xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Able To Read Dvd Drive...  (Read 203 times)

EdGe7

• Archived User
Able To Read Dvd Drive...
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2003, 09:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (speedgt078 @ Jul 16 2003, 10:35 AM)
If I do this method...how would I reset the time if it dosnt work? Dont you have to have the ms dashboard hacked so you can load it through evox? Also, I have a back-up of my original xbox hard-drive..so does evox unlock it? because if a game cant boot how would I hot swap my hard drive?

YES... do not attempt this method if you cannot boot to msdash from Evox... to be able to play games again... you need to be able to get into the dash from and set the time again... regarding the backing up of the hard drive and swaping it... you will have better luck with someone with more experience... i have not had to swap my HDD at all.

I hope this helps.

EdGe7

EdGe7

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2003, 10:06:00 AM »

sad.gif

EdGe7

EdGe7

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2003, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (Wooger @ Jul 16 2003, 10:45 AM)
Well yea.. the 3944 and 4034 models work fine with the COMPLEX-Loader 1.1 .... my 4034 authenticates dvd's no prob... its the ver 1.1 box's with the 4817 kernel that were working on getting to work.

Wooger

wooger this is incorrect... the complex 1.0 and 1.1 were only designed to work with 4034... and when the plugin came out for 1.0 (3mod.dll, whatever it was called) it did not work with 1.0 and 3944... it just forze after a few lines. This is using complex 1.1 and the regular EVOX-4034.DLL FILE... this will not launch or sign any games on 3944 but if you have a disk inside at bootup... it will authenticate your drive for FTP purposes. So the fact that its working on 3944 is GREAT!!!  biggrin.gif

EdGe7

Wooger

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2003, 12:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (EdGe7 @ Jul 15 2003, 08:28 PM)
OK guys, I want this to be a group effort in finding if I just lucked out.
If this works I know is going to get cleaned up by someone in the procedues.

This is my setup on my xbox.

I have the bert and ernie reloaded font files installed.

My xbox boots up to Evox.

I have complex 1.1 running as an APP.

My question to all of you first would be...

What does your xbox do when you insert an original game inside the drive when it has lost time using the reloaded files?

My xbox lost time... but with the reloaded files on there it would still go into Evox even when I have an original game in there. So in other words... it would not boot it up the game. But to my suprise, since the original game was in there at bootup, when I launch complex 1.1 with the new 3MOD DLL file(i know its meant for 1.0, but stay with me) from the apps menu in Evox, if you click the yellow button now, it can authenticate the drive and read it using Flash FTP.

If you launch Evox first then insert an original, chances are the Complex 1.1 will not authenticate the disk.

So the trick is to make ur xbox loose time but still boot into Evox with an original disk inside the drive... if you can accomplish this, chances are that you will be able to FTP to the drive and see the real contents. I have tried this many times and has worked every time.

So go and load the Bert and ernie files.. install Evox as ur dash... install complex 1.1 with the new 3MOD DLL in place the the Evox 4034 and have all that setup... then unplug your xbox for say however long it takes for it to lose time, but still boot into Evox while an original disk is inserted... go into complex, and do ur thing...

I hope I didnt sound to repetative, but I wanted to make sure everything was covered... like I said, someone will prolly swoop in here... clean up the procedurs and take all the glory.  tongue.gif

I Hope this helps and we can get somewhere. Have fun guys... this does work for me on the 5051 kernel.

EdGe7

b.t.w. It would be nice to know if this works on other kernels... I currently have a 3944 that belongs to a friend that he would like me to modify for him, but I am having the same problem as everyone else with this kernel. When complex loads using the new 3MOD DLL plugin... it freezes after it launches. So prolly a no go on 3944 until they fix that bug.

p.s. I'm currently at work, so I cannot use my xbox right now, but I will try and answer as many questions as i can until I get home.

Alright man im going to try this but first let me verify I have everything right.

