xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Dashboard Exploit Kills Live  (Read 293 times)

akula169

• Archived User
Dashboard Exploit Kills Live
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2003, 12:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (NeoKast @ Jul 7 2003, 12:14 PM)
I have a mod chip by the way.

Also, installing the switch is the pain, not flipping it.

Last of all, the batch file idea isn't what I'm looking for since I want to eliminate the need for a PC completely.

Perhaps Boxplorer is the best way unless EvoX can rename files.

I just told you that Evox has scriptable file copy capability.  Just overwrite - forget the renaming.

NeoKast

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2003, 12:21:00 PM »

Can you delete files too?

I know how to use actions in the .ini, but I don't have a list of all of the available commands.

Oh yeah, do you need a special command to overwrite?

Are you sure that the copy command will always overwrite?

estoyloco

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2003, 12:22:00 PM »

yes akula but i believe the expliot requires the removal or renaming of files.
not just copying

and neo installing a switch is not a pain, if you already installed a mod you should have no problem installing a switch...
hell its a one time deal...

so get it over with and then you wont have to fuss about all this software mod blahb lahb blah crap
and even then most today's mods come with dual boot capabilities, e.g. matrix / apple x being able to boot retail bios or mod bios depending on how you turn on your Xbox...

in which case if you had the ORIGINAL DVD why would it be a problem to play on XBL, since you claim to have a modchip + only want to play originals on XBL anyways?

akula169

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2003, 12:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (estoyloco @ Jul 7 2003, 12:22 PM)
yes akula but i believe the expliot requires the removal or renaming of files.
not just copying

renaming can be accomplished by copying

copy oldfilename.xtf newfilename.xtf

But, if I recall, the latest hack that runs with evox (from Pheonix) requires the hacked files (bert and snuffalupagus) to Xbox Book.xtf and Xbox.xtf font files to be renamed.

so, this hack won't fit on a normal Xbox Memory card, but if you're using x-key or a USB pendrive, then just make two directories with the following files on the card:

(original files)
orig/Xbox.xtf
orig/Xbox Book.xtf

(hacked files)
hacked/Xbox.xtf
hacked/Xbox Book.xtf

Have one action copy from the orig directory to /fonts/ to restore original operation
and vice versa for the other.  default.xbe can remain in root, since it won't be called upon in un-hacked mode.  

Of course, all this could be moot if 'del' or 'delete' is a functioning command in Evox.  Athough, I'm not in a place to test this currently.  And, if I really cared about this hack, I would make a working version for people, but I don't.  So I won't.

estoyloco

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2003, 12:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (NeoKast @ Jul 7 2003, 09:32 PM)
It really doesn't have anything to do with my own needs.

I know there are multiple ways I can go about doing what I need to do with my Xbox. As a matter of fact, it's all been done, but...

However, like I stated earlier, my goal right now is to be able to do a complete mod, short of upgrading the HDD without ever opening the Xbox. I also want a software method of enabling and disabling free-x so Xbox !Live can be used legitimately.

As compatibility increases with the Complex Loader functionality on all Xbox's, I see this as the ultimate power in the modding world.

I don't understand why it's not embraced. Once you have the memory card with the save and a copy of 007 AUF, you could mod any Xbox on earth without spending another dime when this is all smoothed out.

Why buy a mod chip for each system?

Hmm I see now...

I really didn't have a problem with this exploit, I just couldn't understand the way some people bitched and whined over its limitations and etc.  But now I see what you are trying to do.

Well lets just hope this is not just an attempt to find a way to sucker some xbox owning sap to fork over money for a "mod" solution that is no cost to the installer.

NeoKast

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2003, 02:37:00 PM »

It'll be a little while until it can be done.

As of now, a 007 AUF save can't be large enough to support installing the Bert is Cheating on Ernie version of EvoX.

You still need FTP since you can't boot a CDRW with CompleX !Loader or EvoX loaded from a 007 AUF save.

Hopefully this will change.

However, I was thinking..

Perhaps the audio database hack would be useful in conjunction with the font exploit?

This way, you could disable the font exploit using your preferred method (of course, I prefer not having to use a PC), and then you could enable it again with an audio CD, which would be better than 007 AUF since most people own one.

This way the install could be performed with 007 AUF, and then after that, the font exploit could be enabled via the database exploit, and disabled via Boxplorer/EvoX, whichever is smoothed out the best.

Again, I'm trying to figure out a method of modding the Xbox with software, without a PC, and still allow the use of XBLive when disabled. The audio hack would allow the end user the power to enable it again without the original 007 AUF disc.

Morglum

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2003, 01:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (estoyloco @ Jul 7 2003, 09:04 PM)
dankydoo my interpretation of that quote was nothing more than using the exploit for methods of playing pirated copies on XBL.

it wasn't really implying that people with these exploits should not be able to play backups at all.
because you can play backups with modchip or exploit.  But now with the exploit it might be possible to play backups on Live.  This is how I interpreted the quote that it wont stop just there.

You interpreted what i said perfectly, thats exactly what i meant and it was quite clear that is what i meant too. Dankydoo is just a jumped up little fucking kid trying to start a flame war.
Pages: 1 2 [3]