

mnm6687

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2003, 11:40:00 AM »

it will do this if you have a real game in the drive, so take the game out

mnm6687

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2003, 11:54:00 AM »

ok, well when evox loads something that it doesn't like (or that doesn't work) it just returns to itself.

double check that you hexeditied right, and if you did, then make sure that your evox.ini is set up correctly.

Overloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2003, 07:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (KanZerX @ Aug 4 2003, 08:23 PM)
Hi, everyone.
I made everything that it says...result:
send's me back to phoenix bios loader... i did every single step.... what am i doing wrong. help please... uhh.gif

this is from evox:
Pohenix Loader : 1.3
Bios Version : Original 4034
Kernel Version : 1.00.4977.01

i had xbox live installed by mechassault... i dunno dashboard ver.

check your evox path and make sure that it points to the hacked msxboxdash and make sure that you have that rename font files both in the main and in the fonts folder. and all should work perfectly

Overloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (mnm6687 @ Aug 4 2003, 06:00 AM)
QUOTE (shahriyar @ Aug 3 2003, 11:54 PM)
do i need pheonix loader for this.  since i dont have pheonix loader, i though of just editing the file(already did that) and rename and send it over, and put orig fonts and stuff.

tnx in advance.
shahriyar

this will defanitely NOT work!  your xbox will become unusable if you do this

the xbox checks for digital 'signatures' from MS, and if you edit anything in xboxdash.xbe without signing it with MS's code, it will just do nothing or give you an error screen, and you wont be able to fix it.

if you are using any of the font exploits and have and signed copy of evox running from your hdd yes you can use this tutorial. and it will work for you

but if you are using the audio exploits to luanch evox then you sould still be able to link to your original dash without problem because none of its linked files get screwed with to launch your exploit. there for no need to even be messing around with this tutorial.

DONT MESS WITH IT IF IT AINT BROKEN MY FATHER ALWAYS TOLD ME. biggrin.gif

daviefresh1775

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2003, 09:05:00 PM »

no see my problem is its linked fine and has been edited fine, it just goes back into the screen with XBOX and M$ at the bottom and then it just goes back into evoX.. kinda like its a loop. any help on this?

Overloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2003, 02:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (brian417 @ Aug 5 2003, 08:08 AM)
I'm having the same problem. it just hangs on a black screen. I've checked, double checked and triple checked everything and it seems i have done everything right. ( of course, that doesn't mean i did smile.gif)  I did not have a fonts folders so I tried it with just the font files in the root of c. when that didn't work I added a font folder and put xbox.xft and xboxbook.xft into it as well as the root. still no go.  I'm wondering if this will only work with an updated dash. since i had no font folder and also when I hex edited I only found two instances of xtf and not 4 like stated in this tutorial but I'll keep going over my installation and try to find something i did wrong. more times than not I discover some small detail I overlooked.

please get ahold of a real copy of mech assault and use it to update your dashboard to the correct version that i used to preform this hack. and re-start the process of this tutorial and im sure you will find that everything will turn out fine.

remove the hacked files from your 1st attempt and start fresh.

boot the mech disc and choose to play on live and it will update your dash and then you can just reboot without signing up for the service and remove the disc and now your dashboard will be the correct version to use with this hack

p.s. make sure that you .xft files are not in CAPS (.XFT) this will mess you up too.

brian417

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2003, 01:22:00 PM »

thanks overlaoded i will try that. but just one thing, if i update the dash with pheonix installed will that mess me up or would I have to restore my xbox to original.

Overloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2003, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (brian417 @ Aug 5 2003, 10:22 PM)
thanks overlaoded i will try that. but just one thing, if i update the dash with pheonix installed will that mess me up or would I have to restore my xbox to original.

remove the bert and ernie fonts and put the real ms font files back and do the dash update. then use the 007 or mech assault save game exploit to get you ftp access again so that you can change back to bert and ernie fonts again.

after the update you will now have a fonts folder and 2 fonts in the main.

copy the 2 fonts from the fonts folder to your pc along with the newly updated xboxdash.xbe and put them in a folder called updated dash files.

now take and transfer bert and ernis back to the xbox (put them in the fonts folder only and not in the main)
and delete the 2 ms font files from the fonts folder we only want bert and ernie in there

you will have burt and ernie in the fonts folder and you will have 2 font files in the main that are from ms original dashboard

you can restart your xbox now and you should be booting to the loader again,

now that you are booting back to the loader and you have the updated files transfered to the pc you are now ready to use this tutorial. good luck and please keep me imformed on your progress.

if you get this working and wish for help in other ereas i will be glad to help beerchug.gif

ImOkRuOk

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2003, 04:09:00 AM »

I love it!!!!!! Thank you everytbody:) This is so nice, being able to use remote for dvds again:) And access to memory and cards!
    Was just wondering though, is there a way to restart the box with the remote?
And, how can i change what colors are flashing on the led?   (using  phoenix 1.0)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4