1. Install Bert and Ernie Reloaded fonts in fonts directory
(Did you use the bert and ernie reloaded? or the bert is cheating on ernie?)
(Also did you leave there file names as bert.xft and ernie.xft or did you rename them to xbox.xft and xbox book.xft?)

2. Install evox as main dash with loader as an option
(loaders default.xbe on like e:\apps)
(Also did you use the freevox version of evox?)
(Did you sign your own version of evox?)

3. Put the 1.1 !loader folder on the C: Drive.

4. Delete the 4034.dll file from the !loader folder and put the 3MOD.dll file in the folder named 4034.dll

5. Verify that I can boot to evox... then boot to loader....

6. Verify that I can boot to evox... and then boot to xboxdash

7. Unplug cord for period of time to clear clock

8. Place original xbox game in dvddrive and have evox boot into dash.

9. Load !loader-complex dash and try to authenticate drive

These are the correct steps right?  Also if you could answere the questions I put that would be great.

Wooger

P.S.  Incase you dont know what ver of bert and ernie your using.  If the ernie.xft file is 7mb then its "bert is cheating on ernie" if the ernie.xft file is 9mb its the "bert and ernie reloaded"

EdGe7

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2003, 12:46:00 PM »

wooger, if you have a 4034 and are able to authenticate... you should be ok... but if you want me too I will clarify your questions.

Let me know... that why I can take a deep breath when I reply to ur post.

EdGe7

Wooger

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2003, 12:49:00 PM »

I have a 4034 and a 4817...

Please clarify.... since I am working on the 4817 problem people seem to be having..

Wooger

EdGe7

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2003, 01:09:00 PM »

(TAKING DEEP BREATH)

Ok... I have not verified if the new 3mod.dll file works well with the 4817... because it stated that it worked with 3944 and it didn't. But if it does... here it goes.

1. copy bert and ernie reloaded to the fonts folder(NOT bert is cheating or ernie or original bert and ernie, DO NOT rename these files... just stick them into the fonts folder as is.)

2. Install FreeXEvox and get it running as ur bootable dash(default.xbe in the c drive, you should not need to sign Evox if it is FreeXEvox, just put it in C, have complex v1.1 run as an app(option).. place the default.xbe for Loaderv1.1 in the apps folder of ur e drive, and place the !Loader Folder in the C drive)

3. If you have 4034, 4817, and 5051 delete the EVOX-4034.DLL file in the patches folder inside the !Loader folder in C drive and place the new 3mod.dll file in there.(if you have 3944 keep the EVOX-4034.DLL file inside the patches folder.(I think this is where I'm losing a lot of people... simply... 3mod.dll file does not work with 3944 even thought it says it does)

4. Verify that the xbox boots into FreeXevox as ur dash, and can run Complex v1.1 from the apps menu.

5. Verify that you can boot to M$Dash from FreeXEvox following kraken's tutorial(very important to get time back)

6. unplug xbox until it loses time (for now at least I know its more than 2 hours.)

7. Once it loses time... place a original game inside drive and reboot xbox... if it goes into the game... the time has not been lost... if it bypasses the game and goes into FreeXEvox... you're in business.

8. Load Complex v1.1... then connect to it via FTP from your computer. (it may freeze the first time, so if it does just reboot)... after you are connected to the xbox... press the yellow button to authenticate drive.

9. the rest is history... you should know what to do from here...

good luck... let me know how it works out... very interested in hearing results.

EdGe7

p.s. If 3mod.dll file does not work with ur 4817 and it just freezes all the time... just go back to EVOX-4034.dll and its should work with all... but since 3mod.dll did not freeze for my 5051 I just stuck with it and havent tested EVOX-4034.DLL.

Wooger

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2003, 01:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (EdGe7 @ Jul 16 2003, 10:09 PM)
(TAKING DEEP BREATH)

Ok... I have not verified if the new 3mod.dll file works well with the 4817... because it stated that it worked with 3944 and it didn't. But if it does... here it goes.

