xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Forget This Xploit  (Read 392 times)

netsick

• Archived User
Forget This Xploit
« on: July 10, 2003, 03:44:00 AM »

haha just cause you broke your xbox doesnt mean everyone else will  biggrin.gif

lostdesigns

• Archived User
Forget This Xploit
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 03:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (netsick @ Jul 10 2003, 12:44 PM)

just cuz your a dumbass idiot who doesn't see that im just trying to warn people doesn't mean your ... not a dumbass idiot. idiot... o i forgot did anyone ever call you a.... fucking idiot?

XbOxGoD

• Archived User
Forget This Xploit
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 03:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (netsick @ Jul 10 2003, 11:44 AM)

anus

netsick

• Archived User
Forget This Xploit
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 04:02:00 AM »

"
A few given's:
1. FreeX is Bad.
2. Complex iLoader will get you banned from Live.
3. Font Exploit is nearly as dangerous as using a soldering iron. "

looks like you'be had some trouble in your time too  tongue.gif

Xeero

• Archived User
Forget This Xploit
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2003, 04:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (netsick @ Jul 10 2003, 08:02 AM)
"
A few given's:
1. FreeX is Bad.
2. Complex iLoader will get you banned from Live.
3. Font Exploit is nearly as dangerous as using a soldering iron. "

looks like you'be had some trouble in your time too  tongue.gif

Actually, I'm quite certain that XbOxGoD is a modchip user who resents everything bad these exploits have brought to the scene.

XVegitto

• Archived User
Forget This Xploit
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2003, 04:11:00 AM »

so what?
he bought a modchip and is angry at people for getting it for free?

you paid money for your chance to do whatever you want.....so no matter which method you use ms not happy.

which ever method you use you are taking the risk ....its YOUR xbox, NO ONE forced you use this hack.

lostdesigns

• Archived User
Forget This Xploit
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 04:14:00 AM »

QUOTE (XVegitto @ Jul 10 2003, 01:11 PM)
so what?
he bought a modchip and is angry at people for getting it for free?

you paid money for your chance to do whatever you want.....so no matter which method you use ms not happy.

which ever method you use you are taking the risk ....its YOUR xbox, NO ONE forced you use this hack.

why doesn't anyone see that i am simply trying to warn some potential people from wasting a whole lot of time and effort? i really don't understand it, i thought there was at least a 4th grade level of thinking going on around here, aparently not.

XVegitto

• Archived User
Forget This Xploit
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2003, 04:29:00 AM »

considering how you attacked netsick for makin his comment.......how do you expect people to react to you opinions?

look at the forum....Many people have succeded in getting it to work...and few have failed(or many),

and just buy a modchip

when you say that people take you as modchip business man who is losing money to this.

nettwerk

• Archived User
Forget This Xploit
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2003, 04:38:00 AM »

exploits own@!#

lostdesigns

• Archived User
Forget This Xploit
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2003, 04:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (XVegitto @ Jul 10 2003, 01:29 PM)
considering how you attacked netsick for makin his comment.......how do you expect people to react to you opinions?

look at the forum....Many people have succeded in getting it to work...and few have failed(or many),

and just buy a modchip

when you say that people take you as modchip business man who is losing money to this.

actually no, if i were in the modchip business, dontchathink i would have a mod chip to fix my box? i mean common sense here guys... i love how you all act as if this exploit is so great... when you show me a xbox with the xploit that can get on xbox live and not get banned, then it truely is great, but o yeah thats never going to happen will it? so ONCE AGAIN all i posted this for was to WARN people, and i got jumped on and flamed by the dickhead netlicks for no reason... again if you have a 1.0 xbox, i highly doubt this will work being that myself and friends have went through ALL the paces, so again save yourself the time and effort, get a mod chip, and be done with it.

grow up guys seriously.

XBLamer

• Archived User
Forget This Xploit
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2003, 05:42:00 AM »

If ya screw your software up you can always fix it. If ya screw your hardware up I hope your dam good with a cro (but then again if you were good with a cro you probably would'nt have screwed your hardware up.

Also if you and your friends go in together and buy a 007 CD and a action replay if you do 20 machines thats about $2 a machine. How many mod chips can you get for $2

You can go on live with Xploit Just rename the files back and restore when you go off live.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Forget This Xploit
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2003, 06:02:00 AM »

I do think the exploit is actually a good thing for Mod Chip sellers at this point.... I'm sure more than a few users who might NEVER have bought a mod hip (certainly 90% of the non-modded exploit users) who found themselves bitten by the time bug or frustrated with the whole thing have ordered mod chips.... and some have simply ordered them to give them simple peace-of-mind.

