xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: List All Backups That Will Not Play Here  (Read 484 times)

LZD

• Archived User
List All Backups That Will Not Play Here
« on: July 20, 2003, 08:19:00 AM »

LOTR:TT & Burnout 2 so far for me... (freeze at title screen)

EdGe7

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 09:52:00 AM »

I can confirm burnout 2 is playable from backup. I am almost certain that you used xiso to back it up (had the same problem). Don't use xiso, it really needs improvement still. I used simpleXiso... and I was able to back it up. Hope this helps.

EdGe7

EdGe7

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 10:43:00 AM »

It froze on me aswell at the screen...

why are you patching the xbe?

you might also want to try and delete the save info in your e: drive... sometimes it becomes currupt and have to start over.

EdGe7

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (EdGe7 @ Jul 20 2003, 02:43 PM)
why are you patching the xbe?

To disable media checks, for one.

eboman

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 11:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (LZD @ Jul 20 2003, 05:19 PM)
LOTR:TT & Burnout 2 so far for me... (freeze at title screen)

Try to turn off IGR in Evox via evox.ini check the big topic about the media check for more details.

http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=11&t=45711

Noilegnave Siseneg Noen

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2003, 11:36:00 AM »

enter the matrix refuses to play from hdd.  opening atari logo can be heard but not seen, then just freezes on black screen.

and evox igr is turned off rolleyes.gif

nsn

jimmsta

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2003, 12:42:00 PM »

Now I wonder why I went ahead and traded in my MechAssault for DOA:Beach Volleyball.... damn it.

melee

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2003, 12:59:00 PM »

midnight club 2 is a no go, tried it several ways. got to nice DVD+R coasters  biggrin.gif

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 02:09:00 PM »

I have not had any problems with any of the games mentioned here.  You need to patch most of the newer games and they should have no problem working.

-LepPpeR

vintage_guitar

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2003, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (truinstinct @ Jul 20 2003, 11:25 PM)
Why would these backups not work with the exploit but with a modchip?

With my modchip I have enter the matrix, burnout 2, midnight club 2, and starsky and hutch working. I haven't tried them on my box with the pheonix loader though(except Burnout 2 and it does work).

because not all the bugs are ironed out yet, stay tight..

Noilegnave Siseneg Noen

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2003, 05:02:00 PM »

QUOTE (truinstinct @ Jul 20 2003, 06:25 PM)
Why would these backups not work with the exploit but with a modchip?

With my modchip I have enter the matrix, burnout 2, midnight club 2, and starsky and hutch working. I haven't tried them on my box with the pheonix loader though(except Burnout 2 and it does work).

so are you running enter the matrix from a backup on a disc or the hdd?  I'm guessing hdd, since you'd have to selectively get rid of some stuff to back it up to disc.

if you are running from hdd, was it a real pain to get the game to back up successfully?  I had to do a bunch of shit to get it to work.

you know, perhaps I should stick my mod back in and see if the game boots then...cuz I just moved a bunch of stuff to a new hdd, my old one wouldn't lock....

more on that when I've tried it out...

shakaru

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 06:05:00 PM »

StarWars: Knights of the old republic
It works if  you download one of the released ones, but no matter what steps i take to backup my origonal it dosent work. Also, it has a dash update on it, so be careful if you do use it.

EdGe7

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2003, 11:04:00 AM »

akula, the phoenix loader uses x2 4977... could this be the reason why i can't load Enter the Matrix (legit disc) from within evox. If i leave the game in there at bootup, it will launch the game and I can see video... if I launch it through loader->Evox... you can hear sound but no video... and I have disabled IGR in Evox.ini.

EdGe7

p.s. if x2 4977 is the reason for matrix not working... is there a workaround or a patch to get matrix to load from evox?

Noilegnave Siseneg Noen

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif ), and nothing has to be changed yet the game starts fine.  Take it out to run Phoenix BIOS loader only, and it freezes.  Also noted the business with the legit disc...it'll boot fine from the game, but trying to boot indash to game causes the freeze.

and for the record, all instances of IGR are deactivated in my evox ini, including every part that just specifies which buttons to press for IGR are switched to 'no' just in case, even though these shouldn't technically matter.  If you don't believe I've deactivated them all, then note the fact that with modchip in, the game runs fine from hdd, which it should not do if there were an evox IGR problem.

Another thing I've noted:  Xbox will still boot with a modchip if the power to the DVD drive has been pulled, though the flubber blob will get sluggish in a space, and in evox the LED will be flashing...but nonetheless it still boots.  It will not still boot with DVD power pulled and running only Phoenix BIOS loader.

So even though the Phoenix guys have knocked everybody's socks off, there's still definitely a lot of work to do for those guys.  and if you have a modchip, I wouldn't suggest throwing it out just yet tongue.gif

-nsn

oh yeah...forgot...
xbox v1.0, TSOP with 3944 (i think?), latest live m$ dash, using bigfonts...hope this helps!

Noilegnave Siseneg Noen

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2003, 05:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (EdGe7 @ Jul 21 2003, 03:04 PM)

p.s. if x2 4977 is the reason for matrix not working... is there a workaround or a patch to get matrix to load from evox?

this is the bios that is flashed to my modchip, and it boots fine with that one in line...though like I've stated before it's still a hassle to get it backed up to hdd and working.  But once you do it all properly it will work with the chip.

The BIOS itself I don't think is the problem, as this BIOS was designed so you didn't have to manually patch games for the media check.  It's probably more like the BIOS running from hdd and not from hardware mod causing some new issue with how the BIOS patches the game for getting past media check.  or something like that...does this happen to any other games that have the media check?  cuz it might be just this game is retarded or something.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4