xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Usb Issue  (Read 224 times)

jetskidj

• Archived User
Usb Issue
« on: December 01, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »

I need help with the USB driver thing.  When I plug in my USB and direct it to look in the c/programfile/xchip/usbdrive spot it runs for a moment then says that it is unable to install hardware.  

After some looking I noticed that in the installation manual that when windows finds the new hardware it says “Ez-usb (2131q/2131s/2135s) – eeprom missing”.  My computer only shows USB found.

Thanks in advance.
 <

spare72

• Archived User
Usb Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 04:03:00 PM »

You have to install the correct drivers

The drivers come with the X-chip flash program you download at EB2k and install.  It will be under program files\Xchip  and if memory serves its under the USB folder

Just say you have your own driver etc etc and load up this one and you should be rockin!

This post has been edited by spare72: Dec 2 2004, 12:05 AM <

jetskidj

• Archived User
Usb Issue
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 08:15:00 AM »

That is what I have been doing.  I direct it the install wizard to look for the driver in the folder just like the directions.  But it comes back and says unable to install it.   Maybee i just need to try another computer with a USB.  I have done over a dozen xboxs but never one with the USB thing.  Which will be real cool once I get it to work.    <

JonnyBoy123

• Archived User
Usb Issue
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »

My suggestion is to try a new usb port on your computer.. maybe its a bad one..   dry.gif   <

jetskidj

• Archived User
Usb Issue
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 07:18:00 PM »

will do.  I will let you know how it goes.  

I was using a brand new computer, but you never know.  Thanks for the advice.

<

hockster

• Archived User
Usb Issue
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »

I am having the same problem

I have tried 2 different computers same thing

Maybe wrong software????

Please help  <

chronic_

• Archived User
Usb Issue
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »

Choose 'C:\Program Files\X-Chip\USB Drivers' from the browse menu, if that doesnt work, check you click every notification you are given by xp and repeat the proccess, there are a few drivers you need to install, i had to do it a couple of times if i remmember right.  <