1. copy bert and ernie reloaded to the fonts folder(NOT bert is cheating or ernie or original bert and ernie, DO NOT rename these files... just stick them into the fonts folder as is.)

2. Install FreeXEvox and get it running as ur bootable dash(default.xbe in the c drive, you should not need to sign Evox if it is FreeXEvox, just put it in C, have complex v1.1 run as an app(option).. place the default.xbe for Loaderv1.1 in the apps folder of ur e drive, and place the !Loader Folder in the C drive)

3. If you have 4034, 4817, and 5051 delete the EVOX-4034.DLL file in the patches folder inside the !Loader folder in C drive and place the new 3mod.dll file in there.(if you have 3944 keep the EVOX-4034.DLL file inside the patches folder.(I think this is where I'm losing a lot of people... simply... 3mod.dll file does not work with 3944 even thought it says it does)

4. Verify that the xbox boots into FreeXevox as ur dash, and can run Complex v1.1 from the apps menu.

5. Verify that you can boot to M$Dash from FreeXEvox following kraken's tutorial(very important to get time back)

6. unplug xbox until it loses time (for now at least I know its more than 2 hours.)

7. Once it loses time... place a original game inside drive and reboot xbox... if it goes into the game... the time has not been lost... if it bypasses the game and goes into FreeXEvox... you're in business.

8. Load Complex v1.1... then connect to it via FTP from your computer. (it may freeze the first time, so if it does just reboot)... after you are connected to the xbox... press the yellow button to authenticate drive.

9. the rest is history... you should know what to do from here...

good luck... let me know how it works out... very interested in hearing results.

EdGe7

p.s. If 3mod.dll file does not work with ur 4817 and it just freezes all the time... just go back to EVOX-4034.dll and its should work with all... but since 3mod.dll did not freeze for my 5051 I just stuck with it and havent tested EVOX-4034.DLL.

So you have a kernel version 3944 on your XBox?  Or a 4817?
Just double checking.... cause its already been proven that the 3944 model will authenticate the drives.

Wooger

Just dawned on me... you have a 5101 right LOL... dumb question.... should smack myself...

EdGe7

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2003, 01:49:00 PM »

yes I do have the 5051... but I have a friends xbox that I'm playing with too that is a 3944... either way... this method will work with any version I believe... just a matter if picking the right DLL file... but like I said... to simply read the DVD rom drive... you should be able to use EVOX-4034 with any version of xbox... (just use complex 1.1 because it has the authenticate dvd drive option, which complex 1.0 does not)it just wont sign or launch apps in complex if you dont have 4034.

EdGe7

Rubadubcubb

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2003, 03:51:00 PM »

Ok so i am kind of getting confused here, So has it worked for anybody with "K:4817"??

EdGe7

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2003, 03:55:00 PM »

sky... you need to rename the xbox and xbox book files in the fonts folder.

so:

xbox.xtf -> xbox.xft
xbox book.xtf -> xbox book.xft

EdGe7

EdGe7

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2003, 03:56:00 PM »

I cannot emphasise enough that you must be able to run the MS Dash (follow kraken's pinned tutorial please) from evox to get your time back without much heart ache.

EdGe7

Rubadubcubb

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2003, 04:11:00 PM »

HEHE, well i have done that tutorial before on "Booting the MSDASH" but i dont have it done right now.  I am glad that i dident wait long enough for the time to go out, or I would have been in trouble... But anyways thanks for the new info

Wooger

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2003, 04:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rubadubcubb @ Jul 17 2003, 12:51 AM)
Ok so i am kind of getting confused here, So has it worked for anybody with "K:4817"??

I am testing this on a 4817 xbox.
Its sitting on the floor waiting to run out of power to reset the battery LOL.

Wooger

Rubadubcubb

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »

Good deal man, keep me up on the progress!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6