xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X-chip Won’t Load X-chip Cromwell V1.0 Or Evox X-c  (Read 160 times)

slicemaster101

• Archived User
X-chip Won’t Load X-chip Cromwell V1.0 Or Evox X-c
« on: November 28, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »

Well,
Here’s what happened. I was running a stock X-Chip with X-Chip Cromwell 1.0 and my BIOS of choice (EvoX M8+) loaded into an empty BIOS bank on my v1.4 Xbox. I heard about EvoX X-Chip BIOS 1.3 so I decided to give it a try so I “RAW” flashed it to the chip as the instructions said. It wouldn’t boot so I “RAW” flashed it back to the full.bin (aka X-Chip Cromwell v1.0) that came with my X-Control v1.06 and that doesn’t boot, so I load up EvoX M8+ in one of the BIOS banks and it boots (with EvoX M8+). Always, why is X-Chip Cromwell v1.0 and EvoX X-Chip BIOS 1.3 not working? When I load either of those up by them selves the box just turns on and then off twice and then the lights start flashing red and green. Is my chip busted? The only way I can boot is with EvoX M8+ either “RAW” flashed to the chip or in an empty BIOS bank and even when its set to boot to Cromwell it will boot EvoX M8+. What’s wrong?

Here’s my setup:
1. I am running a v1.4 Xbox
2. X-Chip w/ solderless adaptor installed properly
3. EvolutionX Build 3935
4. Stock HDD
5. X-Control v1.06

Thanks,
Slice

This post has been edited by slicemaster101: Nov 29 2004, 01:49 AM

slicemaster101

• Archived User
X-chip Won’t Load X-chip Cromwell V1.0 Or Evox X-c
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 08:15:00 PM »

QUOTE (slicemaster101 @ Nov 28 2004, 04:40 PM)
Well,
Here’s what happened. I was running a stock X-Chip with X-Chip Cromwell 1.0 and my BIOS of choice (EvoX M8+) loaded into an empty BIOS bank on my v1.4 Xbox. I heard about EvoX X-Chip BIOS 1.3 so I decided to give it a try so I “RAW” flashed it to the chip as the instructions said. It wouldn’t boot so I “RAW” flashed it back to the full.bin (aka X-Chip Cromwell v1.0) that came with my X-Control v1.06 and that doesn’t boot, so I load up EvoX M8+ in one of the BIOS banks and it boots (with EvoX M8+). Always, why is X-Chip Cromwell v1.0 and EvoX X-Chip BIOS 1.3 not working? When I load either of those up by them selves the box just turns on and then off twice and then the lights start flashing red and green. Is my chip busted? The only way I can boot is with EvoX M8+ either “RAW” flashed to the chip or in an empty BIOS bank and even when its set to boot to Cromwell it will boot EvoX M8+. What’s wrong?

Here’s my setup:
1. I am running a v1.4 Xbox
2. X-Chip w/ solderless adaptor installed properly
3. EvolutionX Build 3935
4. Stock HDD
5. X-Control v1.06

Thanks,
Slice

Thanks a lot PaulY^!
I did every thing you said before except for unplugging the USB cable before booting. I did that and it worked! EvoX X-Chip BIOS 1.3 and CROMWELL! Both work!
Thanks alot, now I know that I need to disconnect the USB cable after flashing but before booting!

Thanks,
Slice

P.S. this might be a good tip to put somewhere because that was the deciding factor on whether it worked or didn’t for me.