xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Pheonix Bios Loader  (Read 1918 times)

stealth

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jul 18 2003, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (stealth @ Jul 18 2003, 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jul 18 2003, 06:59 PM)
The NFO makes little sense though...

4977 is a "retail" BIOS (hacked, but hacked RETAIL) with NO RC4  - but the NFO claims it's a Debug BIOS with a Debug RC4.

What gives here?

The NFO should be clearer... from what I GATHER, they seem to abuse the term "debug BIOS" to mean any hacked BIOS when referring to what they can load. The use of the phrase "retail BIOS" may relate to unhacked BIOSes (maybe so some modders can use XBL without a switch to disable a mod chip?)

the X2 4977 bios is based on a debug bios.  The X2 4977 boot from media bios has been slightly patched and the 2bl is encrypted with the Debug RC4 key.

Stop distributing misinformation tongue.gif

Well, I've never heard this.... if the 4977 BIOS is based on the Debug, why is it 256k and not handle the XDK?

The "BFM" has an RC4? Again.... the 'standard' 4977 doesn't have an RC4.

It is based on the debug bios.  I can only assume they mucked around with it a bit to get it to compress to smaller than 512k.  The 2bl in the x2 4977 boot from media _IS_ encrypted with the debug rc4.

Rubadubcubb

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2003, 10:32:00 AM »

ok so has anybody gotten this to work, and if so write up a sweet lil tutorial for dumb shits like me smile.gif hehe

netwerx

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (kornkob69 @ Jul 18 2003, 06:14 PM)
anoyne get a hold of this and try it out yet? kinda wondering where to get it myself... hmm

Pheonix Bios Loader

alfa_gta

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2003, 10:34:00 AM »

It should run UNSIGNED code...

Lord Alderon

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2003, 10:28:00 AM »

What does the Xecuter2 4977 1.0/1.1 bios try and boot? I hope it tries to boot evoxdash.xbe?

DBZRacer

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2003, 10:30:00 AM »

So I'm just thinking out loud here and trying to see a bigger picture of what things will look like if/when this is all done.

1. The dash hack that most everyone here loads up normally (I'll take bert & ernie as an example) will boot off the xbox hdd via default.xbe launching the Signed EvoX V1.8.3752 Dashboard.

2. From the bert&ernie evox menu, you would launch the "Phoenix Bios Loader" program (another default.xbe) which will start the app.

3. The app starts, and emulates booting up the xbox for the first time and loads the X2 4977 bios which in turn launches evoxdash.xbe (as if a modchip was installed)

4. From here, you have all the benefits of a modchip or flashed TSOP running the 4977 bios. Which means you can run any unsigned app, game, etc from the xbox hdd...

WOW! Now this is impressive!!!

Now that I think more about it, maybe I should have used the complex loader! to choose to boot the Phoenix Bios Loader....

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2003, 10:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (stealth @ Jul 18 2003, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jul 18 2003, 07:20 PM)
QUOTE (stealth @ Jul 18 2003, 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jul 18 2003, 06:59 PM)
The NFO makes little sense though...

4977 is a "retail" BIOS (hacked, but hacked RETAIL) with NO RC4  - but the NFO claims it's a Debug BIOS with a Debug RC4.

What gives here?

The NFO should be clearer... from what I GATHER, they seem to abuse the term "debug BIOS" to mean any hacked BIOS when referring to what they can load. The use of the phrase "retail BIOS" may relate to unhacked BIOSes (maybe so some modders can use XBL without a switch to disable a mod chip?)

the X2 4977 bios is based on a debug bios.  The X2 4977 boot from media bios has been slightly patched and the 2bl is encrypted with the Debug RC4 key.

Stop distributing misinformation tongue.gif

Well, I've never heard this.... if the 4977 BIOS is based on the Debug, why is it 256k and not handle the XDK?

The "BFM" has an RC4? Again.... the 'standard' 4977 doesn't have an RC4.

It is based on the debug bios.  I can only assume they mucked around with it a bit to get it to compress to smaller than 512k.  The 2bl in the x2 4977 boot from media _IS_ encrypted with the debug rc4.

Using the Debug BIOS'es 2BL doesn't mean it's based on the debug BIOS.

As I am starting to understand, the "BFM" version was created to emulate what the XDK's "BFM" Retail BIOSes do: load via the Debug BIOS'es "BFM" feature. I take it the RC4 key might have been required due to checking on the Debug BIOSes part, or using their 2BL loader.

Why, then, does Pheonix claim a BIOS will work with an unencrypted 2BL (Dual Boot)?

I'm telling you... it makes little sense to me.

(>Stormy<)

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2003, 10:37:00 AM »

I think (pretty sure) that 4977 boots from evoxdash.xbe, then nexgendash.xbe (or something similar), then it defaults to the regular retail xboxdash.xbe.

Lord Alderon

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2003, 10:32:00 AM »

Trying it out. I will post results!

Wooger

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2003, 10:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (Lord Alderon @ Jul 18 2003, 07:32 PM)
FURTHER INFRACTIONS WILL LEAD TO BANNING.

DO NOT POST RC4 KEYS ON XBOX-SCENE!!!

HAHAHA DUMBA$$

Terayon

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2003, 10:43:00 AM »

Just thinking outloud as well....

But instead of using complex at all...

Why not just sign the default.xbe from this Pheonix loader with the font switch, the use bert and ernie to boot the default.xbe from the pheonix loader, once it loads the bios you should just boot straight to evox since that's what most of the hacked bios's do.

I don't know anything about this RC4 stuff....will any of the hacked Bios's need an RC4 key? or do they all use the debug key?

Basically if you can get this loader working with any hacked bios you should have the following and it should work...

c:fontsbert and ernie here
c:bert and ernie here is needed
c:Default.xbe from pheonix loader sigend with the font switch and all the other needed files from phenix loader
c:evox.ini and evoxdash.xbe

then when bert and ernie take over on boot, the phenix loader is loaded which puts the bios into memory, from there it looks for evoxdash.xbe (cause that's what most bios's do_ and boots evox, you now have evox running with a full mod bios. everything should work like you had a chip.

But does anyone know this RC4 stuff? Do we need a key for hacked bios's?

bluetypewriter

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2003, 10:36:00 AM »

does anyone know if the rc-4 that was posted works?

Heet

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2003, 10:36:00 AM »

jester.gif omg

Wooger

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2003, 10:37:00 AM »

For some reason I keep getting an error loading ...

when running this... is this a hox?

Wooger

tjfontaine

• Archived User
Pheonix Bios Loader
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2003, 10:47:00 AM »

I tried it.
It works for me.
Make sure you sign the xbe for the exploit you're booting from.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26