That said, I think the exploits are VERY BAD in the short term for newbie users. The potential for hosing your system (despite some people's claims to the contrary, there are more than a few here who find themselves without an Xbox at the moment, either due to real problems or their own inexperience) and online retribution from M$ are very high at the moment. Remember people: The exploit is PROOF-OF-CONCEPT. It lacks a bit of refinement which will eventually be added to eliminate many of the current problems.

What needs to be done yet?

The Font Exploit needs TWO things:
  • An Invalid Clock check and fix in the hack code itself.
  • A step by step means to provide a replacement dash

The second is already provided elsewhere in this forum, by means of a patched version of xboxdash.xbe that loads fonts with a different extension. T item has yet to be done. People are currently relying on a glitch in the bootup sequence to bypass the problem.

The st.db exploit has several issues:
  • It eliminates the ability to rip audio tracks to the Xbox
  • It likely hoses ANY program that uses the global Xbox soundtrack feature (many games, some homebrew apps)

The exploits are not universal!
  • The patching hacks depend on a specific version of the kernel/BIOS (The XBTool guys might be able to help on this count)
  • The signature hack requires all XBEs to be resigned after being appropriately patched to launch from all media (media flags and coded media checks require patches)
  • Dashboard patches will break if the dashboard is not a specific version.

New users need to be educated!!! The exploit has caused a flood of discourteous, demanding users to sites like this... sites with a TON Of INFORMATION for those willing to search and browse. This will only get worse, alas.

My 2 cents worth, anyway. I won't recommend the exploits until it matures a bit with additional updates.

beerbaron

• Archived User
    Forget This Xploit
    « Reply #12 on: July 10, 2003, 07:52:00 AM »

how does one go about killing their xbox with this exploit? I used it on mine and restored it to the old dashboard with no problems. I used the HD swap method.

NeoKast

• Archived User
    Forget This Xploit
    « Reply #13 on: July 10, 2003, 09:26:00 AM »

Actually, you can disable the font hack by renaming your font files with Boxplorer or by using FTP.

Then you can go about using Xbox !Live.

You would need 007 AUF to enable it again, but it's not very hard, time consuming, or expensive.

You can also make your TSOP writeable by soldering to super easy points on the motherboard.

Then you could just flash from your modded bios for mod stuff (you're not using the free-x hack at this point, but the 007 AUF exploit), and back to your original bios for Xbox !Live use.

If you wanted to go all out, you can add a switch to your TSOP and make it multi-bank bios. This way, you could use a switch like a mod chip user.

So, don't say the exploits are bad.

1. The 007 AUF save hack isn't dangerous and is extremely useful and helpful to any modder. It's so awesome in fact, that you can sign .xbe's you want to use with it and run them after loading your EvoX dash with 007 AUF safely on ANY Xbox.

2. It's your fault you fucked your Xbox up with the free-x exploit. (unlesss you were one of the first and you had your power unplugged and were an original victim of the time loop)

lostdesigns

• Archived User
    Forget This Xploit
    « Reply #14 on: July 10, 2003, 02:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (NeoKast @ Jul 10 2003, 06:26 PM)
    Actually, you can disable the font hack by renaming your font files with Boxplorer or by using FTP.

Then you can go about using Xbox !Live.

You would need 007 AUF to enable it again, but it's not very hard, time consuming, or expensive.

You can also make your TSOP writeable by soldering to super easy points on the motherboard.

Then you could just flash from your modded bios for mod stuff (you're not using the free-x hack at this point, but the 007 AUF exploit), and back to your original bios for Xbox !Live use.

If you wanted to go all out, you can add a switch to your TSOP and make it multi-bank bios. This way, you could use a switch like a mod chip user.

So, don't say the exploits are bad.

1. The 007 AUF save hack isn't dangerous and is extremely useful and helpful to any modder. It's so awesome in fact, that you can sign .xbe's you want to use with it and run them after loading your EvoX dash with 007 AUF safely on ANY Xbox.

2. It's your fault you fucked your Xbox up with the free-x exploit. (unlesss you were one of the first and you had your power unplugged and were an original victim of the time loop)

i HAVE a original backup on my HD, and i did read every peice of information i could before i even started. Now again this is childish so just stop talking about me, all i said was hey, if you have a 1.0 xbox, you shouldn't do this, and i get flamed like im some kind of idiot, suddenly if something goes wrong it makes a person and idiot... by that way of thinking billy willy gates would be a huge idiot, because im sure everything didn't go right in his garage in the beginning. So please just stop acting like you are the almighty and that the exploit is god.
    Pages: [1] 2 3