xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trouble Shooting X-chip Install  (Read 380 times)

• Archived User
Trouble Shooting X-chip Install
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 06:33:00 PM »

laugh.gif )

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »

I actually just used some Puple Power to clean them.  Switching to power from the usb didn't help,.. except that the chip doesn't power cycle when the system frags now.  Oh yeah, good advice about not fixing things if they seem to work,... I completely redid the rebuild last night and farked the trace going from the alternate "D0" to  R7P4.  Got the wire soldered to the trace and reconnected to the topside "D0" so it's fixed (on my first 1.6 i nuked the topside and had to relink it to the bottom).  I tried both  the M8plus_16 and Yoshihiro-m8-1.6B-Memory-Fixe-Beta4 since this board is a 1.6b (stupid Hynix ram)  and FRAGed all the way.  The only other thing that i could think of from the troubleshooting guide is a bad female header, but i don't want to remove it to do a wire install, because if it still doesn't work than the fool who brought this to me won't be able to send it back (i think this is going to be my first/last unsolicited mod, I don't like when people think they can mod thier box,.. then bring me thier crap when they can't)  Nothing personal against the chip, but i wouldn't buy one for my customers because they are never going to use any of the features of any 4th generation chips.  If I could get this working in this board I would consider just giving this guy my 1.6w/spider installed (another horrible experience, my first 1.6, had to solder that bitch)

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

DarkProphecy

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »

I've seen alot of talk about fragging issues in this topic and figured since there was so many posts in it already i'd post a question of my own, i'm not trying to hijack this topic or anything, just felt it would be a good place to ask this kind of question, and i never got a straight answer in any of the other topics i made.

I modded my 1.0 box with an x-chip from eb2k, I went with the solderless btw. It was working fine at first but sometimes it will frag when i turn it on, sometimes it will restart once or twice like it is going to frag but then starts normally, other times it will just frag. I'd say it probably frags about 15-20% of the time.

Now what could it be causing the fragging? D0 wire just barely making contact, one or more pins barely making contact, or somthing completely different all together? It's ok to play with for now, but I hope to fix this probelm someday, it is pretty annoying at LAN parties and stuff,  I also hope its not ruining anything for it to be fragging every so often.

If anyone can help, that would be great

once again i'm not trying to hijack this thread

iceman4208

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2005, 01:23:00 AM »

hey, i got the same problem with a 1.6 boxi think i have the chip all soldered right, but now luck on start up.  i disconnect the 5V from the chip and acutally got the xbox dash to work

any suggestions

xbox with 5v attatched will just frag
Pages: 1 [2]