xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: The Final Tutorial For St.db Audio Exploit  (Read 871 times)

tutu

• Archived User
The Final Tutorial For St.db Audio Exploit
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2003, 06:25:00 PM »

evox has to be on C:, as this is where the X2 bios looks.

It has been suggested that you could modify the bios with xbtool to look for evoxdash on E or whatever, might be a good idea smile.gif

Gonna try it at some point

mathieu

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2003, 06:28:00 PM »

!--QuoteBegin-tutu+Jul 22 2003, 02:25 AM-->
QUOTE (tutu @ Jul 22 2003, 02:25 AM)
evox has to be on C:, as this is where the X2 bios looks.

It has been suggested that you could modify the bios with xbtool to look for evoxdash on E or whatever, might be a good idea smile.gif

Gonna try it at some point

I'm not using the pheonix loader so the X2 bios has nothing to do with it. I'm just using plain evox signed with -habibi. The audio exploit hex is supposed to load any .xbe correct?

tutu

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2003, 06:36:00 PM »

Oh yes sorry picked that up the second time!!

Must goto sleep.. smile.gif

mathieu

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2003, 06:48:00 PM »

nevermind i was putting it in the UDATA rather than TDATA, works good now smile.gif

belgarath

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2003, 06:54:00 PM »

#xbins

xbox exploits Audio_Exploit_PLUS_Phoenix_Bios_Loader

;-]

tutu

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2003, 07:38:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2003, 07:44:00 PM »

only the dashboard 4920 is supported

Time to go find a live CD

Just_Reboot

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2003, 08:31:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

bobeck72

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2003, 09:29:00 PM »

ok picked up the signed audio loader from the usual places...got rid of all the font hack stuff and installed the audio hack...works like a charm right off the bat on my 1.0 4340,4920. one quick question...while ftp'ing and cleaning out the font exploit stuff i noticed that my default.xbe on C: was dated the 10th of july...been back and forth with so many diff hacks for the font exploit that i can't remember which one if not all of them replaced the default.xbe and could it cause any problems down the road not having the original on C?

XboxforU

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2003, 09:57:00 PM »

I'm with mattheui two posts up..I would like to know if I could take audio hack and straight up sign default.xbe of xbox game and have audio hack load up game straight away...Is there a patching of the kernel?? Could this be safe for live??

Adso58

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2003, 01:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (XboxforU @ Jul 22 2003, 06:57 AM)
I'm with mattheui two posts up..I would like to know if I could take audio hack and straight up sign default.xbe of xbox game and have audio hack load up game straight away...Is there a patching of the kernel?? Could this be safe for live??

Yes, the game should run, but don't use that with Live, this exploit (as the others exploits), patch the public key of the XBox in memory.

So, yes, the kernel is patched in memory before running E:linux.xbe, this patching only occurs when you activate the exploit (go to Music, select Copy, etc.)

If you want to use originals games with Live I think that there will be no problem (I don't have Live).  wink.gif

af12345

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2003, 04:49:00 AM »

I just have a few questions with the Audio_Exploit_PLUS_Phoenix_Bios_Loader exploit before I load it up on an unmodded XBox with versions as per the above posts.

1) Once the exploit is installed (and after use & a restart), is the normal operation of the XBox different at all with the exception of copying audio CDs? Will games run as before, and the XBox work as it did before running the exploit?

2) Once the exploit has been issued, and EvoX boots, does the eject fix work?

3) Am I able to view the files on D: and not just VIDEO_TS?

4) What realistically can go wrong with this exploit? (infinite loops? clock problems?)

5) Is there anything else that people have had problems with?

Thanks for your help, I really just want to minimise the chance of something going wrong! I've found answers to a lot of these questions already, but not with regards to this particular version of the audio exploit.

Artifex

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2003, 04:49:00 AM »

Very good work indeed. :-)

This is the sort of caliber of work that the scene SHOULD be seeing more of, these days.

I commend you.

--Artifex

kornkob69

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2003, 05:17:00 AM »

my xbox freezes when i hit A to accept the name of the new soundtrack. im on a 3944 with 4920 dash

edit: seems it doesnt want to accept that default name of soundtrack 1 or whatever, i named it "a" and it worked.

oneeyedelf

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2003, 07:04:00 AM »

you might already have a soundtrack1 name, so delete/rename it to make it easier, just a guess, but I bet its alot harder to rename a file then it isto change the name every time.

Oh ya, there is no eject fix in this, or least I dont think there is, I just think it continue's the dash's ability to let you eject, I really dont know this hack works, but I think its a good one, and once again props on the guy that got it to boot other code, smart too cause he just used the habibi key, I wish someone released the font hack with habibi key, it would be nice to keep them all the same....

EDIT: In the beggining I didnt want to update my dash so I tried this on a 3944 with stock dash, and just boot linux it hung. updated to 4092 with unreal and it worked like a champ....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8