xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Playing Backups And Original Games Direct From Hdd  (Read 29 times)

Rubadubcubb

• Archived User
Playing Backups And Original Games Direct From Hdd
« on: July 15, 2003, 03:47:00 PM »

smile.gif

You know what, to be honest i was scared as all hell when i thought about doing the HDD swap... But it was very easy, i just followed the tutorials on this site carefully and everything worked out great!

Rubadubcubb

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 04:20:00 PM »

1. ok im not sure about the way on playing on xbox live by changing file names

2.Yes you can also use Mechassault, and yes you would need a memory card that can get files from your computer, action replay may not be the only one, i believe there is also mega x key or somthing.. so yes you still need to buy a memory unit..

Look into it man, i was in your position like a week ago, i just kept researching and i finally got comfortable with the HD swap and went ahead and did it.  Because 1. i dont have to buy mem card  2. I dont have 007 nor mechassault 3. and im very smart with "Computer Hardware" so once i opened the xbox and realized it was a computer with same components etc. I found it to be very easy...

V0ID

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 04:43:00 PM »

Thanks for the swift reply man.

I've just read that it is possible to load Complex Loader from the 007 save game every time you wish to run backups installed on your hdd. Would you still need EvoX to actually copy the games to the hdd or can Complex Loader do this aswell?

If it is possible to accomplish this with Mechassault I would go out tomorrow and buy it along with an action replay. That way I could use the standard dash to play on xbox live, then load complex loader from the Mechassault save to play backups direct from the hdd.

If there is a better solution to playing backups direct from the xbox hdd while still being able to play on xbox live without fear of being banned then please tell me, as I may be completely off on this.

Still not quite sure about the differences between Complex Loader and EvoX. Complex Loader seems to be required in order to install EvoX on the xbox hdd, but if Complex Loader can copy and play backups what is the need for EvoX?

Thanks.

V0ID