xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: K:4817 Help  (Read 52 times)

GeneralError

• Archived User
K:4817 Help
« on: July 17, 2003, 02:23:00 PM »

I have a K:4817
I'm going to try and use this tutorial:
http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=45&t=73499
What I'm wondering is if this will work on my kernel. There are some sucess stories on this forum, but is there any sure fire method to get a 4817 k working.  The above tutorial uses 007exploit and bertischeatingonernie.  If I back everything up, I can always just put it back the same way, right?  Also, some people have problems authenticating the dvd drive, so that means you can't look at the contents, or you can't even play an original.  
Another Question, the time loop.
Does bert and ernie reloaded fix this 100% of the time? Also, is bert is cheating on ernie newer or older than reloaded.  So what  I mean is can the time loop problem occur on bert is cheating on ernie.
Thanks for the help.

boxbreaker

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 03:02:00 PM »

The files you need are COMPLEX v1.10 Loader and the S3 kernal Plugin. make Sure you've updated your dash to the LIVE DASH, I think 4920 (just got in from pub). Get these from the usual places!
PS
Bert and ernie reloaded is the latest one

kahn2k

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2003, 07:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (GeneralError @ Jul 17 2003, 11:23 PM)
I have a K:4817
I'm going to try and use this tutorial:
http://forums.xbox-s...ST&f=45&t=73499
What I'm wondering is if this will work on my kernel. There are some sucess stories on this forum, but is there any sure fire method to get a 4817 k working.  The above tutorial uses 007exploit and bertischeatingonernie.  If I back everything up, I can always just put it back the same way, right?  Also, some people have problems authenticating the dvd drive, so that means you can't look at the contents, or you can't even play an original.  
Another Question, the time loop.
Does bert and ernie reloaded fix this 100% of the time? Also, is bert is cheating on ernie newer or older than reloaded.  So what  I mean is can the time loop problem occur on bert is cheating on ernie.
Thanks for the help.

WARINGING. Bert is cheating on Ernie DOES NOT work with k4817. The only font exploits currently tested to be working are the original Bert and Ernie and the later Bert and Ernie Reloaded.

1. Kernel 4034 + BICOE+ !Loader v1.1/v1.0 : DVD Authentication works

2. Kernel non-4034 + BICOE + !Loader v1.1/v1.0 : Endless boot

3. Kernel 4034 + Bert and Ernie Reloaded + !Loader v1.1/v1.0: DVD Authentication fails

4. Kernel non-4034 + Bert and Ernie Reloaded + !Loader v1.1/v1.0: DVD Authentication fails

5. Kernel 4034 + snuffleupagus.xft from BICOE + bert from Bert and Ernie Reloaded + !Loader v1.1/v1.0: ?

6. Kernel non-4034 + snuffleupagus.xft from BICOE + bert from Bert and Ernie Reloaded: + !Loader v1.1/v1.0: ?

Now that we are at it:

7. Kernel 4034 + audio exploit + !Loader v1.1/v1.0: Error 21 -> not working as xbedump -audio unable to sign correctly

8. Kernel non-4034 + audio exploit + !Loader v1.1/v1.0: Error 21 -> not working as xbedump -audio unable to sign correctly

The safest bet now would be using Bert and Ernie Reloaded although you wouldnt be able to read an original game disc from drive D. You can however boot up with an original game in the drive.