xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Does The Time Error Affect Evox?  (Read 81 times)

luther349

• Archived User
Does The Time Error Affect Evox?
« on: July 07, 2003, 10:00:00 AM »

ok i set the ini like that. last thing ya what is to have a loop lol. maybe this expolite wil get upgraded to use the msdash someday. perhaps renaming it to xboxdash and letting evox launch it will work. but only time will tell. seems the audio cd hack would be better only if it had a evox installer. that way you not crippling your dash.

james_row

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 10:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (Cherry @ Jul 7 2003, 05:57 PM)
Explanation:

If EvoX detects that the time is corrupt (which happens when power is lost for a while), it will check if "JumpToMSDash" is set to YES. If it is, it runs the MSDash to let you set the time.

If it's set to "No", EvoX will instead try to set the time from a server on the internet. If it cannot connect to this server, and "JumpIfNoLink" is set to YES, again it will run the MSDash to let you set the time.

And there is the problem. YOU CAN'T RUN THE MS DASH! Doing so will simply launch EvoX again, and thus you get stuck in a loop.

Exacto Amigo! I knew you'd get this, hehe. Being the ol' timer that you are (no pun) biggrin.gif

peteo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 10:19:00 AM »

so, if you set these both to no, then if the time is reset you wont get into a boot loop?
If the xbox has no time will it launch the xboxdash.xbe, thus trigering the font expolit or does it run a differnt clock program?

samzor

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 10:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (CodeWiz @ Jul 7 2003, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (samzor @ Jul 7 2003, 06:45 PM)
well i didnt change that thing in the evox.ini and now i lost time and it just keeps on booting and booting and booting in an endless loop .. basicly im fucked :/

unplug the hard drive and see what happens......

or make sure the network cable is plugged in to see if evo gets the time set via sntp

aaah good idea.. if it boots from dvd when the hd is unplugged i can just create an evox cd with the evox.ini config'd properly to set up time and it might just work ..

thanks i think u just put me on the way of fixing my xbox

NeoKast

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 10:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (luther349 @ Jul 7 2003, 06:00 PM)
ok i set the ini like that. last thing ya what is to have a loop lol. maybe this expolite wil get upgraded to use the msdash someday. perhaps renaming it to xboxdash and letting evox launch it will work. but only time will tell. seems the audio cd hack would be better only if it had a evox installer. that way you not crippling your dash.

I don't know about you, but...my MS Dash is named xboxdash.xbe.

I also have EvoX set to launch that as my MS Dash. Unfortunately, this means that it'll just reload EvoX instead since the dash is hacked to do so.

If there was a way to launch the MS dash from another location on the HDD, that may work, but..will the system recognize it as the main dash? (allowing you to fix the time or whatever)

I also disagree about the audio database hack. I think it's an inferior method. How could you boot discs when you have an Audio CD in the drive? You might as well be using the 007 AUF game to load EvoX.

Also, I didn't think an Xbox, modded or not, would boot anything without a hard drive?

samzor

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 10:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (samzor @ Jul 7 2003, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (CodeWiz @ Jul 7 2003, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (samzor @ Jul 7 2003, 06:45 PM)
well i didnt change that thing in the evox.ini and now i lost time and it just keeps on booting and booting and booting in an endless loop .. basicly im fucked :/

unplug the hard drive and see what happens......

or make sure the network cable is plugged in to see if evo gets the time set via sntp

aaah good idea.. if it boots from dvd when the hd is unplugged i can just create an evox cd with the evox.ini config'd properly to set up time and it might just work ..

thanks i think u just put me on the way of fixing my xbox

i was just re-thinking this method .. and there is no way it's gonna work since i dont have a modchip installed i can't boot evox from cd once the hd is unplugged... err

and from what i understand i can't boot evox from the memory unit it needs to be loaded from hd :/

so yah basicly im fucked again.. unless i hook up the hd to my pc and fix the files back like it was before ... :/

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2003, 10:41:00 AM »

no reasion you cant launch the dash from lets say e: from evox. so i say put the orignal dash on e: unhacked with orignal fonts and edit the evox ini to launch the dash from there and leave the hacked one on c:.

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »

in thery it should allow you to use the m$ dash threw evox.

NeoKast

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »

I agree, but would it work properly when handling things like the time?